Rejections Advice - McG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejections Advice - McG

I haven't uploaded in a few years and could do with some advice on rejected shots:

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10942739 Air Transat A321-Neo Overprocessed

This is the image I could do with most advice on. I'm not really sure where to begin with a re-edit.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10942762 Qantas A330 Vignetting

I cannot see a vignette on my screen. Can someone point this out to me so I can look to correct it?

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10942768 ITA A350 Part of Aircraft Cut Off

Rear 3/4 on crop to show the aircraft climbing out. The only additional cropping I can do is to crop closer to the tail. Would this be acceptable?

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued...al-large-photo Emirates 777-300 Part of Aircraft Cut Off / Bad Composition

I plan to reupload this shot cropped tighter to the right hand engine, which should balance the image out.

Regards,

Mark

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10942806 Buzz 737 Max 8-200 Part of Aircraft Cut off

Does this need to be cropped tighter?

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10942779 Lufthansa 747-800 Bad Composition

Deliberately shot like this to show the whole of the tower in the background with the aircraft at the bottom of the frame. Should I have mentioned this in comment to screeners?
    Is it worth appealing as there are similar types of composition on the database?

Regards,

Mark

Comment

Such links don't work anymore.
      You need to uplaod them as attachments

Comment

Thanks.

I’ll get them added over the next day or so.

Comment

Originally posted by McG View Post
          Thanks.

I’ll get them added over the next day or so.
          ...meanwhile, having a look at equalised renderings of your captures will probably reveal vingetting and halos that indicate of over-processing. I use the shareware "The GIMP" to view an equalised rendering. The site now has a dust-off button on the upload page which will also give you a powerful equalised view.

HTH.
          --
          David dubya Wilson

Comment

I haven't uploaded in a few years and could do with some advice on rejected shots:

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10942739 Air Transat A321-Neo Overprocessed

This is the image I could do with most advice on. I'm not really sure where to begin with a re-edit.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10942762 Qantas A330 Vignetting

I cannot see a vignette on my screen. Can someone point this out to me so I can look to correct it?

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10942768 ITA A350 Part of Aircraft Cut Off

Rear 3/4 on crop to show the aircraft climbing out. The only additional cropping I can do is to crop closer to the tail. Would this be acceptable?

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued...al-large-photo Emirates 777-300 Part of Aircraft Cut Off / Bad Composition

I plan to reupload this shot cropped tighter to the right hand engine, which should balance the image out.

Regards,

Mark
            Images will either need to be cropped tighter, or have the whole wing left in. Processing issues seem caused by poor vignetting corrections.

Comment

Thanks All,

Click image for larger version  Name:	LH748.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	1158469
              LH748 Shot - Yes it's off center, but that's to have the full tower in the background. I did not mention this as a note to screeners when uploading.
              Is it worth appealing as there are similar off centre compositions in DB.

The others I should be able to resolve.
              Last edited by McG; 2023-04-13, 19:10.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	TS Edit 2a.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	706.2 KB
ID:	1159688Click image for larger version

Name:	TS Edit 2.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	965.8 KB
ID:	1159686Click image for larger version

Name:	QF Edit 2A.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	835.6 KB
ID:	1159685Click image for larger version

Name:	QF330 Edit 2.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	1159687

So I had these 2 rejected again for Vignetting.
                Both were taken on a Canon R6 with a 500 F4L IS v1.

They were edited in LR with the lens corrections applied - there is not a profile for the Canon 500 F4L IS v1, so I use the 500 F4L IS v2 profile as this is the nearest.

I have tried all sorts of different tweaks to how I've edited them, with and without the lens correction profile applied and getting nowhere.

Can someone offer me some editing tips beyond these please as I have a batch of shots from the day at Haneda that may be suffering from the same issue?
                Attached Files

Comment

So I had these 2 rejected again for Vignetting.
                  Both were taken on a Canon R6 with a 500 F4L IS v1.

They were edited in LR with the lens corrections applied - there is not a profile for the Canon 500 F4L IS v1, so I use the 500 F4L IS v2 profile as this is the nearest.

I have tried all sorts of different tweaks to how I've edited them, with and without the lens correction profile applied and getting nowhere.

Can someone offer me some editing tips beyond these please as I have a batch of shots from the day at Haneda that may be suffering from the same issue?
                  If you're unable to resolve it with the software, vignetting can be very difficult to remove without it being noticeable. Tighter crops might help reduce the amount of the frame that needs correction.

Comment

I get very similar vingeting using the Nikkor 500mm PF 5.6 lens. I put this down to the phase fresnet build which is similar to lighthouse lens construction. The times I don't get this is when there is cloud between the aircraft and outer space. I notice the non-HND (Canada?) sample here loses the vingetting where the hill is in the background. I wonder if the lens you mention has similar build properties. Perhaps you should get Fuji in the background next time you are at HND
                    --
                    David dubya Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Aldgyte View Post
                      I get very similar vingeting using the Nikkor 500mm PF 5.6 lens. I put this down to the phase fresnet build which is similar to lighthouse lens construction. The times I don't get this is when there is cloud between the aircraft and outer space. I notice the non-HND (Canada?) sample here loses the vingetting where the hill is in the background. I wonder if the lens you mention has similar build properties. Perhaps you should get Fuji in the background next time you are at HND
                      I get the same problem with my 600 dollar AF-P 70-300 4.5 ED VR as well. Looks like the expensive ones have this problem. You can try to tune it bit by bit; it would be pretty painful...

Comment

Thanks for the replies on the vignetting.

Next question relates to 2 of my most recent rejections.

Both are of the same Emirates 777 and taken a few days apart. One is a tight crop, front 3/4 on with the aircraft around 50ft just after take off. This photo was rejected for undersharpened.
                        The other is a wider crop showing the whole aircraft (wing tip to wing tip) at the point of rotation from the same angle but a different day. This was rejected for similar upload with the comment similar in queue from the screener.

If I appeal the second shot, would it likely be accepted given the first was rejected, or am I better re-uploading the 2 photos at different times.

Comment

Thanks for the replies on the vignetting.

Next question relates to 2 of my most recent rejections.

Both are of the same Emirates 777 and taken a few days apart. One is a tight crop, front 3/4 on with the aircraft around 50ft just after take off. This photo was rejected for undersharpened.
                          The other is a wider crop showing the whole aircraft (wing tip to wing tip) at the point of rotation from the same angle but a different day. This was rejected for similar upload with the comment similar in queue from the screener.

If I appeal the second shot, would it likely be accepted given the first was rejected, or am I better re-uploading the 2 photos at different times.

First shot will be rejected for similar without further screening

The image rejected for similar did not receive any other screening (i.e. other flaws may be present). Furthermore, appeals for images rejected for having a similar in the queue are almost always rejected for the same reason. On the screening page there is a link to any other images you have of the same reg. either in the queue, or already accepted, so re-uploading at 'different times' will do nothing to resolve your issue.

If you think the one rejected for soft wasn't, appeal that one. Otherwise, please pick one of the two images, and re-submit to the queue.

Comment

Had this photo rejected for Contrast & Bad Colour.
                            Do I need more or less contrast? More or less saturation? Is there a colour cast?

Comment

Had this photo rejected for Contrast & Bad Colour.
                              Do I need more or less contrast? More or less saturation? Is there a colour cast?
                              Poor/weak contrast due to overcast conditions. Slight blue tint.

In the future, please post the actual image that was rejected.

Comment

Working...
                              X