Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SXM/TNCM 26th to 3 Jan.

Hey!

Will be on the beach at MAHO and the offer is open to anyone wanting Island info and story telling ops.

Look for the geezer with the NIKON kit.

Winter winds in force ( 20-30 knots will make for some interesting approaches )

BIZ jet and private AC traffic intense for New Year's at Barts.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all !

BIGDEN ( Denis McBriarty )

Is there anything to do in St. Barts besides bringing your camera? They go direct from SXM right?

Comment

Originally posted by Frick187 View Post
      Is there anything to do in St. Barts besides bringing your camera? They go direct from SXM right?
      Plenty to do at St Barts but take plenty of money to do it

Comment

Originally posted by jid View Post
        Plenty to do at St Barts but take plenty of money to do it

Don't I know it!!!

But it was a rather good restaurant.

Comment

SXM/TNCM 26th to 3 Jan.

Hey!

St. Bart's is a good day trip because you can get there early and leave late.

WINAIR from PJIA or AIR CARAIBES from Grande Case near Marigot on SXM.

Prices on these commuters are somewhat pricey so a boat ferry from SXM is recommended if you're on a budget. A large portion of the plane ticket is the departure tax, fuel tax etc.

We eat at the boulangeries ( bakerys) and pick up beer and soda at the grocery store to reduce costs.

The airport is a good shoot, but the most you'll get are Twotters, Islanders, 208-B's and other small planes. The illustrious Jimmy Buffet is sometimes seen coming and going in a Grand Caravan on floats/wheels.

The rich and famous come and go to their mega yachts anchored at Gustavia in various choppers.

St. Jean beach at runway's end is clothing optional as well as other beaches on Island. The water is warm and folks are friendly with French the language of the people, but many speak English as well.

Personally, I pick a day in the Summer as "high" season from Dec. 15th. to April 15th. is the most expensive period to visit.

The ride over on an Islander from WINAIR in the front seat is a hit. WINAIR will help you with picking a flight to accomodate if you have the time.

Only problem I have is that every time I've gone something more interesting has happened on MAHO while I'm in Bart's.

What you will remember from a day on Bart's are the differences from SXM, the powder sand beaches and the exceptional Caribbean scenery. Gustavia harbour is outstanding.

As y'all have said...bring $$$$ or pack a lunch.

( I would budget $300.00 pp for the day or 400 EURO if flying)

ENJOY and again...HAPPY HOLIDAYS !

BIGDEN

Comment

400 dollars for a day trip by air DenYou must eat well whilst in St Barth or maybe it is where you are eating
            Earlier this year I did a day trip by Air Caraibes for 102 euro which is around 142 dollars went to the supermarket opposite the terminal to stock up with water and food,a couple of drinks in the airport bar before the return all in I spent just over 170 dollars on the trip.
            Would advise to do the trip by air for the few extra dollars you get to experience two famous approaches.
            Thanks for the Christmas greetings Den(a little alarming when it features a shot gun)and best wishes to you and your family and all on JP.

Comment

SXM/TNCM 26th to 3 Jan.

Hey David!

You're right//my figures are wrong but I rent a car for the day. Better learn to convert accurately!

That was my trusty DAISY air rifle...don't be shocked!

All the best for 2009 and you're shot is still my background!

Denis

Comment

Working...
              X