X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikola_Z | Editing Advice

Hi everyone.

Not sure if I'm just stupid or if I'm doing something wrong, but how on earth can I resize my images and scale them down to the allowed size of 1280px when my camera shoots in RAW 6000x4000? I'm honestly just stumped on how to resize these images. I use Lightroom Classic for image editing and cropping, and then Photoshop for resizing, but resizing on Photoshop ends up making the images become horrifically pixellated and impossible to see, and would certainly get rejected if I even attempted to post. I haven't been able to upload an image on JP for over a year now because of this issue, and quite frankly it's turned me away from taking or editing images in general.

The image I've attached is a resized image (note, it is only a test, I could probably do some more touches). As you can see, the quality is utterly atrocious. This is what occurs every single time I attempt to export as a .jpg from 5000+px to 1280px. I used Photoshop, under File > Export As > JPG, with the highest quality on the slider selected, and I've tried every single resampling option but they all look just as bad. At this stage, I feel as if there isn't any point even bothering to continue even attempting to upload here, since all the images will end up like this.

If there is any possible way to fix this, any advice at all, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

when you downsize from 6000x4000 to 1280px, its meant to be pixelated because you are reducing the amount of pixels on the subject

Comment

Originally posted by Nikola_Z View Post
      Hi everyone.

Not sure if I'm just stupid or if I'm doing something wrong, but how on earth can I resize my images and scale them down to the allowed size of 1280px when my camera shoots in RAW 6000x4000? I'm honestly just stumped on how to resize these images. I use Lightroom Classic for image editing and cropping, and then Photoshop for resizing, but resizing on Photoshop ends up making the images become horrifically pixellated and impossible to see, and would certainly get rejected if I even attempted to post. I haven't been able to upload an image on JP for over a year now because of this issue, and quite frankly it's turned me away from taking or editing images in general.

The image I've attached is a resized image (note, it is only a test, I could probably do some more touches). As you can see, the quality is utterly atrocious. This is what occurs every single time I attempt to export as a .jpg from 5000+px to 1280px. I used Photoshop, under File > Export As > JPG, with the highest quality on the slider selected, and I've tried every single resampling option but they all look just as bad. At this stage, I feel as if there isn't any point even bothering to continue even attempting to upload here, since all the images will end up like this.

If there is any possible way to fix this, any advice at all, I'd really appreciate it.
      Hello, please read here carefully when you get the chance, especially #4:

As there seem to be some unwritten rules that are missed by newer users, here are a few suggestions for when you would like editing advice/prescreening from the crew: If asking for prescreening/editing advice, please title your thread "(username) - prescreening request / editing advice" Prescreening is offered

Your previous thread:

Hi guys. My photos are generally rejected and the friendly screeners directed me to the forums. Essentially, (like a vast majority of you all) I shoot in RAW. The problem is that my camera shoots in 6000x4000, and resizing images makes them lose a horrendous amount of quality. I tend to crop them as required (usually reducing

This thread will be deleted shortly.

Originally posted by SLplanespotter View Post
      when you downsize from 6000x4000 to 1280px, its meant to be pixelated because you are reducing the amount of pixels on the subject
      Sorry, that makes zero sense.​

Comment

Working...
      X