Martin Bernict - prescreening/Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Bernict - prescreening/Editing Advice

Good evening. I'm new here so I apologize if I'm doing something wrong but I tried to read the FAQ as concentrated as possible. I got seven photos rejected today, and every of them due to JPEG compression artefacts (but few of them were rejected for few more reasons + JPEG c.a.). I don't use Photoshop, I use Zoner Photostudio X instead. I always use the maximum possible compression level in Zoner but it looks like it's still not enough but I think the problem isn't in my editor but in the way I edit photos. So I'd like to ask if this photo is okay or there are also some compression artefacts and if there are, where they are? Of course if there are any other lacks
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Martin Bernict View Post
    Good evening. I'm new here so I apologize if I'm doing something wrong but I tried to read the FAQ as concentrated as possible. I got seven photos rejected today, and every of them due to JPEG compression artefacts (but few of them were rejected for few more reasons + JPEG c.a.). I don't use Photoshop, I use Zoner Photostudio X instead. I always use the maximum possible compression level in Zoner but it looks like it's still not enough but I think the problem isn't in my editor but in the way I edit photos. So I'd like to ask if this photo is okay or there are also some compression artefacts and if there are, where they are? Of course if there are any other lacks
    Slightly soft and some noise visible, but don't see any issues with compression on this one.

Comment

Hello, I'd like to ask for prescreening of this one. I can't decide if it counts as a night shot as it was taken 30 minutes after sunrise, shadows are long but the colours aren't orange or yellow so much. Thank you for your advice!
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I'd like to ask for prescreening of this one. I can't decide if it counts as a night shot as it was taken 30 minutes after sunrise, shadows are long but the colours aren't orange or yellow so much. Thank you for your advice!
        Yes Night Shot, but image would be rejected for dark and overprocessed (editing halos).

Comment

Dear screeners,

I was planespotting in Paris, CDG last year. I was at spot where I have never been before. Finally I got time to edit some pictures taken there and I struggle with horizont level. I was taught that first I should look for some vertical reference the closer to the middle of picture the better but when theres any then level by some horizontal reference (taxiway e.g.). There are a few vertical references (light poles) behind the plane but the poles are not straight. They are round so they couldnt be used as a really great reference. And so I am out of ideas by what to level pictures taken over there. Could you please have a brief look at these three pictures and advice me if the horizon is okay or what would you use as a reference?

Thank you very much for your time

Martin
          Attached Files

Comment

Dear screeners,

I was planespotting in Paris, CDG last year. I was at spot where I have never been before. Finally I got time to edit some pictures taken there and I struggle with horizont level. I was taught that first I should look for some vertical reference the closer to the middle of picture the better but when theres any then level by some horizontal reference (taxiway e.g.). There are a few vertical references (light poles) behind the plane but the poles are not straight. They are round so they couldnt be used as a really great reference. And so I am out of ideas by what to level pictures taken over there. Could you please have a brief look at these three pictures and advice me if the horizon is okay or what would you use as a reference?

Thank you very much for your time

Martin
            I can't see anything that tells me the horizon is really off on any of these.

Comment

Working...
            X