Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathan L - Prescreening Request

Hi,
    Recently I have rejoined back to JP after a while and after uploading realizing all of my images have been rejected due to unsharpened/soft. Which I am pretty surprised since I have been using the same photo processing as long as I could remember (depending on the situation and image) and I had never had as much unsharpened issues as before. I have been using a Nikon D3200 with the 70-300mm AF-s lens for a while, which realistically the camera is outdated and I haven't upgraded my gear due to the high prices of today's cameras. I have checked all of my settings in Lightroom classic, camera settings and still could not find the issue. I uploaded few images few times in different pixels but still it is rejected, no matter how much I had re-edited the images. Is there any way this could be improved or upgrading gear is the only option? Many Thanks. Below are the images which I think it could be reconsidered.
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Hello,

for me all borderline cases - but they can indeed profit from more sharpening.

Have a good day.
    Best Regards from Germany,
    Julian S.​

Comment

They are all correct decisions IMO. I think Julian was being quite diplomatic but they all appear very soft. The greatest softness appears at the edges of the photos, which is possibly a lens characteristic. If you have changed your monitor or are uploading at a different size, then I think you need to re-visit your editing process.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll sure have a look into it more to see how to fix the issue.

Comment

Working...
        X