Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera and Lenses

You may be thinking, Not again!!
    Anyway, I decided on getting a Canon Camera - 1000d (since my last post)

With that camera would it be better to get the:
    Camera w/ EF-S 18-55 IS F3.5-5.6 and EF 75-300 F4-5.6 III

or

Camera w/ Tamron 28-80 F3.5-5.6 and Tamron 70-300 F4-5.6 DI LD

I found that they come to the exact same price. The only negative is with the Tamron you don't get as wide a focal length (only 28mm) but you don't get a lens gap...

Cheers,
    ZK-TUI
    Note: I did not copy PMN, I am in fact obsessed with both (ask anyone who knows me and they would confirm that I talk constantly about these things

You wont really notice the gap between 55-75. Well, you'll notice it- but what Im saying is you wont miss it!

Id definently rather have the 18mm than the 28. 28 sucks for landscapes, even 18 isnt that wide but it will do.

Comment

Originally posted by ZK-TUI View Post
      With that camera would it be better to get the:
      Camera w/ EF-S 18-55 IS F3.5-5.6 and EF 75-300 F4-5.6 III
      Is this the 75-300 with USM?

In that case, go for it!!
      It is often described as the best non L- lens of the Canon telelens-range.

Freek

Comment

Originally posted by ZK-TUI View Post
        I decided on getting a Canon Camera - 1000d
        Wise choice.
        I tried that one out at a mall a while back & its a nice little camera with a very sweet shutter sound.

About the lenses, get the Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS & Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS
        I own the latter & for the price i paid for it - i couldnt ask for more, sure i'd like to have THE best lens but then i'll have to pay 'L' money for it as well, dosent go to say tht all the non-L lenses are crap, they're all fine.
        BTW, whats your budget ?
        Originally posted by wrxflyer View Post
        Is this the 75-300 with USM?

In that case, go for it!!
        It is often described as the best non L- lens of the Canon telelens-range.
        Mate, i think you might be confusing it with the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM which is often given that tag.

Cheers - Vishal

Comment

well, it aint the IS lens just the 75-300 mk III...
          I would like an IS lens but the kits don't come with them and my budget isn't that large due to numerous reasons. From what I hear the 75-300mm range are good starter lenses for the price you pay?? Hearing that is Tamron a better bet? Maybe the Tamron 70-300 instead of the Canon 75-300...?

This was the 75-300 lens that is included (I think. The 18-55 that is included is an IS unlike the 18-55 found in this auction)

This is the kit I'm looking at getting:
          Photowarehouse

or there's this one:
          Photowarehouse
          Whats the difference between the 90-300 and 75-300 (be in mind the non IS or USM versions).

Just ask if you need me to clear up what I just said (I can see it came out a burgle of ideas)
          Note: I did not copy PMN, I am in fact obsessed with both (ask anyone who knows me and they would confirm that I talk constantly about these things

Comment

90-300 is a very old lens. Ive herd its really quite bad, but not that it matters- If your a good enough photographer.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishal Jolapara View Post
              Mate, i think you might be confusing it with the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM which is often given that tag.

Cheers - Vishal
              You are right Vishal!

I have been mistaken.
              De 75-300 is the lens I've used in the last years, but the 70-300 IS USM is the one topicstarter has to go for.

Freek

Comment

Go with the Canon set up. Both lenses are tried and tested and plenty enough to get decent results on here.

Comment

Thanks everyone. That definitely helps.
                  I was thinking at first that the tamron lens would be a better buy than the canon 75-300 cause it's not IS or USM... But Canon I did read somewhere on these foums that that canon lens is actually quite decent for price.

Comment

Working...
                  X