No announcement yet.

Who's doing RIAT Fairford this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good point Andy. I thought last years was rubbish too and dare I say a little bit boring, which put me off going this year. Still deciding.

Comment

Originally posted by Manc
      Andy, you can pick me up on the way past London

Shots that turn out! You know what the answer is!
      Southampton you fool, not Southend!!

And I am NOT buying a cheap Canon!! I will simply learn to use my Nikon properly!!

Andy

Comment

Hello Everybody!

I am planning my first trip to Fairford this year, so a little info from you here would be nice I`m flying out of Oslo, Gardermoen. I suppose it`s easiest to fly to Heathrow? (SAS) Norwegian flies to Stansted, but that is not a very good option is it? I guess it`s easier to get to fairford by train from heathrow? Or should i just rent a car..
        And I will need a room for one night, but it doesn`t have to be something fancy at all, just a bed and a roof since I`m not planning on beeing in the room for more than one nights sleep anyway..

I`m very thankful for any good advice that you might give me, it would be really helpful

Comment

E-Mail me with your arrival and departure dates

[email protected]

Comment

RIAT's one i've not done yet, so will definately think about going this year. I'm sure a few of the lads (you know who you are) will join me too.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL
              RIAT's one i've not done yet, so will definately think about going this year. I'm sure a few of the lads (you know who you are) will join me too.
              Well im going to be going!!! You better get your ass in the Bora and come down for it! I'm hopefully going to have a press pass for every day this year with the possibility of bringing in one (or maybe two if i can blag it) assitants! I'll know more when i've spoke to the press office and the people giving me accredadation.

Chris
              Chris Sharps
              5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
              17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
              24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
              1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Depending on if i can get the money together i may be attending. Fingers crossed i can afford it.

Comment

I might be going, depends on whats going and stuff.

Comment

Looking good so far.

Aerobatic Teams: Red Arrows, Feccie, Aguila, RJ Falcons
                    Herks: Belgium, Brazil, US (Air Education Command), Jordan
                    F-117s, Gripens, C-17s, B-1, B-52s, Turkish F5s, Greek A7s

Comment

Also...
                      Role capability scenarios will be taking place at the following events:

Spirit of Adventure (Abingdon) – 26-27 May 07
                      Biggin Hill – 2-3 Jun 07
                      Cosford – 10 Jun 07
                      Kemble – 17 Jun 07
                      Waddington – 30 Jun – 1 Jul 07
                      Fairford – 14-15 Jul 07
                      Spirit of Adventure (Kinross) – 25-26 May 07

The scenario will be approx 25 mins in duration and will represent real RAF air power roles - expect air defence, offensive support, ISTAR, troop insertion and close air support. It is intended to keep the scenario as “tight” as possible to maintain spectacle but clearly this comes second to safety issues. Narrative and special effects will assist in bringing the scenario to life, as seen at Leuchars last year but on a far larger scale. The scenario will be delivered by x2 teams made up of the following assets:

Team 1 – x2 Typhoon, x2 Tornado GR4, x2 Hawk, x1 E-3D, x1 C-130J, x2 SH (Merlin, Chinook – TBC)

Team 2 – x2 Tornado F3, x2 Harrier GR7/9, x2 Hawk, x1 E-3D, x1 C-130J, x2 SH (Merlin, Chinook – TBC)
                      Source: Link

Comment

Dont forget the Spanish Harriers. Quite a rare sight..

also the Thunderbirds should be mentioned with the teams I guess
                        greetings,
                        Philip

Comment

Working...
                        X