No announcement yet.

Kilo Whiskey Photography - prescreening request / editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there, I'm looking for a prescreening for this photograph, please (Also, is 1024x960 format suitable? I feel it makes the image quite blurry) Click image for larger version  Name:	31.08.23 EGPD G-EMEH 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	384.1 KB ID:	1168884

Comment

Originally posted by Kilo Whiskey Photo View Post
      Hi there, I'm looking for a prescreening for this photograph, please
      Backlit, soft, color, compression.

Comment

Prescreening, please

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090342_01.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	560.2 KB
ID:	1172749
        Attached Files

Comment

Prescreening, please
          Hello, please read here carefully when you get the chance, especially #6:

As there seem to be some unwritten rules that are missed by newer users, here are a few suggestions for when you would like editing advice/prescreening from the crew: If asking for prescreening/editing advice, please title your thread "(username) - prescreening request / editing advice" Prescreening is offered

There is no prescreening for images that cannot be uploaded.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Hello, please read here carefully when you get the chance, especially #6:

As there seem to be some unwritten rules that are missed by newer users, here are a few suggestions for when you would like editing advice/prescreening from the crew: If asking for prescreening/editing advice, please title your thread "(username) - prescreening request / editing advice" Prescreening is offered

There is no prescreening for images that cannot be uploaded.
            My apologies... try this image please Click image for larger version

Name:	23.07.23 EGPD G-EUPO.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	739.0 KB
ID:	1172780

Comment

My apologies... try this image please
              This would be rejected for soft, color, noisy, and overprocessed.

Comment

Hi there, after more experimentation with new software, can I get a prescreening, please? Thanks Click image for larger version

Name:	16.09.23 EGPD PH-EZM 1280x960.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	485.9 KB
ID:	1177588Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090342 (G-EUPO) 1280x960.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	433.4 KB
ID:	1177589

Comment

Both are quite blurry
                  Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                  If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                  ——————————————————————————

Comment

Hi there, after more experimentation with new software, can I get a prescreening, please? Thanks
                    The quality on both of these is very poor. Don't think there is any chance of acceptance.

Comment

So, the quality of my images appears to be an ongoing problem - I apologise for my ignorance as I haven't got much experience... when I put my images into 1280x960 format, that compresses the image, therefore losing quality. The images from the start are not the best quality as my camera/lens isn't amazing but I feel the quality drops more with the resizing. I apply sharpening and denoising but still do not fully understand what they do/how to refine the settings. I would really appreciate any help I could get with this.

Comment

So, the quality of my images appears to be an ongoing problem - I apologise for my ignorance as I haven't got much experience... when I put my images into 1280x960 format, that compresses the image, therefore losing quality. The images from the start are not the best quality as my camera/lens isn't amazing but I feel the quality drops more with the resizing. I apply sharpening and denoising but still do not fully understand what they do/how to refine the settings. I would really appreciate any help I could get with this.
                        Hello,

main issue here is not the editing.
                        It seems you are taking the image with a high ISO, high f-Number and slow shutter.
                        High ISO causing grain in the image because the sensor is more sensitive to light. ISO 100 for daylight is the best choice
                        High f-Numbers are the result of high ISO to reduce the light falling onto the sensor. Also due to the high f-Numbers the Images could get soft especially when using kit lenses or cheap lenses. F7.1 or F8 for daylight is fine.
                        Slow shutters creating nice effects for moving parts or pannings but you need a steady movement and this is mostly tricky for new photographers. A good rule of a thumb for beginners is the focal lenght equal to the shutter to get sharp images. E.g. 100mm focal length = minimum shutterspeed of1/100sec; focal length of 300mm = minimum 1/300 and so on. Also move with the moving object and keep it centered.

There are so much great videos on the known platforms to learn more about the settings. You can create great photos if you know what each setting is doing.
                        Also try to shoot with the sun in your back so the light is falling on the side of the aircraft which you are taking a photo from.

I hope this will help you a bit.
                        Let us know if you have any questions - there are always users who are willing to help.

Have a good day
                        Best Regards from Germany,
                        Julian S.​

Comment

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post

Hello,

main issue here is not the editing.
                          It seems you are taking the image with a high ISO, high f-Number and slow shutter.
                          High ISO causing grain in the image because the sensor is more sensitive to light. ISO 100 for daylight is the best choice
                          High f-Numbers are the result of high ISO to reduce the light falling onto the sensor. Also due to the high f-Numbers the Images could get soft especially when using kit lenses or cheap lenses. F7.1 or F8 for daylight is fine.
                          Slow shutters creating nice effects for moving parts or pannings but you need a steady movement and this is mostly tricky for new photographers. A good rule of a thumb for beginners is the focal lenght equal to the shutter to get sharp images. E.g. 100mm focal length = minimum shutterspeed of1/100sec; focal length of 300mm = minimum 1/300 and so on. Also move with the moving object and keep it centered.

There are so much great videos on the known platforms to learn more about the settings. You can create great photos if you know what each setting is doing.
                          Also try to shoot with the sun in your back so the light is falling on the side of the aircraft which you are taking a photo from.

I hope this will help you a bit.
                          Let us know if you have any questions - there are always users who are willing to help.

Have a good day
                          Thank you very much for that explanation - that's very helpful. That all makes sense in theory... my lens is manual focus, I set the aperture to around f/8 and at 400mm (full frame equivalent) my shutter speed is always over 1/400 - I allow my camera to adjust shutter speed for exposure so it varies - ISO has to be 200 for this to work I find. Even with ISO at 200, I find images very grainy - that and the focus not being as tight as it could be, due to my error. Does this seem reasonable and what should I do to combat this?

Comment

Working...
                          X