Spotting at LAX tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting at LAX tomorrow

Just an fyi I'm heading to LA this evening, I'll be spotting tomorrow along with Chasen Richardson (God protect me please ) Tim W will also be out, if there are any locals about stop on by.

C U There

Jorge C should be there as well.

Comment

Looking forward to meeting some of the SoCal spotters!
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

......you lucky lads...have a great day, look forward to seeing some top shots!!

regards to all...Paul.

Comment

I hope those terrible fires aren't causing you problems.

Comment

Fires, what fires...

G*dD**m fires...
            I worked the museum from 10 - 3, and then headed to the hill, and wouldn't you know it...the smoke from the fires rolled in SO heavy that nothing got captured that is feasible for posting. We did see some good stuff, but nothing can get on the site due to the bad conditions. The sunsets, on the other hand were fab!!

In 2-3 days, the pics should be very nice during the sunset hours when the marine layer rolls in, and the smoke is still in the atmosphere...this will lend itself to very unique conditions here in SoCal. So this is a call to all who want to get some great shots over the coming weeks...fires, plus November's marine layer = VERY COOL PICS!!!

I'll be there on occasion, as well as up north at Santa Paula, Camarillo, Point Mugu...etc. The late afternoon l;ight is just too good to pass up this time of year. This is the time to get those shots of a lifetime. Patience and a bit of good luck could lend itself to a once in a lifetime picture...

Cheers all
            Tim

Comment

The fires were intense. Both to and from LAX smoke filled the window most of the flight. On the way back home I couldn't tell weither we were over the ocean or the coast because all the lights were blanketed in smoke! LAX itself had perfect weather until around 3pm when the smoke filled the sky and within an hour it was raining ash and the conditions were horrible for photography. As Tim said tho, the sunset looked very nice.

I'm not sure how the smoke effected LAX today or what it will do tommorow seeing as I heard only 19% of the fires there are contained, but I wish I would be able to head down there again in the comming days and see what effects there will be at sunrise and sunset. As Tim said, could be a once in a lifetime shot! Will be interesting to see.

Other than being detained for an hour in LAX(don't ask) and having to fly into SJC in the middle of the night, it was a great trip and I enjoyed meeting new people.
              sigpic

Comment

It was a very enjoyable day on Sat with everyone. As Tim said from 3 to sunset you couldn't shoot anything and we were merely blowing the ash off our cameras (seriously). The morning light was fantastic and we snapped some rather nice shots of Wunala. I took a drive up the coast on Sunday which was AWESOME! No smoke and the scenery was Fab! I'll be out spotting at LAX this coming Sat the 22nd till about 2, then I have to catch my flight back to NY.

Comment

Really? I couldn't even see SBA out the window on the way to SJC, so I figured you'd cancel. Glad to know the smoke didn't ruin the scenery on your drive up.
                  sigpic

Comment

If anyone is at LAX later today or tomorrow I'll be out.

Comment

I guess quite a few of you would've seen this shot as its currently the top of the hour shot on A.net
                      © Andrew Compolo

but, what i found weird was his remark,
                      "Pushback at the Tom Bradley International Terminal. Sure was glad to get this shot, because the next night my friend and I got a visit from 6 LAPD officers and were asked to leave this location."

^^^ what for ?

Originally posted by Crunk415balla View Post
                      .............Other than being detained for an hour in LAX(don't ask)...........
                      Same with your remark Chasen, just curious whats it all about ?
                      I thought LAX was cool for spotters, i guess it stil is ¿¿

Comment

Originally posted by Vishal Jolapara View Post

From experience you've just got to stick to the right locations!

There are certain spots where you wont get bothered, such as Imperial Hill, In n out etc, but if you venture away from there you'll tend to attract attention. We wondered up to the Westchester Bridge one evening a few years back and swiftly got booted back to the In n out because our rocket launchers were causing concern. I've never photographed around the terminal area as the cops are generally always hanging about there.

Comment

No, I wasn't spotting, I was passing thru TSA non-reving back home to SFO. The guy thought I looked older than 18 on my ID, then said my ID was "fake" because I look "30"(I turned 18 July 31st...give me a break). I showed him I was an airline employee and after his refusal to let me speak to his manager about how rediculious all this was and threatening to sue them if I miss my flight because I look older than I am, (which who in their right mind makes a fake ID to make them look under 21?!) I started to get mad fast. He kept asking me why I would make a fake ID saying I was younger than I was, telling the truth got old fast, and I had nothing illegal on me so I started giving awnsers like "Because your mom's into older men" and "Your sister likes to pretend that I'm you". I knew I wouldn't be in trouble, as he seemed the whole time like he realised he pulled me aside for no reason and was digging a deeper and deeper hole and trying to avoid having his superiors find out. Of course, when the manager DID come, after a call from my buddy saying I was "out of control", I was released immediately, appologized too, they called the screener an idiot right infront of me, and I was given a ride to my gate, where I missed the flight to SFO and had to fly into SJC for a 45 minute drive home late at night. I was left alone in the room for about 15 minutes, but I couldn't find anything worthy of defecating into.

What a moron, I could have been lobbing cheesedogs at Tom Alfono in a nice LA resteraunt all that time. Though I will admit I look old enough that F/As offer me free drinks when I non-rev on UA, and in my ID picture(ask Jordan or Tommy), I miiiiiiiiiight have maybe tried to look like an immigrant, maybe. But still, BS.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vishal Jolapara View Post
                            I guess quite a few of you would've seen this shot as its currently the top of the hour shot on A.net
                            © Andrew Compolo

but, what i found weird was his remark,
                            "Pushback at the Tom Bradley International Terminal. Sure was glad to get this shot, because the next night my friend and I got a visit from 6 LAPD officers and were asked to leave this location."

^^^ what for ?

Same with your remark Chasen, just curious whats it all about ?
                            I ran into Andrew that Sat, nice guy btw. He wasn't sure what caused the uproar but said the police were professional and respectful. He thought he might have had his camera to close to the edge which in that case it can be seen from below, that might cause a stir.

Comment

Working...
                            X