Harrison Fulthorpe - Pre-screening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harrison Fulthorpe View Post

Hi Dana, would you say that the vignetting is fixable. Otherwise could you expand on the softness, as I thought that this one was pretty sharp. If you don't have time to expand on that no worries as your probably busy! Thanks.
    Vignetting is pretty strong, so probably not fixable. Looks quite soft towards the nose, so maybe lack of DOF? Both of those would be the result of a wider aperture. What was it set at?

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Vignetting is pretty strong, so probably not fixable. Looks quite soft towards the nose, so maybe lack of DOF? Both of those would be the result of a wider aperture. What was it set at?
      The settings for this were F5.6, shutter 1/500, and ISO 200. I think the aperture was probs an issue. In future what sort of aperture setting would be better I'm assuming a little be higher around 7 or 8?

Comment

The settings for this were F5.6, shutter 1/500, and ISO 200. I think the aperture was probs an issue. In future what sort of aperture setting would be better I'm assuming a little be higher around 7 or 8?
        At least f/8 if you want decent depth of field and less vignetting, depending of course on what the lens' max aperture is. If it's only 5.6, then you'll probably need to go to 9-10.

Comment

At least f/8 if you want decent depth of field and less vignetting, depending of course on what the lens' max aperture is. If it's only 5.6, then you'll probably need to go to 9-10.
          Yeah F5.6 is the lowest I could go. Although I don't think it was actually the issue for the vignetting. I think that was caused by the fence I was shooting through.

But thankyou, ill keep those in mind for future shoots and probably just keep this photo in my personal collection!

Comment

Hello, I'm wondering if I could get these images pre-screened please. Tia

My main concern obviously is them being soft. I'm a bit confused with the horizion for the c130. Right now ive got it lined up with the verticals of the fence but i dont know if i should be using the power poles/trees instead?
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I'm wondering if I could get these images pre-screened please. Tia

My main concern obviously is them being soft. I'm a bit confused with the horizion for the c130. Right now ive got it lined up with the verticals of the fence but i dont know if i should be using the power poles/trees instead?
              1-3. soft, very noisy
              4. soft, horizon. needs CCW.

Comment

1-3. soft, very noisy
                4. soft, horizon. needs CCW.
                For the c130 would you say the horizion needs to be lined up with the trees/power pole instead?

Comment

For the c130 would you say the horizion needs to be lined up with the trees/power pole instead?
                  They don't look very reliable. I'd look at the fence posts in the middle of the frame.

Comment

Hello, I'm wondering if these photo are better now or if the issues remain?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I'm wondering if these photo are better now or if the issues remain?
                      1. noise is reduced, but soft and editing halos/dust visible
                      2. ccw = CounterClockWise. you rotated it the wrong way.

Comment

Working...
                      X