No announcement yet.

Manchester Spotting September 1-3, 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who are staying throughout the weekend, I have a room reserved from Sept 1 to Sept. 4 already, so if anyone needs a place to stay for t he weekend, let me know.

I'm flying from JFK to MAN on Delta Airlines, 767-400, arriving on Sept. 1 at 8:30am then probably head to the AVP after I clear customs.

Hey Jid, thanks for the info. I can't wait to try the carpet burger at the AVP.

Kevin

Comment

As Dale says the parking at the Triangle is not like it was and parking at the top of the lane is very limited now. Still there is parking all the way up Woodend Lane which would a lot closer than walking from the Moat House. Here is a Google Earth view of the route, by car from the Moat House Hotel.

Comment

Thats what I was after Jid, cheers matey and see you on the 2nd I guess .
        Best regards,
        Dave

Saving the World, One Screened Image at a time...

Comment

Just wanting to stick my oar in,

I'm gonna be there on the Sunday too.

If someone has been to MAN in the past 3 weeks, do they know if they have removed that gate form the traingle area?
          I went just before I left for europe and someone - farmer or whoever - had put a fence up that I climbed over. It was strange because there was no problem getting there if you walked past the fire station etc.

I'm going to see some friends who live in cheshire today so may go and have a quick look at the situation.

Cheers.

Looking foward to seeing everyone
          Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet intakes

Comment

Originally posted by Burrd255314
            If someone has been to MAN in the past 3 weeks, do they know if they have removed that gate form the traingle area?
            I went just before I left for europe and someone - farmer or whoever - had put a fence up that I climbed over.
            I believe it's still there. The farmer also put stumps in the grass along the top of the lane to try and stop people from parking there, but it doesn't seem to be working

Comment

I cant see a google earth view lol i am using firefox is that why ? Also would it not be a good idea that if there are going to be a few of us then if we all meet at the moat house point park the cars and go up to the triangle in 2 or 3 cars rather than everyone take there own just thinking it would better for parking etc

Cheers
              Alan
              Last edited by AlanF; 2006-08-04, 08:56.

Comment

Very good idea.

What time is do-able for most people?
                It also makes the AVP cheaper

Comment

Very good idea.

What time is do-able for most people?
                  It also makes the AVP cheaper
                  Anytime is do-able to me earlier the better i would say then we are sure to get to park the cars on the lane by the moat house there will be room for 3 or 4 in my car or if someone has a people carrier even better lol

Cheers
                  Alan

Comment

Originally posted by jid
                    . Oh and you will probably be hungry enough to manage one of the AVP's carpet burgers as well by that time!!!

Jid
                    Jid thats just too cruel.

Kevin DO NOT EAT THE BURGERS No matter how hungry you think you are you can never be that hungry.

Comment

I can get 3 or 4 in mine aswell.

Had a look today at the situation and the 'person' who put the gate there is being a real a##hole.
                      There is room for about 5 cars I reckon, but it would be interesting to try and turn them all round again to go back

Comment

I can get 3 or 4 in mine aswell.

Had a look today at the situation and the 'person' who put the gate there is being a real a##hole.
                        There is room for about 5 cars I reckon, but it would be interesting to try and turn them all round again to go back
                        Then we need to meet early to avoid a parking rage?

http://stu-doherty.fotopic.net

Comment

If your going to do the Sunday, I'll have to bow out. The flights just don't match up and I can't justify the whole weekend.

Ah well, next time maybe.....

Andy

Comment

I think I can make it on the Saturday. I've been meaning to visit other MAN locations, apart from the Spectator Terrace, for yonks. Just never got around to it. I think I can exchange a day of railfanning for plane spotting for a change.

Comment

I'll be there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Kevin

Comment

So who is still up for the meet? im gonna be there on Sunday 3rd.

http://stu-doherty.fotopic.net

Comment

Working...
                                X