This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tanner_J
    I guess I would understand that if it was an HDR photo and it was supposed to be perfectly exposed.
    Either way it still sucks Tanner.

Comment

Cool stuff, I suppose nothing can beat your sweet side on shots!
      Tanner Johnson - Owner
      twenty53 Photography

Comment

Well u make a thread called "Any Chance?" Then state that you know it won't get into the database then you criticize people for giving you feedback , you're a jerk. My sweet side-on shots aren't nothing compared to your professionalism you're so pro I don't know why anyone else even owns a camera.

Comment

err
          Originally posted by Tanner_J
          Ok I know it won't get in the database. Just thought I'd share it with you all...................
          My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Tanner, if you were going for a retro look I think you need to flatten the contrast and the colours to give it a faded and washed out look. With the vignette lighter not darker. But then you also need to have a Ford Tri-Motor as the subject not a Cessna 150!

I can see what you were aiming at and why not! It just goes the wrong way for my own personal taste.

Comment

Ok, the title of the thread was a joke.

Retro is the wrong word and I shouldn't have used it. To me, the colors make it look like a scene from a while ago, not necessarily that the photo was taken a long time ago.

The point of this thread was to share a photograph that I took that I thought was cool. I had just got done flying, parked the plane at the pumps and went and took 2 frames of this and went on my way because I wanted something quick to play with this effect. Not to see if it will get into the database because I obviously knew it wouldn't. I made the title as a joke because of all the other threads with the same title.

Will, I really don't understand your hostility. You pretty much took a thread that was being used to show people a cool effect (which obviously many people like) and turned it into a personal deal. The way I see it is that you have something against me and for some reason you're finally letting me know that you have a problem. You claimed my photo was HDR (which it is not) and then you told me the clouds were overexposed. Did you think I didn't know that? I wasn't looking for feedback on the technicality of the photograph. I was sharing something. Something you think is terrible could be sold to someone else for thousands.

As a professonal photographer it is my job to constantly learn new things to stay at the top of my field. I learned this effect so I tried it out and shared it with you all. I'm almost sorry I did that.

This is a message board I joined for fun years ago. I don't plan on gelling this with my professional side at all. Sure, I will share advice on here about camera equipment and maybe critique a photo, but if you think I'm going to sit here and act how I do with the client paying me thousands to shoot their wedding, you're wrong. I know when to be serious and more importantly I know when to have fun.

Don't question my professionalism when you do not know me. You are in New Zealand, I am in Ohio. Until you come visit me and get to know me as if you were my client, you can't tell me how unprofessional I am. I have hundreds of happy, satisfied clients around the country from people that can barely afford to pay their rent to people with so much money it's coming out their ears, they all know they will be treated equally and that's why they come back to me.

In closing, once again I do not understand the point of you attacking my professionalism. So with all the above said and done, it's a wrap.
              Tanner Johnson - Owner
              twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by cja
                Tanner, if you were going for a retro look I think you need to flatten the contrast and the colours to give it a faded and washed out look. With the vignette lighter not darker. But then you also need to have a Ford Tri-Motor as the subject not a Cessna 150!

I can see what you were aiming at and why not! It just goes the wrong way for my own personal taste.
                As said above (if you took the time to read it, which you didn't have to) I used the wrong word. I (along with many others) think it just looks like a scene from a while ago. Not retro in a sense of 80 years ago, but maybe 1990 or something.

I appreciate your opinion and everyone's here. Personal taste is something everyone obviously has so I didn't expect everyone to like it. Thanks for saying it in a nice way though. We have clients that will absolutely hate a photo of them, and it'll go straight to our business portfolio. It's how the world works.

Oh yea, it's a Cessna 172P, not a 150! (for anyone who reads this, it's a joke, not be calling him out because he's wrong, don't want to be misunderstood)
                Tanner Johnson - Owner
                twenty53 Photography

Comment

Ok, well now that this thread has been pretty much killed I think it best to call closure on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X