MiniGPT - prescreening request / editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiniGPT - prescreening request / editing advice

Hello! I have tried already to send other photos to jetphotos but without sucess, but i didn't know there was a forum to ask for help so here am I. After my photos were rejected, i tried to take other photos based on the sugestions of the rejected photos, and i'm asking for advice for this photo that i took some weeks ago:

Attached Files

Originally posted by MiniGPT View Post
    Hello! I have tried already to send other photos to jetphotos but without sucess, but i didn't know there was a forum to ask for help so here am I. After my photos were rejected, i tried to take other photos based on the sugestions of the rejected photos, and i'm asking for advice for this photo that i took some weeks ago:
    This photo, and any other photos, that has a grey/overcast background with no sunshine on the plane will be rejected. They are not good enough for the database. You will not find a photo on the website that has the same sky. Unless there is actual sunlight on the plane, dont waste your time wanting to upload it.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post

This photo, and any other photos, that has a grey/overcast background with no sunshine on the plane will be rejected. They are not good enough for the database. You will not find a photo on the website that has the same sky. Unless there is actual sunlight on the plane, dont waste your time wanting to upload it.

If the photo has, for example, 80% grey clouds and the rest of it blue sky, would that still not be accepted? Asking because in the place where I'm taking the photos from I can only take photos when the weather is not good (airplanes land from this side when bad weather conditions), so taking clear sky photos from this place probably won't be possible. If not i probably need to go somewhere else

Comment

Originally posted by MiniGPT View Post

If the photo has, for example, 80% grey clouds and the rest of it blue sky, would that still not be accepted? Asking because in the place where I'm taking the photos from I can only take photos when the weather is not good (airplanes land from this side when bad weather conditions), so taking clear sky photos from this place probably won't be possible. If not i probably need to go somewhere else
        A patchy overcast sky is even worse than a complete grey sky.
        In your image above there is nearly no difference of the (normally white) grey fuselage of the airplane to the grey sky what is causing a contrast and underexposure issue. The image is also soft.

If this spot is useless in good conditions, why not trying another position around the airport?
        Maybe also looking in the internet for a "Spottingguide [your airport goes here]". The community out there often file maps with positions and descriptions where you can have a look at.

Have a nice day.
        Best Regards from Germany,
        Julian S.​

Comment

As Julian has said, if the spot is no good then seek an alternative spot. SpottingGuide is very useful for these sort of things. Ideally you need sunny weather but without heat haze for the best conditions. Anything else is a gamble at your own risk. And always pre-screen til you're more knowledgeable about what will and won't be accepted

Comment

And an important thing - Jetphotos is not everything.
            That means: feel free to do your hobby.
            You don’t have to stay at home just because the sun is not out. It’s your photo and even if it’s nothing for our database here you can be happy with the images you took and the time you spent with your hobby.
            That’s a thing lots of users forgetting about the hobby!

I have a lot of photos in my personal collection which I don’t have shared here.
            Best Regards from Germany,
            Julian S.​

Comment

Working...
            X