Rejection help by Nicolás Rodríguez Viteri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection help by Nicolás Rodríguez Viteri

Hello, can a staff or anyone help me please?
    I was quite nervous and I accept it because it might be my first new registration.
    The photo was immediately rejected for the following reasons:
    • Over Processed / Bad postprocessing
    • Heat Distortion
    • Dirty Scan / CMOS Dust spots
    First of all, I can't really find heat distortion anywhere in the image, if so I think it would be very little.

Also, my camera is new, I bought it a week ago, so it was very strange for me to see the reason for the dust spots, I checked the camera and I think everything was fine, and then I checked the photo trying to find some dust or something and I really can't say anything, for me it's perfect.

I appealed the rejection and a screener responded with this: "Why don't you at least check for dust before assuming we are wrong... just do it please and you'll see by yourself..."
    (The appeal got rejected)

So I am asking if anyone can help me so then I can improve my ability to edit and upload photos in JP.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ei-ihtt.jpg
Views:	1334
Size:	602.7 KB
ID:	1166022
    Greetings from Canary Islands, Spain.

Nicolás.

Did you check the dust tool when you submitted. I pulled this image up on Lightroom to check for dust and I cant see anything. I don't see the purpose of the appeal if they never get accepted. Photo looks fine to me(not a screener). Got one rejected because the serial number didn't have a "-" in it. Yet the FAA shows it doesn't have one, only flightradar24 has one.

Comment

Did you check the dust tool? Ignore the yellow line
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, here's an equalized image on Photoshop. I've circled out where problems might exist.

Red circles: Dust spots, not very obvious but they're there. Use Photoshop's Spot Healing Brush (or similar tools in other editing software) to remove them.

Green circles: Overprocessed. Usually appears if you mess around with highlights/shadows too much or if you have some sort of in-body image enhancement on (D-lighting, as well as too much Clarity/Sharpness in Nikon Picture Control for Nikon, there must be similar settings if you use other brands.) Shows up as a halo around the aircraft where contrast is high (between the fuselage and vastly differently-colored blue sky.) I'd recommend reading Seahawk's post about Nikon in-body settings in the forum here
        Recommendations for in-camera settings for aviation photography - Nikon DSLRs - JetPhotos Forums - The Friendly Way to Fly

Blue circles: Vignetting, caused by lens design. Using shorter focal ranges and smaller apertures (ie larger f-stops like f10, f11 rather than f4, f6.3) can help reduce them, but it's also possible to correct it in editing software.

And if you look closely at the upper part of the fuselage and some livery lines, you'll find they're not quite straight, might be a tiny bit crooked/wavy in some areas. That indicates heat distortion, and can be solved by getting closer to the aircraft.

Regards from Shanghai, China

Edit: The equalizer on JP (as shown above by Not Pauli) is much stronger and more indicative of potential issues of photos, so it'd be better to use that equalize tool.
        Attached Files

Comment

thank you for your messages guys, I edited again the photo, trying to fix all of that problems. All done instead of the vignette issues, I fix it with the lightroom tool but there is still a little bit when I check it with the dust tool on JP.
          And then I tried to replace the whole sky but seems to be with a lot of grain compared to the real one.

​real sky

Name:	ei-iht a ve.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	461.8 KB
ID:	1166049

Name:	real.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	560.9 KB
ID:	1166050
          false sky

Name:	ei-iht a veeeeeeeee(2).jpg
Views:	99
Size:	511.9 KB
ID:	1166051

Name:	false.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	775.1 KB
ID:	1166052

Hope this helps, I think that changing the hole sky isn't allowed on JP but at least I think it fixes the main problem.
          Hope you guys can comment about it.

Regards.

Nicolás.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolás Rodríguez View Post

thank you for your messages guys, I edited again the photo, trying to fix all of that problems. All done instead of the vignette issues, I fix it with the lightroom tool but there is still a little bit when I check it with the dust tool on JP.
            And then I tried to replace the whole sky but seems to be with a lot of grain compared to the real one.
            You will be banned from uploading if caught replacing the sky, as it is considered manipulation. Not a good idea.

Comment

Hello JetPhotos crew, I just want to ask for some pre-screening advice at the image below.
              Thanks you guys for your work.

Regards from Canary Islands,

Nicolás.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello JetPhotos crew, I just want to ask for some pre-screening advice at the image below.

Nicolás.
                Overexposed and strong yellow/green tint.

Comment

Hello JetPhotos crew, I just want to ask for some pre-screening advice for the images below.

Nicolás.​
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello JetPhotos crew, I just want to ask for some pre-screening advice for the images below.
                    1. oversharpened
                    2. tail area borderline blurry

Comment

Thank you for your prescreening, I tried to fix the first one
                      Regards
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your prescreening, I tried to fix the first one
                        Regards
                        Sharpening might still be an issue. Is the original actually sharp?

Comment

Due to farness and light it looked weird but I thought it could be fixable, the original is not perfectly sharp but it's not too bad

Comment

I'm not sure about the image size and resolution from the first one, also I cant center in the frame in a better way. That's why I edited too the second one, however, I like the first shot more so I want to know if it's ok to be accepted.

Nicolás.​​
                            Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure about the image size and resolution from the first one, also I cant center in the frame in a better way. That's why I edited too the second one, however, I like the first shot more so I want to know if it's ok to be accepted.
                              These would be rejected for similar. There is no prescreening for similar images.

Comment

Working...
                              X