StanleyJH - Prescreening Request / Editing Advices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanley JH View Post
    Hey there, been shooting with my Sony 200-600mm for a couple of months already. From these past few weeks I just realized that there are vignettes on four corners. Tried to recover it in ediitng software but sometimes have white rings when equalized the image. Shot at different apertures and it reduced only slightly at F9 and F10. Any comments or advices to start preventing these annoying vignettes for JetPhotos?
    Smaller aperture usually gets rid of vignetting, as does avoiding the wide and long ends of the zoom.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07732.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	952.9 KB
ID:	1164608
      Hey there, I've equalized one of my images that I took yesterday. Is there vignetting here and can it be prevented by increasing the vignetting amount in Adobe LightroomClassic? Thanks very much.

Comment

Hey there, I've equalized one of my images that I took yesterday. Is there vignetting here and can it be prevented by increasing the vignetting amount in Adobe LightroomClassic? Thanks very much.
        There is a significant amount of vignetting visible, as well as horizontal compression of the image. It is very unlikely you could fix this with editing without leaving the image overprocessed.

Comment

• U mean the image is tight?

Comment

U mean the image is tight?
            I don't know what that means, but the has been compressed horizontally while maintaining its vertical aspect.

Comment

• Oh, can the vignetting be fixed too?

Comment

Oh, can the vignetting be fixed too?
                ->

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                It is very unlikely you could fix this with editing without leaving the image overprocessed.

Comment

• So next time shooting with a more large aperture mumber?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image (2).jpg
Views:	53
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	1164662
                    This I shoot at F11. Is this considered as vignetting or is it just the sky after I equalized the image? Thanks. And should I increase the aperture number here?

Comment

This I shoot at F11. Is this considered as vignetting or is it just the sky after I equalized the image? Thanks. And should I increase the aperture number here?
                      That's vignetting, else the darkness wouldn't just be in the corners. It's accentuated by the equalization, certainly. Even with a stopped-down aperture, you can still get vignetting, especially on a full frame or at the long/short end of a zoom. Stopping down even more would likely affect the quality in other ways.

Comment

• So what can I do to prevent it?

Comment

So what can I do to prevent it?
                          avoid

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                          on a full frame or at the long/short end of a zoom.

Comment

• So if my lens is a 200-600mm focal length, does it mean that the safe zone of the focal length to use to avoid vignetting is around 300-500mm?

Comment

• Asides from avoiding the shortest and longest number of the focal length in the zoom lens, what aperture should I keep it on? Like the previous one or decrease the aperture number?

Comment

Asides from avoiding the shortest and longest number of the focal length in the zoom lens, what aperture should I keep it on? Like the previous one or decrease the aperture number?
                                Why don't you test the lens yourself to see which settings produce the least vignetting?

Comment

Working...
                                X