Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Understanding rejections (Andrew 23 Harris)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding rejections (Andrew 23 Harris)

The image above has been rejected for backlit reasons. I thought I understood that backlit is where shadow is cast on the aircraft because of the direction of lighting but I must admit I am struggling to see any shadow in this situation. I don';t want to appeal in case I am missing something. Could someone kindly clarify the backlit issue for this image, please?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pre-2018 Image - 20170924 (1)-JetPhotos 40.jpg Views:	767 Size:	722.0 KB ID:	1184362
    Last edited by bleuair; 2024-03-10, 15:40.

Originally posted by Andrew 23 Harris View Post
    The image above has been rejected for backlit reasons. I thought I understood that backlit is where shadow is cast on the aircraft because of the direction of lighting but I must admit I am struggling to see any shadow in this situation. I don';t want to appeal in case I am missing something. Could someone kindly clarify the backlit issue for this image, please?
    The sun(light) is on the other side of the aircraft = backlit. Please don't appeal this.

Comment

Backlight sometimes also happens when the sun is directly above the plane.
      Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
      If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
      ——————————————————————————

Comment

Thanks for the replies - I have no intention of appealing. I was just trying to get a better understanding. The photo was taken at 13:45 on 24/9/17 at Duxford so it was off the the right but I accept a little behind the direction of the plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew 23 Harris View Post
          I am struggling to see any shadow in this situation.
          1) I see a shadow on the ground (where it's difficult to say whether it's left (backlit) or right (not backlit) of the plane's centerline.
          2) A polished aircraft is difficult to judge in any case, because it reflects the otherwise sunlit surroundings. But if you look at the root of the LH wing and the LH elevator, you could clearly see the darker parts which indicate shade (from the fuselage and the vertical stabiliser).
          3) I also see a shadow on the pilot's left side which tells me he's entirely lit from his right.
          I hope this helps you to less struggle!

Comment

Working...
          X