Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you need any Pre-Screening? - Limited to CREW reply ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ualwillstand
    - Bad (Over/Under) Contrast?
    - Undersharpened (Soft)?
    I guess I'll just have to get a better picture. When I tried working with the contrast/sharpness it just ended up losing quality.

I could use a few non-photoshop sharpening tips though if anybody has them.
    If it aint boeing, I aint going!

Comment

• I would try getting more of an angle (not head on) on the subject and wait untill the sun goes down a little farther. I accually dont really know much about this stuff but Ive learned a few little things from my little spotting trips.

Comment

• I'll do that. There's long road that runs perpendicular to the approach path so I can pretty much pick and choose the angle that I want. I guess I'll just have to deal without hearing the vortices whirling over my head.

Unfortunately, most of the aircraft seem to come in to our airport around noon so I don't have much of a choice where the sun is.

Comment

• I'm kind of unsure about this one because it's very borderline in my opininon. What do you screeners think? Too much grain in the sky? I admit I got a little lazy with sharpening.

Comment

• noisy and oversharpened

Comment

• Jordan, I would accept it ... if I didn't know, you became lazy with sharpening .

Seriously: Noise is OK. Perhaps some screener may see it a tad overexposed on the upper half of the fuselage.

Cheers
              Gerardo
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Well I think I'm gonna go ahead and rework it anyway just to be safe. Thanks Stefan and Gerardo.

Comment

• I personaly do not liek the jaggies around the red areas of the tail

Comment

• Comment

• Blurry? I was using about 300mm focal length to make this shot, and it's cropped down a lot from 8mp. But it was 1/2000 and f/6.3, any faster shutter speed and it'll lose exposure.

Or maybe it's just the moon and the props that are blurry and the photo's OK. I've been looking at it too much to tell.

---edit---
                      Did something wrong the first time.

I really think it's too blurry, but I don't know how to avoid that when I'm taking the shot. This was a pretty quick shutter speed but it still turned out blurry.

Comment

• Blurry and soft for me

My other pictures: http://pbase.com/pitchul

Comment

• I got a couple of those today. What do you think?

Comment

• Underexposed and dark for me (backlight?)

manu

My other pictures: http://pbase.com/pitchul

Comment

• Maybe I overdid the underexposure a bit, but I definitely don't agree with it being backlit. The sun glare on the fuselage would not be visible if it was indeed backlit.

Do you think it can be saved?

Comment

• - Bad (Over/Under) Contrast?
                                -Part of subject cut off or missing?
                                -overexposed?

Comment

Working...
                                X