Matthias Klassen - Prescreening Request / Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matthias Klassen View Post

Hi! I'd like to clarify this point. Are we allowed to post 1 cabin shot + 1 cockpit shot + 1 window view per flight or only 1 in ALL categories combined (so only 1 photo in total per flight)? Thank you!
    One of each should be fine.

Comment

• Hello, Happy New Year! I'd like to get these photos pre-screened please, thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Edited23-2.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	670.7 KB
ID:	1177375Click image for larger version

Name:	Edited45-1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	515.7 KB
ID:	1177376Click image for larger version

Name:	Edited47B.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	888.8 KB
ID:	1177377Click image for larger version

Name:	Edited51.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	965.5 KB
ID:	1177378Click image for larger version

Name:	Edited46B.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	1,015.4 KB
ID:	1177379

Comment

Hello, Happy New Year! I'd like to get these photos pre-screened please, thank you!
        1-2. weak contrast
        3. weak contrast, overexposed
        4-5. backlit

Comment

• Hi! I would like pre-screening on these pictures please, thank you!

Name:	Copie de Edited2-1.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	1177531Click image for larger version

Name:	Copie de Edited6-1.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	726.9 KB
ID:	1177530Click image for larger version

Name:	Copie de Edited1B.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	497.4 KB
ID:	1177529Click image for larger version

Name:	Copie de Edited3-1.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	402.3 KB
ID:	1177528Click image for larger version

Name:	Copie de Edited5-1.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	407.1 KB
ID:	1177527

Comment

Hi! I would like pre-screening on these pictures please, thank you!

Name:	Copie de Edited2-1.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	1177531Click image for larger version

Name:	Copie de Edited6-1.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	726.9 KB
ID:	1177530Click image for larger version

Name:	Copie de Edited1B.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	497.4 KB
ID:	1177529Click image for larger version

Name:	Copie de Edited3-1.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	402.3 KB
ID:	1177528Click image for larger version

Name:	Copie de Edited5-1.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	407.1 KB
ID:	1177527
            Hello there,

1. tad dark, otherwise okay. wing view category needed
            2. soft, noise/grain
            3. should be OK
            4. lacking dark tones (too little contrast), tad soft
            5. double check for dust please, otherwise OK

Have a good day!
            Best Regards from Germany,
            Julian S.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthias Klassen

Hello! Any chance for pre-screening on the pictures above please? Thanks!
              No, I'll be passing on offering any advice for the time being. In the last batch I suggest some might be rejected but you submitted them anyway and appealed when they were unsurprisingly rejected. Not much point in offering advice if it won't be taken seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

No, I'll be passing on offering any advice for the time being. In the last batch I suggest some might be rejected but you submitted them anyway and appealed when they were unsurprisingly rejected. Not much point in offering advice if it won't be taken seriously.
                Hello, I hope this message finds you well. I very much apologize for the inconvenience caused by this. I would like to explain some of my actions and hopefully clarify the situation. When asking for pre-screening, I now only do so for pictures which I am uncertain about and leave my "confident" shots away from the process, which I know is only possible by the use of your and other screener's extra free time. I am very thankful for that and always do my best to have pleasant and polite interactions with the team. I always read carefully and understand your pre-screening advice but also consider how borderline the photo is in general. In the case of a negative return, I might still upload the photo to the queue, occasionally to other screening websites as well, to obtain different opinions on its acceptability. We are all human and I believe it is normal for us to see things differently. Then, I must admit that I have already extended this ideology by having a final decision made by a senior screener in case of a first JetPhotos rejection. However, I understand why this is an issue and can be considered an abuse of the appeal process. I am now completely willing to only use this feature for unique and rare occasions that only concern photos which have not been pre-screened on this forum beforehand. Please let me know if you believe any other of my actions and ways of proceeding should be changed or removed. I would love to continue working with you and this excellent community which I strongly want to contribute to and belong to. I hope you will consider my message and potentially be re-opened to pre-screening at some point in time. Once again thank you to you and the team, and I wish you a wonderful day.

Comment

Hello, I hope this message finds you well. I very much apologize for the inconvenience caused by this. I would like to explain some of my actions and hopefully clarify the situation. When asking for pre-screening, I now only do so for pictures which I am uncertain about and leave my "confident" shots away from the process, which I know is only possible by the use of your and other screener's extra free time. I am very thankful for that and always do my best to have pleasant and polite interactions with the team. I always read carefully and understand your pre-screening advice but also consider how borderline the photo is in general. In the case of a negative return, I might still upload the photo to the queue, occasionally to other screening websites as well, to obtain different opinions on its acceptability. We are all human and I believe it is normal for us to see things differently. Then, I must admit that I have already extended this ideology by having a final decision made by a senior screener in case of a first JetPhotos rejection. However, I understand why this is an issue and can be considered an abuse of the appeal process. I am now completely willing to only use this feature for unique and rare occasions that only concern photos which have not been pre-screened on this forum beforehand. Please let me know if you believe any other of my actions and ways of proceeding should be changed or removed. I would love to continue working with you and this excellent community which I strongly want to contribute to and belong to. I hope you will consider my message and potentially be re-opened to pre-screening at some point in time. Once again thank you to you and the team, and I wish you a wonderful day.
                  It's not an abuse of the appeal system, it's there for when you don't agree, so feel free to use it. Just a waste of my (our) time if advice is ignored (through multiple steps in the process).

No one is under any obligation to follow the advice given, but you shouldn't expect to continue receiving it if you decide not to follow it.

Comment

It's not an abuse of the appeal system, it's there for when you don't agree, so feel free to use it. Just a waste of my (our) time if advice is ignored (through multiple steps in the process).

No one is under any obligation to follow the advice given, but you shouldn't expect to continue receiving it if you decide not to follow it.
                    I understand, thank you for your answer. I am now willing to not upload future pre-screened pictures that receive a full negative return (which would exclude pictures judged borderline) into the queue to fully use and respect your advice. This would be unless I edit and adjust the picture accordingly to make it acceptable by myself. I will also try to ask more precise questions about uncertainties in the editing of the pictures so we can make this process more efficient if you are open to this idea. Thank you!

Comment

I understand, thank you for your answer. I am now willing to not upload future pre-screened pictures that receive a full negative return (which would exclude pictures judged borderline) into the queue to fully use and respect your advice. This would be unless I edit and adjust the picture accordingly to make it acceptable by myself. I will also try to ask more precise questions about uncertainties in the editing of the pictures so we can make this process more efficient if you are open to this idea. Thank you!
                      You can post anything you like for prescreening, there is no limitation placed on who can answer.

Comment

You can post anything you like for prescreening, there is no limitation placed on who can answer.
                        Thank you very much, I appreciate this. Here are some images I hope you can help me with.

Specific concerns:

1. Vignetting (shot through fence), heat haze
                        2. Softness

Name:	Edited9.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	540.9 KB
ID:	1181423Click image for larger version

Name:	Edited58.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	310.7 KB
ID:	1181422

Comment

• 1-vignetting, a bit soft
                          2- nearly backlit (for me), soft/blurry towards the nose
                          Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                          If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                          ——————————————————————————

Comment

• Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post
                            1-vignetting, a bit soft
                            2- nearly backlit (for me), soft/blurry towards the nose
                            Thank you!

Comment

• Hi! I would like to know if these two pictures are considered similar. Thank you!

C-GGND. Bombardier Dash 8-Q402. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Name:	Edited34.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	878.9 KB
ID:	1188211

Comment

Hi! I would like to know if these two pictures are considered similar. Thank you!

C-GGND. Bombardier Dash 8-Q402. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Name:	Edited34.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	878.9 KB
ID:	1188211
                                Not imo (two angles/stages of flight)
                                Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                                If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                                ——————————————————————————

Comment

Working...
                                X