greatsharkiee - Prescreening Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greatsharkiee - Prescreening Advice

Hello all. I was wondering if I could get some advice on my photos before the screening.

Here is #1.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5037.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	702.4 KB
ID:	1132753

Number 2:

Name:	IMG_5167.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	821.0 KB
ID:	1132754

And The Final Picture:

Name:	IMG_4856.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	716.8 KB
ID:	1132755

Thank you for your feedback!

Ian

Hi Ian, first of all, nice shots! I am not a screener, so take my suggestions with a grain of salt. Here is what I think they would say probably:

1. Distance (its not a tight enough crop)
    2. Distance also I think.
    3. Backlit and also needs to be rotated, probably clockwise.

​​​​​​​Take care.

Comment

Originally posted by greatsharkiee View Post
      Hello all. I was wondering if I could get some advice on my photos before the screening.
      Hi, these would be rejected:

1. too far, soft/blurry, centering
      2. soft, horizon, centering
      3. backlit, soft, horizon, noise.

Only #2 might be fixable.

Comment

Originally posted by greatsharkiee
        Howdy All. Was wondering if you guys would be able to prescreen my photos. If anything is wrong with them, would you mind including how to fix the issue? I am still new, so any help is greatly appreciated.
        Hi, please read here carefully when you get the chance, especially #6:

Prescreening is not offered for unedited images, or images that can not actually be uploaded due to their size.

Comment

Originally posted by greatsharkiee
          Hi all. Been a while. Wondering if you guys have any tips for this photo and if it is good to upload to JP.
          Hi,

This image is quite soft.

Comment

Well even though it I clicked delete on this topic and showed that this was deleted apparently not, here are photos I would like prescreen.

Name:	JetPhotos Final Delta BCRF N845MH May 14 2023.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	852.9 KB
ID:	1160750Click image for larger version

Name:	JetPhotos Final United N27258 April 8 2023.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	892.1 KB
ID:	1160751

Comment

Well even though it I clicked delete on this topic and showed that this was deleted apparently not, here are photos I would like prescreen.
              1. horizon, contrast, borderline soft
              2. contrast, borderline heat haze/soft

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. horizon, contrast, borderline soft
                2. contrast, borderline heat haze/soft
                I have had problems with this is the past, particularly with not having sharp enough photos. Do you have any ways to fix this? I am wondering if its my camera gear, as I have a Canon T5i and a kit 55-250 lens. I've talked with somebody who is a regular on JP to try and fix (Elise Van De Putte). She's given me advice such as trying to use a aperture that works with my camera (7.1 I think, not sure), and I have tried shooting with a shutter speed of around 1/2000, but to no avail. Do you have any recommendations for trying to get sharp enough images?

Thanks

Comment

I have had problems with this is the past, particularly with not having sharp enough photos. Do you have any ways to fix this? I am wondering if its my camera gear, as I have a Canon T5i and a kit 55-250 lens. I've talked with somebody who is a regular on JP to try and fix (Elise Van De Putte). She's given me advice such as trying to use a aperture that works with my camera (7.1 I think, not sure), and I have tried shooting with a shutter speed of around 1/2000, but to no avail. Do you have any recommendations for trying to get sharp enough images?

Thanks
                  Honestly, and without trying to be blunt, maybe you should try to learn the basics of photography so that you can understand the relationship between aperture/shutter speed/ISO/etc. and how one affects the others and may or may not lead to sharper images (or other differences in quality). Telling you to use a certain aperture might be reasonable advice, but if you don't understand why, then it's not likely to help in the long term.

Sharpness can be affected by many different factors, from settings, quality of the gear, conditions, to editing, etc. Without knowing exactly everything that's gone into producing an image, we can only speculate as to why it may or may not be sharp - though settings are usually the least likely culprit.

Comment

Working...
                  X