dragonyc1002 - Editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dragonyc1002 - Editing advice

Hello there, so this photo taken by myself was rejected with the reason "Bad quality". Could anyone explain what could I improve on? (e.g. What I could do while taking pictures at the same position next time) Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

Note: This is the first time for me to upload pictures, so if there is any mistake I made, please let me know, if possible, thank you so much.Click image for larger version  Name:	528296_1696863368.jpg Views:	0 Size:	719.7 KB ID:	1171371

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Hi and welcome to the world of planespotting!
    Not a screener, but have you read the upload guidelines (website above)? They offer some useful advice on how to make your photos acceptable for the database.
    A quick look tells me that there are many issues with the photo, including centering (make sure fuselage is in middle of frame, excluding wings and control surfaces, eg stabilizers and such, aircraft is low in the frame in this case), dark(image needs to be brighter, brighten it up in your editing software), possibly backlit (meaning the part of the aircraft you are showing is mostly in the shadow, so the well-lit side is out of sight, try to shoot when the sun is behind you which lights up the visible side of the aircraft, as backlit is pretty much unfixable), image ratio (jp only accepts images which are between 3:2 and 16:9, and the ratio of your photo edges is not in that range, crop it some more).
    These are the obvious issues, I’ll leave it to the experienced screeners to address the rather hard-to-get-right issues like contrast and sharpening.
    Bad quality means your photo has multiple issues which is true for your case, choose some well-lit photos that aren’t backlit and start from there, should be easier that way

Happy spotting & uploading!
    Regards from Shanghai

Comment

Originally posted by AMGEnthusiast63 View Post
      https://www.jetphotos.com/uploadguidelines/

Hi and welcome to the world of planespotting!
      Not a screener, but have you read the upload guidelines (website above)? They offer some useful advice on how to make your photos acceptable for the database.
      A quick look tells me that there are many issues with the photo, including centering (make sure fuselage is in middle of frame, excluding wings and control surfaces, eg stabilizers and such, aircraft is low in the frame in this case), dark(image needs to be brighter, brighten it up in your editing software), possibly backlit (meaning the part of the aircraft you are showing is mostly in the shadow, so the well-lit side is out of sight, try to shoot when the sun is behind you which lights up the visible side of the aircraft, as backlit is pretty much unfixable), image ratio (jp only accepts images which are between 3:2 and 16:9, and the ratio of your photo edges is not in that range, crop it some more).
      These are the obvious issues, I’ll leave it to the experienced screeners to address the rather hard-to-get-right issues like contrast and sharpening.
      Bad quality means your photo has multiple issues which is true for your case, choose some well-lit photos that aren’t backlit and start from there, should be easier that way

Happy spotting & uploading!
      Regards from Shanghai
      As what you have said, I tried to improve one of my pictures which is shown below, do you have any further advice for this picture? Thank you so much. ​

Regards from Keelung City
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dragonyc1002 View Post

As what you have said, I tried to improve one of my pictures which is shown below, do you have any further advice for this picture? Thank you so much. ​
        Hi there, not a screener but this photo suffers from vignetting although maybe minor, and it is too low in the frame, other issues i cannot tell but i suspect an issue with sharpness, contrast and possibly heat hazing.

Regards

Flyet

Comment

Originally posted by flyetty View Post

Hi there, not a screener but this photo suffers from vignetting although maybe minor, and it is too low in the frame, other issues i cannot tell but i suspect an issue with sharpness, contrast and possibly heat hazing.

Regards

Flyet
          Hello there, so that I have tried to adjust what you have mentioned above, do you have any further advice for this edit? Thank you so much.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello, please read here when you get the chance, especially #6

As there seem to be some unwritten rules that are missed by newer users, here are a few suggestions for when you would like editing advice/prescreening from the crew: If asking for prescreening/editing advice, please title your thread "(username) - prescreening request / editing advice" Prescreening is offered

There will be no pre-screening advice for images you can't actually upload. Please post the exact image you plan to upload if you would like pre-screening advice.

Comment

Hello there, so that I have tried to adjust what you have mentioned above, do you have any further advice for this edit? Thank you so much.
              Hi, Dana meant your image is not at the minimum required 1024 pixels for the long edge. I’m guessing that this is a screenshot, so remember to post the exact image you’d like to have prescreened (ie. not just a screenshot, but the 1024~1280pix image you’d plan to upload).
              Hope it helps

Comment

Apologies for the mistake I made earlier. Could I ask do you have any advice for this picture? Thank you
                (Note: If there is any other problem I made, please let me know, if possible!)
                Attached Files

Comment

Not a screener, but I think it is a tiny bit high in the frame(not that big an issue), too far(image needs to take up bigger part of the frame, try cropping it some more), still somewhat backlit but better than the Eva air(good way to tell is that the tail is in the shadow). As for other problems, admin/screeners can definitely help you spot them better than I can.
                  Hope it helps

Comment

Apologies for the mistake I made earlier. Could I ask do you have any advice for this picture? Thank you
                    Hi, not a screener, but it isn't centred, the plane needs a tighter crop, the image is soft, and the image is heat hazed.

Comment

Image is very noisy, heat hazed, and needs a tighter crop. The tighter crop is likely to make the former two issues even more apparent.

Comment

Quality is off, not fixable for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X