Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be a screener application form. So the staff would know people who were interested and then evaluate on basis of photographic proficrncy and whatnot. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Congrats Egon and Radomir!

Its tough work being a Screener

Cheers

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
        Should be a screener application form. So the staff would know people who were interested and then evaluate on basis of photographic proficrncy and whatnot. Just a suggestion.
        I dont think so...because everyone would apply. The best way is for the Chris, me and the screeners to select certain individuals who we see are fit. Believe me, we can see who is and who isnt fit from their photos.
        Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
        Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
        http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

All of the guys seem pretty cool, except for that Marc Hookerman, you have to watch him! :P
          Just playing Marc!
          Keep up the good work guys and I am sure all of us will keep uploading photos!

Stephen

Comment

Geezzzh........ those that run this site are becoming almost as arrogant as those putzes over at Airliners Talk about a group that is in love with themselves From what I am reading getting a picture uploaded here is almost as difficult as that dumb Swede's site. And I thought you were going to be different, Chris and Polish.......... For shame!

Mark

Comment

Hey Mark! Some of us are Swede's here to you know! If your talking about Johan, that is fine.

Stephen

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac
                Geezzzh........ those that run this site are becoming almost as arrogant as those putzes over at Airliners Talk about a group that is in love with themselves From what I am reading getting a picture uploaded here is almost as difficult as that dumb Swede's site. And I thought you were going to be different, Chris and Polish.......... For shame!

Mark
                I think your perception to begin with was wrong. JP is not and will not become a photo database where everything goes. Dont give me this BS that its as hard as a.net to get pix accepted here because anyone will testify against it.

As for personal attacks, that makes you look so mature...especially jumping out like that with 1 post.

Comment

If you see my comment on the 70,000th photo thread you can see how the rejection rates differ.
                  Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Yeah, well try to convince yourself of this Peter. Just out of curiousty, how many Airliner's screeners are now doing double time over here? With the likes of Hunt = increased reject rates. What percentage JP's screeners are American vs Euros (especially thos smug, elitiest arrogant Brits)?

Mark

Comment

Yeah, well try to convince yourself of this Peter. Just out of curiousty, how many Airliner's screeners are now doing double time over here? With the likes of Hunt = increased reject rates. What percentage JP's screeners are American vs Euros (especially thos smug, elitiest arrogant Brits)?

Mark
                      I count 10 European Screeners, 8 US Screeners (INCLUDING me and Chris), And theres 1 Aussie screener.

Theres 4 UK Screeners and 3 Swiss Screeners, does that make the swiss arrogant? What elities arrogant Brits? I have a suggestion for you next time...make a POINT. I dont see what the nationalities of screeners have to do with anything, and as far as I can see we have a VERY diversified screening team. We could have just employed screeners from the US only...what you think that would have been fair?

2nd thing is, those screeners that screen on both sites chose to do it themselves. How about you stop accusing people of going double time...if they have time then they have time. The only person that does screening here and there is Andy...then on the other hand are the photogs going double time over here too? Stop blaming people if you dont have anything to contribute yourself.

3rd, stop accusing Andy for higher rejection rates. Andy understands that the standards are lower here...Something you dont realize, but everyone else does. Or is it jealousy you feel because Andy takes GREAT photos?

Comment

Dude, you are so blind!

When JP hits 100k, you and Chris will no doubt increase your standards to the point that you will rival Airliners. Leaving most of us out in the cold, hell, Planepictures is rejecting my work left and right, and they take anything!

Damn only 8 US screeners..?! Not a good sign, dude. Yes the Swiss are arrogant and obnoixious, I met one once . It is bad enogh that Airliners is anti-american, I guess being a Euro site, I can understand that, but my god, this is an American site, show some damn patriotism.

Americans first!

Mark

Comment

Dude, you are so blind!

When JP hits 100k, you and Chris will no doubt increase your standards to the point that you will rival Airliners. Leaving most of us out in the cold, hell, Planepictures is rejecting my work left and right, and they take anything!

Damn only 8 US screeners..?! Not a good sign, dude. Yes the Swiss are arrogant and obnoixious, I met one once . It is bad enogh that Airliners is anti-american, I guess being a Euro site, I can understand that, but my god, this is an American site, show some damn patriotism.

Americans first!

Im blind? Ill let you in on a little secret here...MOST of the photogs that upload here arent American. I dont care if this site was hosted on the moon, if your good at taking photos and you have experience you qualify. Then again, I doubt JP is going to increase its standards beyond this level, especially at such a short notice. Your photos are getting rejected? Maybe you need to work on your photography skills instead of blaming the standards? If you want to play ratio to ratio the US is 291 million people and Europe is what? 800 million...I think thats fair that we have that balance of screeners. We dont want to rival airliners, I can say you that this is not this sites goal to rival A.net head to head. I can assure you that the reason why we started JP is for lower level standards and being more user friendly. And it will stay that way.

Mark

Comment

Talk is cheap pal, we'll see when you hit 100k.

Mark

Comment

Mark,
                              Why don't you post some of your rejections? There is always someone willing to help. Look at JoeJoe, he finally got two in, but he asked for a lot of help, and he finally got it.

Jeff

Comment

Yeah. post your rejections here so that we can see them. Everyone does that, gets suggestions and then re-uploads. most of the time (is my guess) they get accepted.

I met one once
                                Hardly a way to stereotype a whole nation full of people.
                                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Working...
                                X