Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LewisL - Prescreening/editing advice

Hello all,

I have come across some large inconsistencies recently during my time uploading to JetPhotos. Today, I uploaded a photo of a Eurowings A319, which had recently been repainted into their updated scheme. With this, the livery has changed, including white engines instead of grey. This is a change to the paint, not a temporary cowling fix. It is permanently on the aircraft and part of the livery.
    Subsequently, I uploaded it as a hot photo, deeming that it has had a livery change into their new, updated scheme. After being screened, it was rejected for 'Invalid Hot'. The reason they gave me was '
    the change of engine cowlings is not regarded as a livery change
    '
    However; a few days prior to this, my friend uploaded this onto the system as a Hot Photo, with the exact same reasoning, and it was accepted with no issues. Since then, it has been deleted, and I then uploaded it myself with the same reasoning. This means that one photo was accepted for being a Hot Photo (Deleted before I uploaded mine), yet when I try to upload it, it gets rejected.

Please can a screener have a look into this, and potentially get it accepted. As I have already said, THIS IS A PERMANENT LIVERY CHANGE. This is not a makeshift engine cowling change like the screener has come to believe.

Any follow up would be great.

Kind Regards,

Lewis Lydiate.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	637
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	1178512​​

Originally posted by LewisL View Post
    Hello all,

I have come across some large inconsistencies recently during my time uploading to JetPhotos. Today, I uploaded a photo of a Eurowings A319, which had recently been repainted into their updated scheme. With this, the livery has changed, including white engines instead of grey. This is a change to the paint, not a temporary cowling fix. It is permanently on the aircraft and part of the livery.
    Subsequently, I uploaded it as a hot photo, deeming that it has had a livery change into their new, updated scheme. After being screened, it was rejected for 'Invalid Hot'. The reason they gave me was '
    the change of engine cowlings is not regarded as a livery change
    '
    However; a few days prior to this, my friend uploaded this onto the system as a Hot Photo, with the exact same reasoning, and it was accepted with no issues. Since then, it has been deleted, and I then uploaded it myself with the same reasoning. This means that one photo was accepted for being a Hot Photo (Deleted before I uploaded mine), yet when I try to upload it, it gets rejected.

Please can a screener have a look into this, and potentially get it accepted. As I have already said, THIS IS A PERMANENT LIVERY CHANGE. This is not a makeshift engine cowling change like the screener has come to believe.

Any follow up would be great.

Kind Regards,

Lewis Lydiate.
    Hi, please read here when you get the chance:

As there seem to be some unwritten rules that are missed by newer users, here are a few suggestions for when you would like editing advice/prescreening from the crew: If asking for prescreening/editing advice, please title your thread "(username) - prescreening request / editing advice" Prescreening is offered

Rejections that have already been appealed will no longer be commented on by crew.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Hi, please read here when you get the chance:

As there seem to be some unwritten rules that are missed by newer users, here are a few suggestions for when you would like editing advice/prescreening from the crew: If asking for prescreening/editing advice, please title your thread "(username) - prescreening request / editing advice" Prescreening is offered

Rejections that have already been appealed will no longer be commented on by crew.
      Hi there,

I appreciate this, but it has been wrongly rejected. It is a hot photo. The appeal was rejected with absolutely no comment except a link to the photo. This website is slowly but surely falling apart. It is appalling. You claim all of this "Different screeners have different decisions" thing, but yet you have guidelines to follow! It's a joke! You really need to sit down with your team and tell them how to successfully reject and accept photos. Some of the photos I have seen on this website are, to be frank, shocking. This website needs an overhaul of the rules or screeners to be honest.

Comment

Hi there,

I appreciate this, but it has been wrongly rejected. It is a hot photo. The appeal was rejected with absolutely no comment except a link to the photo. This website is slowly but surely falling apart. It is appalling. You claim all of this "Different screeners have different decisions" thing, but yet you have guidelines to follow! It's a joke! You really need to sit down with your team and tell them how to successfully reject and accept photos. Some of the photos I have seen on this website are, to be frank, shocking. This website needs an overhaul of the rules or screeners to be honest.
        Or you could read the guidelines in the forum and ask for help before appealing next time In any case, you opinion is noted.

Comment

Or you could read the guidelines in the forum and ask for help before appealing next time In any case, you opinion is noted.
          Yet.. I did read the guidelines, stated it in my appeal that is it a genuine hot photo, and a mistake on the screeners part, and yet it continues to be rejected, and in the message they don't type anything. Its a joke. Maybe teach your screeners how to screen consistently before letting them onto the website

Comment

Ok, that was not nice, but we all make mistakes, if a change is too small to be noticed it will not be hot, also i think the appeals are revised by the senior crew, who has probably years of experience, and is probably not wrong if the photo was already rejected. Maybe you made a mistake, so don't try and be rude.
            Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
            If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
            ——————————————————————————

Comment

Yet.. I did read the guidelines, stated it in my appeal that is it a genuine hot photo, and a mistake on the screeners part, and yet it continues to be rejected, and in the message they don't type anything. Its a joke. Maybe teach your screeners how to screen consistently before letting them onto the website
              I get the feeling you still haven't read the link to understand what I was referring to, but that's cool. Will take your advice for managing the website under consideration.

Comment

We all think we read the forum guidelines, but after reading them 6 times i was still making mistakes in the forums

Comment

I get the feeling you still haven't read the link to understand what I was referring to, but that's cool. Will take your advice for managing the website under consideration.
                  I did have a look but I wasn't sure how it tied in to what I was requesting. It's been rejected, and clearly I can't do much so I appreciate if you could pass onto the team with potentially just a small revision of keeping photos within guidelines.

Cheers.

Comment

Well, you could just try not uploading it as hat, and it will be easier for everyone, including you, after all, it was only rejected for invalid hot.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post
                      Ok, that was not nice, but we all make mistakes, if a change is too small to be noticed it will not be hot, also i think the appeals are revised by the senior crew, who has probably years of experience, and is probably not wrong if the photo was already rejected. Maybe you made a mistake, so don't try and be rude.
                      I'm not being rude, i'm just trying to pass on to them how I don't understand the reasoning for rejection and inconsistence in some screening i've had recently. I was hoping for a screener to respond, i.e dlowwa.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post
                        And I apologise if i've come across rude, didn't mean to. It's just confusing me with these sorts of things.

Comment

. It's just confusing me with these sorts of things.
                          It happens to everyone, dont worry

Comment

Working...
                          X