Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-screening Help (Backlight?)

Hello there!

This is my first time taking airplane photos for jetphotos, so while I was reading the rules, it said that photos with backlight will be rejected. I'm not too sure if there's any measure of how extreme backlight needs to be for the photo to be rejected, so I was wondering if any of you guys would know if this photo would be rejected for backlight (and if anything else looks off )

Thank you for spending the time to read this, any other advice on improving photos like this one would help immensely!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04765-2.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	1165324
    Attached Files

Yes it will be rejected due to backlit (and other reasons, if you want full explanation). Common practice is to look at the tail: If it is in shade, shot is considered backlit. Your shot is so backlit that you can tell the subject covered in shades completely. A counter example of backlit: you see aircraft body looks bright (in particular bottom part of fuse, top part slightly covered in shade, but it helps to build contrast {see how the fuselage is nicely outlined from the background}), and it just feels much better because of the lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by 787Dream View Post
      Yes it will be rejected due to backlit (and other reasons, if you want full explanation). Common practice is to look at the tail: If it is in shade, shot is considered backlit. Your shot is so backlit that you can tell the subject covered in shades completely. A counter example of backlit: you see aircraft body looks bright (in particular bottom part of fuse, top part slightly covered in shade, but it helps to build contrast {see how the fuselage is nicely outlined from the background}), and it just feels much better because of the lighting.
      Oooh I see, that's very helpful ty!

And It'll be helpful to know what other reasons I'd be rejected for so I can avoid them on another photo I'm planning to submit! (that doesn't have backlight)

Comment

Originally posted by cupofpho View Post
        Hello there!

This is my first time taking airplane photos for jetphotos, so while I was reading the rules, it said that photos with backlight will be rejected. I'm not too sure if there's any measure of how extreme backlight needs to be for the photo to be rejected, so I was wondering if any of you guys would know if this photo would be rejected for backlight (and if anything else looks off )

Thank you for spending the time to read this, any other advice on improving photos like this one would help immensely!
        Backlit, dirty, too far, centering.

Comment

Oooh I see, that's very helpful ty!

And It'll be helpful to know what other reasons I'd be rejected for so I can avoid them on another photo I'm planning to submit! (that doesn't have backlight)
          As suggested in #4. Show us the photo you are planning to submit if you would like. Very possibly that it will need a dust spot removal (which is why #4 suggests the image is “dirty”).

Comment

Originally posted by 787Dream View Post

As suggested in #4. Show us the photo you are planning to submit if you would like. Very possibly that it will need a dust spot removal (which is why #4 suggests the image is “dirty”).
            Here it is! (also I just realized this photo is backlit too...so I guess just helpful advice for this one )

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04727.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	365.6 KB
ID:	1165353
            Attached Files

Comment

Here it is! (also I just realized this photo is backlit too...so I guess just helpful advice for this one )
              Also dirty, soft, and somewhat noisy.

Comment

Working...
              X