Photography At Manc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photography At Manc

As i have a gazillion Air Miles, my boy suggested we come up to Manc for a day to take some piccies.

My question is, how do you get from the terminal to nice position where everyone seems to take shots from?

Can I assume its a taxi job?
    Lee "Shaggy" Shand

PM for you.

Comment

How much to they want for the tax Lee? I looked at flying MAN-LHR on bmi miles and nearly had a heart attack when the guy told me how much the tax was. It's virtually the same price as just buying a ticket.

Comment

£135 James. Rip Off!!!

And Turbotracker is a star.
        Last edited by Shaggy; 2009-01-13, 07:36.
        Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggy View Post

Comment

Taxis are expensive that’s for sure.

You can get a bus from MAN to the Holday Inn (ex Valley Lodge), if you are really cheeky you can jump their courtesy bus. From there you can get to the 23L threshold, a nice 10 minutes uphill walk! From there - you can get to the muddy path location for shots after noon. Then a bus back. Of course depending when you are making your trip you may get some local assistance

Jid

Comment

Thanks Jid.

Not sure when i am coming up yet. Problem is I have been diagnosed with Bells Plasy (Wiki it) and my left face is paralyzed. When I try to take pictures i cant shut my left eye, makes it very difficult.
              Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

I keep both eyes open when I shoot so I would not see that as a bad thing, although having Bells Plasy is never going to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotraker View Post
                  Been offering you're services again mate?

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam View Post
                    Been offering you're services again mate?
                    Now that I am redundant , and that I spend most of my spare time waiting @MAN for the weather to improve, offered Shaggy some help. Have to force him to check out the culinary delights at the AVP .

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggy View Post
                      £135 James. Rip Off!!!

Ouch! I thought it'd be something crazy.

I tried going to the US on miles recently and the tax they wanted was more than a sale fare on BA...so I saved the miles and went on BA instead.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotraker View Post
                        Now that I am redundant , and that I spend most of my spare time waiting @MAN for the weather to improve, offered Shaggy some help. Have to force him to check out the culinary delights at the AVP .
                        It takes a brave man to eat from that place...

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam View Post
                          It takes a brave man to eat from that place...
                          It would take an even braver man to say that to his face...............

Comment

Still not sure when we will be up, The boy wants to go next week but i am not sure yet. I got an ear infection now with the Bells Plasy, so i dont wanna fly with that.
                            Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Working...
                            X