Dust Spots - JP vs Lightroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust Spots - JP vs Lightroom

How can JP see these dust spots, but Lightroom can't? I know if I don't remove them, it'll be rejected, but if I can't see them, how can I remove them?
    Attached Files

Lightroom, Spot removal tool. Looks like a band aid. Although, dust spots are much easier to see in JP than LR do I'll usually upload a photo and use equalization and then hunt further in LR.

Comment

You can try using dehaze tool. Select it upto 100 and you will be able to see dust spots (if any) in the lightroom itself before uploading to JP.

Comment

Originally posted by bazinga238 View Post
        How can JP see these dust spots, but Lightroom can't? I know if I don't remove them, it'll be rejected, but if I can't see them, how can I remove them?
        You can also check with this service: https://pinetools.com/equalize-image

Comment

There is a trick with dust. Go to dehaze clarity and texture, put 50 on both texture and clarity, then put 100 on dehaze. All dust will be perfectly visible. But still, recheck your picture in upload page with equalize to be sure that there are no more dust spots

Regards,
          Blueris.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueris Aviation View Post
            There is a trick with dust. Go to dehaze clarity and texture, put 50 on both texture and clarity, then put 100 on dehaze. All dust will be perfectly visible. But still, recheck your picture in upload page with equalize to be sure that there are no more dust spots

Regards,
            Blueris.
            Good tips, I didn't know this trick. Should save some workflow time

Comment

Originally posted by jakerepp View Post

Good tips, I didn't know this trick. Should save some workflow time
              Better yet, you can create a preset that sets the dehaze/clarity/texture settings to 100 (or whatever you want) and then another preset to reset them back to 0. Then you can just hover over the preset to quickly scan for dust. If you do see dust, you can click on the preset, remove the dust, then click on your second preset to return the values to zero. That's how I'm set up.
              PlaneCaptures: Website | Instagram

Comment

I can confirm that as of recently it's happening a lot to me. Either the Healing tool in LR/Camera raw has gone nuts or else I don't have words to explain this situation.
                I'm ending up, wasting a lot of time uploading, checking, removing again, I upload again and I still see spots even after I remove on the same spot it shows on the JP tool.

Comment

Working...
                X