No announcement yet.

derizu - Prescreening/Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, could I please get a prescreen on these shots? On the two G650 shots I'm mainly concerned about the contrast. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by derizu View Post
      Hello, could I please get a prescreen on these shots? On the two G650 shots I'm mainly concerned about the contrast. Thanks in advance!
      Contrast would be an issue on all four; third also heat hazed.

Comment

Hello, submitted this photo initially and got a dark/underexposed and horizon rejection. I fixed the dark image, didn't see much wrong with the horizon but tweaked it. Second time around it was rejected for heat distortion which was completely unmentioned previously, and once again horizon unlevel. I asked someone for advice, they said it was fine. Appealed, rejected again. This time I leveled the horizon as best as I could, using every tool humanly imaginable, as well as exported a lower resolution to make the heat distortion less noticeable. Once again, rejected. Why? Horizon unlevel and heat distortion. The horizon is not unlevel, I don't know how it could be unlevel, the jetphotos tool shows it level. Photoshop showed it level. Lightroom showed it level. I took a ruler, it is level! What's going on?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello, submitted this photo initially and got a dark/underexposed and horizon rejection. I fixed the dark image, didn't see much wrong with the horizon but tweaked it. Second time around it was rejected for heat distortion which was completely unmentioned previously, and once again horizon unlevel. I asked someone for advice, they said it was fine. Appealed, rejected again. This time I leveled the horizon as best as I could, using every tool humanly imaginable, as well as exported a lower resolution to make the heat distortion less noticeable. Once again, rejected. Why? Horizon unlevel and heat distortion. The horizon is not unlevel, I don't know how it could be unlevel, the jetphotos tool shows it level. Photoshop showed it level. Lightroom showed it level. I took a ruler, it is level! What's going on?
          Images that have already been appealed will no longer be commented on by crew. In the future please ask for advice before appealing.

Comment

Hello, the attached image was rejected twice, both times including unlevel horizon. I leveled the horizon based off of the buildings on the right as the fence and other poles are not straight whatsoever. Based off this, I’m not really sure how the horizon isn’t level. Any help is much appreciated.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello, the attached image was rejected twice, both times including unlevel horizon. I leveled the horizon based off of the buildings on the right as the fence and other poles are not straight whatsoever. Based off this, I’m not really sure how the horizon isn’t level. Any help is much appreciated.
              Everything is leaning left = needs CW rotation.

Comment

Hello again, I added clockwise rotation and also tried leveling with the fence. Still rejected, so I tried taking the best average between all the vertical points of the image. Still rejected. I'm not sure I'll attempt uploading this image anymore, however, I am very very intrigued on how none of these have been a level horizon. It'd be nice to know which vertical point is "correct" - if I level with the buildings everything else leans left, if I level with the fence everything else leans right.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello again, I added clockwise rotation and also tried leveling with the fence. Still rejected, so I tried taking the best average between all the vertical points of the image. Still rejected. I'm not sure I'll attempt uploading this image anymore, however, I am very very intrigued on how none of these have been a level horizon. It'd be nice to know which vertical point is "correct" - if I level with the buildings everything else leans left, if I level with the fence everything else leans right.
                  Verticals in the center of the frame need to be level. Anything on the edges will be misleading due to barrel distortion, especially at wider angles like this. As such, this one looks like it needs a touch of CCW rotation.

Comment

Hello, wondering if the nose gear obstruction from the hill/grass is too much. Thanks in advance.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello, wondering if the nose gear obstruction from the hill/grass is too much.
                      Yes.

Comment

Working...
                      X