Screening Advice for spotter_tiago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screening Advice for spotter_tiago

I uploaded this Star Air Boeing 767 to the database and it got rejected for being unsharpened (soft). It might be slightly soft but i dont think its that much but thats just my opinion, anyways a very similar picture to this one with the same framing, same light and very similar sharpness got accepted.(photos were taken consecutively, one departure after the other) I am just asking for other opinions, in order for me to tell if it is worth appealing or no. Doing this post to save useless appeals as i respect the screeners job and i also am committed to improve my photography.

​Thanks and here is the rejected photo image.​
    Attached Files

Originally posted by spotter_tiago View Post
    I uploaded this Star Air Boeing 767 to the database and it got rejected for being unsharpened (soft). It might be slightly soft but i dont think its that much but thats just my opinion, anyways a very similar picture to this one with the same framing, same light and very similar sharpness got accepted.(photos were taken consecutively, one departure after the other) I am just asking for other opinions, in order for me to tell if it is worth appealing or no. Doing this post to save useless appeals as i respect the screeners job and i also am committed to improve my photography.

​Thanks and here is the rejected photo image.​
    It would be a good idea if you posted the actual rejected image, since this image is only 485pix.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	490255_1693776868.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	518.0 KB
ID:	1170174

My apologies,here is the full picture.

Comment

My apologies,here is the full picture.
        A bit soft towards the right side. Also cyan tint and a bit dark, imho.

Comment

Is there any way i can possibly fix that? I mean its ever so slightly soft and cyan tint because the plane is dark blue and regarding the darkness it can be because the shot was taken late on the afternoon. I can try to put some yellow tint to balance with the cyan but i want to keep the photo as original as possible to not get rejected by bad color or altering the picture too much. As for darkness i can maybe bump the exposure a bit what do you reckon i should do?
          I think the picture has got potential, especially because a almost identical picture as this one was accepted.

Here it is:

Name:	662600_1693777215.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	609.4 KB
ID:	1170273

Comment

Is there any way i can possibly fix that? I mean its ever so slightly soft and cyan tint because the plane is dark blue and regarding the darkness it can be because the shot was taken late on the afternoon. I can try to put some yellow tint to balance with the cyan but i want to keep the photo as original as possible to not get rejected by bad color or altering the picture too much. As for darkness i can maybe bump the exposure a bit what do you reckon i should do?
            I think the picture has got potential, especially because a almost identical picture as this one was accepted.
            The issues do seem like they might be fixable.

Comment

Slightly bumped the exposure and yellow tint to make it look identical to the finnair shot. What do you think of this? I dont want to go too crazy as i am afraid to mess up the colors and over-edit it. Click image for larger version

Name:	OY-SRO Star Air corrected.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	529.8 KB
ID:	1170284

Comment

Slightly bumped the exposure and yellow tint to make it look identical to the finnair shot. What do you think of this? I dont want to go too crazy as i am afraid to mess up the colors and over-edit it.
                Something like the left side here looks better to me:

Name:	OY-SRO Star Air corrected.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	555.4 KB
ID:	1170293

Comment

Did you change the exposure or yellow tint? What values did you alter

Comment

Did you change the exposure or yellow tint? What values did you alter
                    Removed the cyan cast and brightened it a bit.

Comment

Okay i will remove the cyan cast and slightly increase the exposure. Thought i don't know how you remove the cyan cast so effectively. Im still quite new to Photoshop editing. Not many tuturials specifically directed for these purposes. Thanks for the tips, will post a corrected picture here soon

Comment

Okay i will remove the cyan cast and slightly increase the exposure. Thought i don't know how you remove the cyan cast so effectively. Im still quite new to Photoshop editing. Not many tuturials specifically directed for these purposes. Thanks for the tips, will post a corrected picture here soon
                        Easier to do it when converting from RAW to JPEG, as you can simply adjust the white balance. Otherwise, Image -> Adjustments -> Color Balance.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! Just went spotting and im looking to get an opinion on these photos if possible. What editing do i need to do and what would they be rejected for?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the tips! Just went spotting and im looking to get an opinion on these photos if possible. What editing do i need to do and what would they be rejected for?
                            1. centering, blurry, oversharpened, overprocessed/compression
                            2. soft, color, overprocessed
                            3. (size not uploadable)

Comment

Thanks for feedback, sorry for last pic here is the uploadable photo.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X