Asking for editing advice / prescreening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking for editing advice / prescreening

Can someone actually give me advice on how to get photos accepted. Every time I upload I get the same excuse, soft photo. I’ve been looking everywhere and no one has given a single response on how to make it sharper. I used Lightroom, export the photo 1280px and 100%. Have a canon 80d and sigma 100-400 lens. The photo is sharper before I export it.

Originally posted by Justinkocsis View Post
    Can someone actually give me advice on how to get photos accepted. Every time I upload I get the same excuse, soft photo. I’ve been looking everywhere and no one has given a single response on how to make it sharper. I used Lightroom, export the photo 1280px and 100%. Have a canon 80d and sigma 100-400 lens. The photo is sharper before I export it.
    Hey there! I don't have that much experience, but I also have Adobe Lightroom and I simply use the sharpening tool (usually in a range from 80 to 125) which should be sufficient. I also avoid pushing the whites down/blacks up too much (usually not less than -70/+70) because this seems to soften the image. Finally, I'm also careful when shooting photos with my Nikon D3200 and my 70-300mm lens: VR is always off (can soften the image I believe) and photo files are always in RAW. Once again, it would be great for you to seek help from people with more knowledge than me, but hopefully, this can still help. Good luck!

Comment

Perhaps you could post some example(s)? As this is your first post, "no one has given a single response" can't really be true now can it

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	33.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	295.0 KB
ID:	1164456

Comment

Mind you this is after I have exported it off of LR. I use the sharping tool, to about 80 so it doesn't grain out the photo. The issue is the quality after i export it. The photo below this will be the photo exported with the highest resolution. One on top of this post is the one exported after I make the pixel size 1280

Comment

Name:	3333.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	608.9 KB
ID:	1164459

Comment

Mind you this is after I have exported it off of LR. I use the sharping tool, to about 80 so it doesn't grain out the photo. The issue is the quality after i export it. The photo below this will be the photo exported with the highest resolution. One on top of this post is the one exported after I make the pixel size 1280
              Both are very soft. It seems the problem is the quality before you export it. If you start with a poor quality image, editing/re-sizing can do little to hide the flaws

Comment

For me, it would either be an issue regarding photo quality like dlowwa said, perhaps due to bad focus, or the way you export your photo on Lightroom. Make sure to have your quality level to 100%, the output sharpening set to Screen and the amount set to High. Also, I'd recommend setting the resolution to 1280 directly in the Lightroom export menu and not via another application if you aren't already doing so, since this does seem to slightly reduce the image quality as well. Finally, while editing your photo, I would make sure the noise reduction level is not set too high (usually at 30 for me, never above 50). Hopefully, this helps!

Comment

I’ve been getting a ton of rejects(almost every photo I upload). I get the same response undersharpened. I have 2 great shots. I used a canon 80d with a canon 50mm and a sigma 100-400. The photos are really sharp when I edit them. I sharpen the image to 90%, I’ve done more but then it got rejected for being over sharpened. But when I export them at 1280px, 100 % quality they get “undersharpened”. Can someone please help me. It’s hard to stay motivated to upload here when all you get is rejected due to it being “undersharpened” when the original isn’t.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I’ve been getting a ton of rejects(almost every photo I upload). I get the same response undersharpened. I have 2 great shots. I used a canon 80d with a canon 50mm and a sigma 100-400. The photos are really sharp when I edit them. I sharpen the image to 90%, I’ve done more but then it got rejected for being over sharpened. But when I export them at 1280px, 100 % quality they get “undersharpened”. Can someone please help me. It’s hard to stay motivated to upload here when all you get is rejected due to it being “undersharpened” when the original isn’t.
                    This one is quite soft (look at the reg.), but as you indicate it seems this might simply be an editing issue. Feel free to post (part of) the original to confirm if that is in fact the case.

Comment

Name:	IMG_0279.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	1165913
                      this is at 1920 due to the upload size. But when I resize to 1280 it gets I’m sharperned

Comment

Name:	IMG_0279.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	1165913
                        this is at 1920 due to the upload size. But when I resize to 1280 it gets I’m sharperned
                        Hi, I am not a screener, but sharpening looks borderline to me.

Comment

Well that’s with 1920px. Right now I only am allowed 1280. Now I’ve told a screener before the photo gets sharper once you bring it up to 1920 and he told me it’s harder to have a sharper image at 1920, yet the photos come out clearer and sharper

Comment

This is also very soft. Unless you can post the full-res (or part of it), can't really say if this a quality issue or an editing issue. If anything, resizing to lower resolution will hide softness better, so you're focusing on the wrong thing.

Comment

I had recently appealed a photo of mine *N223BZ* after it was rejected for over processed/bad postprocessing. I believed I had appealed it on 7/26 and I haven't gotten a response back yet. Checked junk and trash folder in my email and nothing. Can someone check it out. Gave some good points about it and one of them I forgot to mention is the breeze logo on the plane is all white, only one in there fleet that has it that way. Thanks
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X