[photoid=426040]
    [photoid=426034]
    [photoid=426031]
    [photoid=426025]

Hope you likey!
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

wow that Gulf is low....!!! Awesome shots, I need to go there!!

this one rocks as well:

[photoid=426021]
      Last edited by philip; 2005-02-22, 15:49.
      greetings,
      Philip

Comment

Dude...the AF340 + Maho Beach Surfboard shot is really the best one. Great combination of scenery afforded by that 10mm...you have the sign, a huge portion of the beach, the hotels, the ocean and that plane all in one wide shot...and all in focus

Comment

Saw those shots this morning in the DB. Also saw that Chris Starnes was in SXM at the same time that you were. Did you plan that out or was it a lucky coincidence?
          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
            Saw those shots this morning in the DB. Also saw that Chris Starnes was in SXM at the same time that you were. Did you plan that out or was it a lucky coincidence?

Oh I'm sure they each had no clue the other was going to be there

Comment

Originally posted by kaddyuk
              I'm more supprised with the in-focus part
              Given your past photographic results, I'm not surprised!
              Trump is an idiot!
              Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
                Given your past photographic results, I'm not surprised!
                zing!

Comment

Brilliant pictures there Chris!

Comment

Nice job Chris. Finally something to shut up all those people who complain how "poor" EF-s lenses are. That lens looks to be a little cracker.

Comment

Wow...nice shots Chris, especially the one with the surfboard! Glad to see they're putting more detail on it now...it used to be just airline & arrival time! Here's how it used to be: [photoid=390652]

Can't wait until November...I'm going again.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

whats SXM like in may? i'm in NYC then and a quick trip down for a few days might be a good idea seeing as it's so close. chris, whats the hotel rates etc?

mont

next trips
                        USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL
                          Nice job Chris. Finally something to shut up all those people who complain how "poor" EF-s lenses are. That lens looks to be a little cracker.
                          So I was gonna look for a picture of a cracker to post here, but in my search on yahoo images I came up with something that makes me not want to eat for quite some time....uhh....ew...

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
                            whats SXM like in may? i'm in NYC then and a quick trip down for a few days might be a good idea seeing as it's so close. chris, whats the hotel rates etc?
                            I've never been in May, but I believe April-June is the wet season, with about 75% of days being cloudy and rainy. Hotel rates vary widely.. I have paid as low as $89 a night and upwards of $300 a night (this past time) for the same room at the Sonesta Maho.

It's really a place worth visiting for a few days though.. I can't think of a place on earth I'd rather be!
                            Trump is an idiot!
                            Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL
                              Thanks, James! And thanks to everyone for your nice compliments!

I have read numerous comparisons between the Canon 10-22 and the Sigma 22-24, and the Canon blows the Sigma out of the water in every category, from sharpness, resolution, to distortion. The mount issue doesn't bother me, as I don't foresee spending the kind of money Canon wants for a 1:1 sensor DSLR just for taking plane pictures any time soon.

I really tried to stay away from the boring (at least in my opinion) 'over the beach' sideon at SXM. That's too easy. It was fun -- and I think Chris S will vouch for this -- to try to get new and interesting angles from the limited areas available south of the final approach course at SXM. Got some odd looks from people relaxing on the beach while running around setting up shots, but I think the results were well worth it.

And hell, there was plenty of time to soak up the sun, copious amounts of Carib, mango and strawberry daquiris, and beautiful sunsets between airplane arrivals.
                              Last edited by Chris Kilroy; 2005-02-23, 04:31.
                              Trump is an idiot!
                              Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Working...
                              X