akariifx - prescreening request / editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• akariifx - prescreening request / editing advice

Hello, I just started editing photos in Lightroom, and I wanted to know if these were good enough to upload to JetPhotos. Also, yes, I know there are halos around the B737 and B717, I stupidly forgot to turn off Active D-Lighting. Would there be any way to fix it? Thanks
    Attached Files

Originally posted by akariifx View Post
    Hello, I just started editing photos in Lightroom, and I wanted to know if these were good enough to upload to JetPhotos. Also, yes, I know there are halos around the B737 and B717, I stupidly forgot to turn off Active D-Lighting. Would there be any way to fix it? Thanks
    For some reasosn I can not open the attached files. However, I am affraid that it will not be possible to remove the halos caused by Nikon D-Lighting.
    Regards AKH

Comment

Originally posted by AKH View Post

For some reasosn I can not open the attached files. However, I am affraid that it will not be possible to remove the halos caused by Nikon D-Lighting.
      Regards AKH
      Not sure why the attached files stopped working. It seems to have stopped working for all the forums too, when I try to click on the file, it's just blank, and if I try to right click>open in new tab it just says "Invalid File Specified". I uploaded the image on Imgur instead: https://imgur.com/a/N5Zt25r

As with the Nikon D-Lighting, that sucks. I shot all my photos with Active D-Lighting on that day.

Comment

Thanks for the separate upload. Not a screener, but my opinion
        No 1 (777) would look ok for me, I would crop more closer and its borderline regarding halos
        No 2 (717) has visible halos, otherwise a nice shot
        No 3 (737) has strong visible halos
        Regards AKH

Comment

Originally posted by AKH View Post
          Thanks for the separate upload. Not a screener, but my opinion
          No 1 (777) would look ok for me, I would crop more closer and its borderline regarding halos
          No 2 (717) has visible halos, otherwise a nice shot
          No 3 (737) has strong visible halos
          Regards AKH
          Alright, thanks, sounds good.

Comment

1. (badly) overprocessed. editing halos like this can't be removed after the fact.
            2. (harsh) contrast
            3. heat hazed. not fixable.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. (badly) overprocessed. editing halos like this can't be removed after the fact.
              2. (harsh) contrast
              3. heat hazed. not fixable.
              I tried to fix the B777 a bit. Is this a bit better, or did I make it worse? If so, any suggestions on how to fix it?
              Thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

I tried to fix the B777 a bit. Is this a bit better, or did I make it worse? If so, any suggestions on how to fix it?
                Thanks
                Contrast is still very harsh, and now there are visible editing halos.

Boost the shadows/bring down the highlights and remove the halos, but doing the former is usually what causes the halos in the first place.

Comment

Hello,
                  I tried to upload a wing view/inflight photo, but it was rejected for being unlevel.

Link: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11198886

I aligned the photo with the Great Salt Lake (in the top right corner) and it looked straight to me, so I thought it was fine. I think it’s just the mountains in the middle that make it look off.
                  I could just be wrong though, and is actually slightly off. Would it need a CW or CCW rotation?

Thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                    I tried to upload a wing view/inflight photo, but it was rejected for being unlevel.

Link: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11198886

I aligned the photo with the Great Salt Lake (in the top right corner) and it looked straight to me, so I thought it was fine. I think it’s just the mountains in the middle that make it look off.
                    I could just be wrong though, and is actually slightly off. Would it need a CW or CCW rotation?
                    Needs CW rotation.

Comment

Hello,
                      prescreening for these 2 photos please.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                        prescreening for these 2 photos please.
                        A bit dark/harshly contrasted, otherwise ok for me.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

A bit dark/harshly contrasted, otherwise ok for me.
                          I made them a little brighter, is it better now?

Also, I tried to fix the wing view picture's rotation by adding a CW rotation like you said previously. Is it also better, or does it need more rotation?

Thanks
                          Attached Files

Comment

I made them a little brighter, is it better now?

Also, I tried to fix the wing view picture's rotation by adding a CW rotation like you said previously. Is it also better, or does it need more rotation?

Thanks
                            All slightly improved.

Comment

Hello,
                              Prescreening for these two photos please.

The 717 was previously rejected for being dark/underexposed, and also for being unlevel for some reason. I understand the dark/underexposed part, but I'm not sure why it would be unlevel because my phone was laid flat against the window, and if you look at the gray thing in the background, (not sure what it is) it's straight.

Thanks
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X