Basic question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic question

This is kind of a basic question but every time I upload a pic from my computer to the internet and then download it from the internet again (in order to make the picture a JPEG pic so that jp will allow it to be screened) via photobucket or imageshack the quality is always worse after the download from the net than the original pic that was put on the comp right from the camera. I actually think this could be a reason why I get rejects and so it's a problem for me. What do I do? Thanks. If the question is too inspecific as to what cam i use or other things of that sort just say so.

Don't know if I understand your question well, but if I am right, you use to much steps indeed.
    First of all, get the pic from the camera into your computer and start some basic editing ( cropping, levelling, resizing and sharpening).
    Than save it on the computer in the highest possible setting.
    After that, you can upload your photo directly into the JP photoqueue , without uploading first to imageshack or whatever.

Hope this helps a bit.
    (*if I didn't understand your question well......please forget it)

Freek

Comment

Originally posted by wrxflyer View Post
      Don't know if I understand your question well, but if I am right, you use to much steps indeed.
      First of all, get the pic from the camera into your computer and start some basic editing ( cropping, levelling, resizing and sharpening).
      Than save it on the computer in the highest possible setting.
      Well it's not really that you don't understand....but about doing this editing on the computer straight from the camera and not on the net. I have no idea how to do that. All it does is I get the pic from the cam then it pops up as an easyshare pic. oh I JUST realized that the images are already JPEG formatted when they're on the computer, now I have no idea why I put em on the net! auggh you were right. Thanks.

Comment

For in the future, if you are shooting in RAW, don't forget to save it in JPEG

Comment

To explain the quality reduction when uploading to the net: When you upload a photo to the internet there is usually some sort of compression going on somewhere. For example, in order to try and keep file sizes down a bit, when you upload a photo to JP it goes through a minor compression process, which will ultimately reduce the quality if you download it and attempt to edit it.

Glad, you've just worked out that you don't need to upload it to make it a jpg. That's the first time i've ever heard that

You're camera will 90% (bar raw shooting) already will produce jpg shots. So just get it loaded into your editing prog straight from the camera and then edit it. Finally then upload it.

Comment

Generally speaking if you are using a point and shoot (P&S) camera getting photos into JP or A.net is almost impossible due to the poor quality. It sounds like you are using one of the Kodak P&S cameras, hence the Easyshare system.

Might be worth investing in even an entry level D-SLR.

Comment

Originally posted by NickN View Post
              Generally speaking if you are using a point and shoot (P&S) camera getting photos into JP or A.net is almost impossible due to the poor quality. It sounds like you are using one of the Kodak P&S cameras, hence the Easyshare system.

Might be worth investing in even an entry level D-SLR.

I'm using a digital canon powershot A560, a little digital cam i guess. I don't think its quality is bad at all I just think whenever I try editing the image the quality gets worse.

On my cam, my pics can be shot on widescreen mode (3072x2304), M1, M2, M3 (1600x1200), and small (640x480). I was wondering since small mode is alright for JP requirements, I was wondering if that's possible to just shoot images on small mode and not edit them before uploading them to JP if the shot already had good centering and such? Or would the quality be lower on small mode than on widescreen mode?

Comment

I was wondering if that's possible to just shoot images on small mode and not edit them before uploading them to JP if the shot already had good centering and such?
                NOOOOOO....!

Use the best resolution and edit.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                X