Got Photos on Airliners.net? READ THIS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive finally had my photos removed.
    Ive been wanting this to happen for months now, but this was the final straw.
    My photos on J.net

Comment

• Deletion

My photos 321 have been deleted today. Good riddence.

Comment

• My ones have gone today from the website. Good riddence i say.

Comment

• So how many have been deleted now.... it was 7000 + last time

Comment

• Originally posted by hkgspotter1
            So how many have been deleted now.... it was 7000 + last time
            Not too many more I think, as things appear to be cooling down somewhat.
            For the love of God, folks, don't try this at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTU932
              And Paulo still refuses to answer my questions about the risks that legal mentioned. I quote from post 116 in the Terms of use thread in A.net's Av-Photography:
              If you're asking why the a.net terms of use need to be changed, read them. The old ones which have now been reinstated say nothing about photographers' rights. Precisely because of what's happened over these last 7 days they are no longer good enough and we need new TOUs that spell out our rights and give them cast iron protection.

Charles

Comment

• More interesting is the number of uploads they are getting.

a.net
                2008-02-10: 842 photos 842 photos not screened yet
                2008-02-11: 681 photos 681 photos not screened yet
                2008-02-12: 564 photos 564 photos not screened yet
                2008-02-13: 654 photos 653 photos not screened yet 1 photos currently in screening
                2008-02-14: 664 photos 664 photos not screened yet
                jp.net

10 February 2008: 1,896 total uploads. 0 not yet screened. 0 in screening. 1,896 processed.
                11 February 2008: 1,854 total uploads. 0 not yet screened. 0 in screening. 1,854 processed.
                12 February 2008: 1,491 total uploads. 1,283 not yet screened. 9 in screening. 199 processed.
                13 February 2008: 1,455 total uploads. 1,446 not yet screened. 0 in screening. 9 processed.
                14 February 2008: 1,358 total uploads. 1,343 not yet screened. 0 in screening. 15 processed.

Comment

• Originally posted by seahawk
                  More interesting is the number of uploads they are getting.
                  And how much we are screening

Comment

• Originally posted by pdeboer
                    And how much we are screening

I dont think the morale there is good for the screeing crew to do any work.

Comment

• Originally posted by gbasco
                      I dont think the morale there is good for the screeing crew to do any work.
                      And we all can understand why....

Comment

• My 990 photos went offline today!

Soren
                        Regards
                        Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

• Originally posted by kukkudrill
                          If you're asking why the a.net terms of use need to be changed, read them. The old ones which have now been reinstated say nothing about photographers' rights. Precisely because of what's happened over these last 7 days they are no longer good enough and we need new TOUs that spell out our rights and give them cast iron protection.
                          Replacing those TOUs with ones that clearly deny photographer's rights and gives the company perpetual and irrevokable rights to the submitted intelectual property of these photograhers (which have been pulled again for the time being) is counterproductive and thus defeats the purpose of protecting photographer's rights. Just look at how this meltdown has ended, with a total of 8000+ pictures being pulled just this week and most of the photographer community having nothing but contempt for Demand Media.
                          Audentes Fortuna Imperii

Comment

• All of mine 200 pictures are deleted today... they will be back again at jp.net - soon.

get FRA spotting informations here:
                            www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

• I sent out my e-mail just now to request and demand removal of my single picture at A.net! This TOU scandal has increased my stress levels over nothing (the said picture long been at JP as well) and I thought it best to get rid of the stress.

A good company is not supposed to create stress and misery for their "customers".

Comment

• Originally posted by LTU932
                                Replacing those TOUs with ones that clearly deny photographer's rights and gives the company perpetual and irrevokable rights to the submitted intelectual property of these photograhers (which have been pulled again for the time being) is counterproductive and thus defeats the purpose of protecting photographer's rights.
                                You must have misunderstood my post. Obviously fresh TOUs have to provide some pretty robust safeguards.

Charles

Comment

Working...
                                X