Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you need any Pre-Screening? - Limited to CREW reply ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jan-Jasinski View Post
    Anyways, how are these? Thanks
    They're not good at all, in fact they're a million miles away from being accepted. You seem to be trying to nail photos in less than ideal conditions. Why? You'll have a much better chance of getting things right when you have the least correction to do. Shooting in good daylight is easier to deal with than conditions like these where things like colour are much harder to get right (it looks like your white balance was set incorrectly giving them a very blue look).

Have you yet looked into what white balance is and what it does/how to use it correctly?
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by PMN View Post
      They're not good at all, in fact they're a million miles away from being accepted. You seem to be trying to nail photos in less than ideal conditions. Why? You'll have a much better chance of getting things right when you have the least correction to do. Shooting in good daylight is easier to deal with than conditions like these where things like colour are much harder to get right (it looks like your white balance was set incorrectly giving them a very blue look).

Have you yet looked into what white balance is and what it does/how to use it correctly?
      We were running errands and got a chance to pass by and stay for a bit. The weather was ugly indeed.
      Could you specify the reasons they are not good? Thanks
      Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

Could you specify the reasons they are not good?
        No, because we're going to do this slightly differently. What do you think the reasons they're not good enough may be?

Also, again, have you looked into white balance? Going through your manual and learning more about your camera has been suggested to you more than once, have you been doing that?
        Last edited by PMN; 2011-02-06, 12:44.

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Thanks for the comments screeners - I'll try a re-edit of it and check back....

Comment

• I re-edited - any screeners care to comment on this version please?

Comment

• Sorry Mark, but no again.

Very visible compression and noise/grain. The worst areas are the main gear, engine and underwing/flap fairings.

Very visible compression artifacts in the foreground concrete and grass too.
              In all honesty I think this is one as they say for the personal collection.
              Garry Lewis

Air Team Images - www.airteamimages.com
              Air Traffic Controller - Toronto ACC (West Low)

https://flic.kr/ps/AAWk8

Comment

No, because we're going to do this slightly differently. What do you think the reasons they're not good enough may be?

Also, again, have you looked into white balance? Going through your manual and learning more about your camera has been suggested to you more than once, have you been doing that?
                Well i'll start with the color, it seems it has a blue tint to the pictures. I was on Av this time and Custom White Balance. I am not quite sure what else is wrong with my shots

Comment

Well i'll start with the color, it seems it has a blue tint to the pictures. I was on Av this time and Custom White Balance. I am not quite sure what else is wrong with my shots
                  Lets try all are very soft, lacking contrast and some of them are blurry. The ramp shot has a multitude of issues that would probably qualify for a simple bad quality rejection.

I am somewhat puzzled that you can't see the obvious issues listed above.
                  We are not talking about shots here that are borderline, they are so far from being of the quality required that there shouldn't even be any debate. It should be abundantly obvious that these shots are miles away from what is required.

I would suggest taking a look at other shots in the database and look at the required standard for sharpening, color and contrast.

Honestly shooting in such tough conditions is hard for seasoned veterans of photography AND post-processing, which is a skill in of itself.

You're a beginner, start slowly - walk before you can run.

Try shooting in good light, take basic shots, ground shots/approach shots. Learn to take those well, then learn how to process them.
                  Once you have mastered some of the basics start experimenting and looking to broaden your horizons.
                  Trying to shoot panning, low light, bad weather shots is really biting off more than you can chew at this stage.
                  Keep it simple, learn your camera, learn your processing workflow and don't think about leaping to the top of the mountain in one go - There are no shortcuts.
                  Garry Lewis

Air Team Images - www.airteamimages.com
                  Air Traffic Controller - Toronto ACC (West Low)

https://flic.kr/ps/AAWk8

Comment

Jan, please answer my question I've now asked you three times. Have you been putting time and effort into learning as we've suggested many, many times over the last maybe half-year or are you just continuing as you always have?

My images on Flickr

Comment

Jan, please answer my question I've now asked you three times. Have you been putting time and effort into learning as we've suggested many, many times over the last maybe half-year or are you just continuing as you always have?
                      Sorry missed that...
                      I have been learning it a bit but still haven't "mastered" it obviously.

@ atco, Got it! Once again, it was a unexpected trip and had some time so if the shots aren't good so be it! Yesterday was a experimenting night for me as I wanted to see what it's like to get shots at dusk/night. My digital camera wasn't capable of doing the right job before so now I had the opportunity to do it.

*EDIT* I re-edited and was wondering if it's a improvement or not? Thank you.

Comment

• Ok - thanks Garry - I'll put it in the personal collection - have to spend another Saturday afternoon at MIA - darn - what a harship....

Comment

Sorry missed that...
                          I have been learning it a bit but still haven't "mastered" it obviously.
                          Even I haven't mastered it and I never will! As long as you're learning and taking things in then it's good.

My images on Flickr

Comment

Even I haven't mastered it and I never will! As long as you're learning and taking things in then it's good.

So are the photos improved?
                            Cheers

Comment

• Jan,

I´m not a screener but i saved one image to my diskdrive to look for the exif. For example the sunwing, you used this settings :
                              F/5.6
                              1/50sec
                              ISO800

When i look at this settings i say you shot this picture on manual and not on AV like everyone is telling you to do. Like said before try shooting on AV F8, when the light is getting poor then lower the AV and turn up the ISO a bit.

Cheers
                              Bjorn

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjorn1979 View Post
                                Jan,

I´m not a screener but i saved one image to my diskdrive to look for the exif. For example the sunwing, you used this settings :
                                F/5.6
                                1/50sec
                                ISO800

When i look at this settings i say you shot this picture on manual and not on AV like everyone is telling you to do. Like said before try shooting on AV F8, when the light is getting poor then lower the AV and turn up the ISO a bit.

Cheers
                                Bjorn
                                I swear to you I was on Av! I started off with f/8 and ISO200 and then when the light became worse I went to 5.6 and ISO800. I didn't want to change my shutter speed constantly if I were on Manual which is why I chose Av.

Comment

Working...
                                X