Cta Spotter: Pre Screening/Editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cta Spotter: Pre Screening/Editing advice

Hello, I would like someone to pre screen this for me, appreciating anything that can help me get better shots/post processing
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Cta Spotter View Post
    Hello, I would like someone to pre screen this for me, appreciating anything that can help me get better shots/post processing
    Image is dark, soft, and slightly overprocessed (light editing halos). A better edit might improve its chances.

Comment

Just got this rejection, and i completely understand the reason (Dark/Unexposed).
      JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I found the problem at ten days into the queue and fixed the exposure, but didn't upload it. Now that I've discovered the usefulness of the forum i'd like to know if like this the photo could be accepted. Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20230426_002759.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	874.2 KB
ID:	1159285

Comment

Just got this rejection, and i completely understand the reason (Dark/Unexposed).
        JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I found the problem at ten days into the queue and fixed the exposure, but didn't upload it. Now that I've discovered the usefulness of the forum i'd like to know if like this the photo could be accepted.
        Hi, I'm not a screener but the photo looks a little oversharpened to me.

Comment

I found the problem at ten days into the queue and fixed the exposure, but didn't upload it. Now that I've discovered the usefulness of the forum i'd like to know if like this the photo could be accepted.
          Would be ok for me.

Comment

Hello again, I'm seeking advice on this photo. I recently deleted the darker photo from the queue and fixed it by adding a little more lighting to it, but I'm still unsure if it actually could be accepted because of the angle it was shot at. Thanks in advance!
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello again, I'm seeking advice on this photo. I recently deleted the darker photo from the queue and fixed it by adding a little more lighting to it, but I'm still unsure if it actually could be accepted because of the angle it was shot at. Thanks in advance!
              Would be rejected for soft/noisy/contrast.

Comment

Hello again, I'm really starting to understand the difference between good and bad photos. But I still have some doubts about this one. I saved the image from being noisy and with low contrast (as I think), but the plane seems still to be kind of dark. Wondering if it would be ok. Thanks in advance again! Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20230708_002829.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	410.9 KB
ID:	1164777

Comment

Hello again, I'm really starting to understand the difference between good and bad photos. But I still have some doubts about this one. I saved the image from being noisy and with low contrast (as I think), but the plane seems still to be kind of dark. Wondering if it would be ok. Thanks in advance again! Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20230708_002829.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	410.9 KB
ID:	1164777
                  Hi, not screener, but photo is backlit and can’t be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Roberts View Post

Hi, not screener, but photo is backlit and can’t be fixed.
                    Hey, thanks for the help. Thought it wasn't backlit cuz when I shot it the sun was still behind me, but there were clouds.

Comment

Hello again, I'm really starting to understand the difference between good and bad photos. But I still have some doubts about this one. I saved the image from being noisy and with low contrast (as I think), but the plane seems still to be kind of dark. Wondering if it would be ok. Thanks in advance again! Click image for larger version  Name:	PSX_20230708_002829.jpg Views:	0 Size:	410.9 KB ID:	1164777
                      Hi, it appears the tail is casting a shadow on the fuselage of the plane, making the photo backlit. Sorry.

Comment

Hello again, recently went spotting and tried some new techniques, so got way more decent photos (or at least I think so). Seeking advice on these photos. Thanks to anyone that can help!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20230713_020905.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	539.2 KB
ID:	1165209Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20230713_020137.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	501.5 KB
ID:	1165210Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20230712_131850.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	524.7 KB
ID:	1165211

Comment

Hello again, recently went spotting and tried some new techniques, so got way more decent photos (or at least I think so). Seeking advice on these photos.
                          Soft, noisy, overexposed, harsh contrast.

Comment

Hey, I've been trying to understand how much sharpening I need to get for the image to not look soft (my last one out of three rejections was because of it) and how much sharpening is too much (oversharpen was the reason for the other two rejections).
                            Hope you can explain that, and maybe refer to this image to give a practical example. Thanks.
                            P.s. I would like that this image that I'm referring to would be pre screened, not only used as an example. Click image for larger version  Name:	PSX_20230714_143753.jpg Views:	0 Size:	356.2 KB ID:	1165371

Comment

Hey, I've been trying to understand how much sharpening I need to get for the image to not look soft (my last one out of three rejections was because of it) and how much sharpening is too much (oversharpen was the reason for the other two rejections).
                              Hope you can explain that, and maybe refer to this image to give a practical example. Thanks.
                              P.s. I would like that this image that I'm referring to would be pre screened, not only used as an example.
                              This is very soft, looks like due to a lot of noise reduction or other processing being applied.

Comment

Working...
                              X