HC97SFO - prescreening request / editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HC97SFO - prescreening request / editing advice

Hi Jetphotos crew! Just want to ask for some pre-screening advice for the photos attached, as I have not uploaded photos for a while and I am re-visiting some photos I took back in 2018. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by HC97SFO View Post
    Hi Jetphotos crew! Just want to ask for some pre-screening advice for the photos attached, as I have not uploaded photos for a while and I am re-visiting some photos I took back in 2018. Thanks!
    These would be rejected for backlit/contrast/soft/heat haze. Not fixable.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

These would be rejected for backlit/contrast/soft/heat haze. Not fixable.
      Thanks! For the backlit issue, I have some trouble understanding the rule of thumb mentioned in the Guideline: "If the tail casts a shadow on the fuselage, the photo is most likely to be rejected for backlit." In these two photos, I do notice that the vertical stabilizer and fuselage below the windows are darker (red circled in the picture), indicating the backlit issue. Am I understanding this correctly?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4463-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	601.1 KB
ID:	1171937
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4563-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	630.2 KB
ID:	1171938

I also wondering if you can help me prescreen a few more photos. I think the backlit is no longer an issue in these photos. I have also added more sharpening to resolve the soft issue. Thanks!

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! For the backlit issue, I have some trouble understanding the rule of thumb mentioned in the Guideline: "If the tail casts a shadow on the fuselage, the photo is most likely to be rejected for backlit." In these two photos, I do notice that the vertical stabilizer and fuselage below the windows are darker (red circled in the picture), indicating the backlit issue. Am I understanding this correctly?
        Just need to look at the tail, really. In shadow for both of these, so backlit.

I also wondering if you can help me prescreen a few more photos. I think the backlit is no longer an issue in these photos. I have also added more sharpening to resolve the soft issue.
        1. centering, contrast
        2-3. contrast

Very poor light on all of these. You'll need to shoot in better conditions if you'd like to have a hope of any being accepted.

Comment

Hello again! Just want to ask for more pre-screening advice for photos I previously took at different airports and on different days. Specifically, I am a little bit concerned about the lighting conditions and the resulting backlit/contrast issues for these photos (FYI the Thai A350 one was taken at sunset time), as I am trying to learn how to distinguish between fixable and non-fixable photos. Thanks!
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello again! Just want to ask for more pre-screening advice for photos I previously took at different airports and on different days. Specifically, I am a little bit concerned about the lighting conditions and the resulting backlit/contrast issues for these photos (FYI the Thai A350 one was taken at sunset time), as I am trying to learn how to distinguish between fixable and non-fixable photos. Thanks!
            1. borderline heat hazed/contrast/color
            2. contrast/overexposed
            3. color
            4. contrast/overexposed/backlit
            5. borderline overexposed

Comment

Working...
            X