Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon,

The blurriness is seen most in the "Blue Angels" and "US Navy" words on the fuselage but all markings are blurred and none of the airframes has any real sharp detail. I'm surprised that it didn't get a backlit rejection as well.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Iranair,

Better, but there still seems to be some compression visible, especially on the BRTISH AIRWAYS title which looks somewhat "pinched up". It may just be slightly oversharp in that area though.

Colours are better and I would suggest using night shot category.

Comment

• Originally posted by oe-vap
        That remembers me on the prescreening thread where that pic was shown also:
        http://forums.jetphotos.net/showpost...postcount=2272
        In the smaller version you showed there the bluriness wasn't that imminent. The uploaded version shows it much clearer.
        In the small version it looked like angel No 3 was sharp so it might have had a chance. Hence i didnt mention it in my reply:
        http://forums.jetphotos.net/showpost...postcount=2274
        Unfortunately thats not the case in the 1024 pixel version. Even No 3 is blurry / out of focus.

So please if you want prescreening post the version you intend to upload and not a different one because it makes no sense to prescreen something and give a "maybe ok" to it if its not the final version.
        Ok thanks I had played around with it a little and thought it looked better but I guess not. Oh and thanks I was having trouble with Photobucket but I will make sure to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999
          Brandon,

The blurriness is seen most in the "Blue Angels" and "US Navy" words on the fuselage but all markings are blurred and none of the airframes has any real sharp detail. I'm surprised that it didn't get a backlit rejection as well.
          Thanks Brian that clears it up for me.

Comment

• http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2095413

I have no idea ware that ''Categories wrong or missing'' comes from.
            And is there to much space around the plane or something else?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• ArjenP,

The aircraft is too low in the frame. Centre it along the bottom of the overwing emergency doors. The category " Special Scheme" needs to be selected as this is not the standard Pegasus colour scheme.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999
                ArjenP,

The aircraft is too low in the frame. Centre it along the bottom of the overwing emergency doors. The category " Special Scheme" needs to be selected as this is not the standard Pegasus colour scheme.
                Thanks Brainw999,
                I always thought that the space between the top of the tail and under the landinggear has to be the same what I did with the rejected photo

Arjen

Comment

• Originally posted by DRS-Spotter View Post
                  Hi.

Had this one rejected for
                  - Over Processed / Bad postprocessing
                  - Too much noise or grain

Does anyone have an idea how to "rescue" this image. Weather was very bad and windows very dirty so I think that's the reason for the noise.

Here's the version cropped and re-sized if someone likes to show his best Photoshop skills

Thanks!

georg
                  To bump up my request and throw in another one. I know that both shots are not the best one's but I like them and would love to see them on Jnet.

Over Processed / Bad postprocessing

georg
                  ________
                  Iolite Ireland
                  Last edited by DRS-Spotter; 2011-09-16, 07:22.

Comment

• Ok what is needed to make this photo just right? How much sharpening and where does it need to be sharpend?

Thanks

Comment

• Desperate request for help! Oversharpened rejections..

I've uploaded a pic twice, the first time it was rejected for overexposure/oversharpening/categories, corrected all three starting from the original pic but still got the oversharpen rejection the second time (http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2092811 - I used 1 USM pass of 50/0,3/ and a second of 20 or 30/0,2/0)

I started the third time from scratch and only used 2 USM passes of 20/0,3/0 but now I'm scared to upload it hahaha! Here it is in the queue, the bottom question is if should I leave this one in the queue (if it could finally pass screening) or remove it and upload a new one with the suggestions you give to this post?

Here is the original pic
                      Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

downsized in quality in PS to a 9 to fit in imageshack size restriction, the original is 3mb and my camera is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ6

Thanks a lot! Really think it's a good pic so hope it works and something can be done!

Comment

• Brandon,

Basically it needs sharpening all over. The titles, panel outlines and cockpit are all soft.

Sharpen gently using 50_0.2_0 USM until jaggies appear. You'll probably see them first in the cheat lines and maybe the ANA. title. Stop as soon as jaggies appear and go back one step using key combination Ctrl+Z.

If there are other areas, such as the panel outlines, that are still a bit soft then create a background layer, sharpen those parts and then erase the jaggies that will have built up again from the first sharpening. Be especially careful not to allow the numbers on the gear doors to develop a white outline which happens when they get too sharp. Flatten the image and save.

Basically, each time jaggies appear, go back one step, flatten, create a new background layer until you are happy with the result.

As always, start from scratch but you can use your current posted image as a guide.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                          Brandon,

Basically it needs sharpening all over. The titles, panel outlines and cockpit are all soft.

Sharpen gently using 50_0.2_0 USM until jaggies appear. You'll probably see them first in the cheat lines and maybe the ANA. title. Stop as soon as jaggies appear and go back one step using key combination Ctrl+Z.

If there are other areas, such as the panel outlines, that are still a bit soft then create a background layer, sharpen those parts and then erase the jaggies that will have built up again from the first sharpening. Be especially careful not to allow the numbers on the gear doors to develop a white outline which happens when they get too sharp. Flatten the image and save.

Basically, each time jaggies appear, go back one step, flatten, create a new background layer until you are happy with the result.

As always, start from scratch but you can use your current posted image as a guide.
                          Thanks Brian! This should help a lot!

Comment

• Hey guys, is this too similar to http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6332480? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by wunaladreamin View Post
                              Hey guys, is this too similar to http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6332480? Thanks!
                              I don't think so, the formation is different, and the shots really look different. Nice shots btw!

Comment

• different formation, yes, but still too similar, as these are the same aircraft. Otherwise we end up having 100 photos showing the same aircraft, just in different formations. That's why 2 screeners rejected the photo.
                                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
                                X