Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way oversharpened, there's a halo around the entire aircraft.

Comment

• The first time I uploaded this photo, it got rejected for "too much noise" and "bad cropping" but the second time I uploaded this it got rejected for "Poor lighting" How to improve this photo?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

• poor lighting and bad contrast?

Hi, I really don't think there's anything wrong with the lighting and contrast of this pic:
        JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I've appealed two other pics this week successfully, and I don't want to come across as appealing everything, so I'd appreciate feedback on this picture now. Granted it's quite difficult to get it right with the cloudy background and the sun behind/above it, but I really think it is correctly lit/exposed/processed.

Thanks!

Comment

• M11: The main problem with the lighting is that the plane is backlit. As for the contrast, I can't say, but to me it looks like a little too much. There's not really anything you can do about this photo being backlit. I'm afraid it's for the collection.

Delwin, you might want to try something like this.

Comment

• Thanks for the reply. Still, I want some more clarification. What is backlit? Have a look at my pic, you'll see that the sun was to the right behind the plane, i.e. to the right of where I was. That's different from a pic that is completely obscured because all you see is shadows, when the sun is directly behind it.
            Even so, why is "backlit" a problem if you do not miss any detail, and the colour is realistic? Just want to know...

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=807825
            Last edited by M11; 2006-01-11, 22:11. Reason: adding the link to the image again...

Comment

• You should shoot with the sun behind you. I don't make the policy, but I know that jetphotos.net (and almost every other sight) does not accept backlit photos.

Comment

• Hi there, Ward

As you see in the pic, the sun was behind the aircraft, probably not completely opposite to your position, but enough to have 'your' side of the aircraft in the shadow. This, together with the bright almost white sky kills the photo.

I had a quick go at the curves to correct this a bit. The result is a more pleasant sky, but there's still this backlight.

Unfortunately, my suggestion is to forget this one.

Regards
                Gerardo
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Thanks Gerardo. I think I may need to work on a different screen for pics like this because to me it doesn't look bad. But no big deal anyway... Thanks!

Comment

• Hi there.
                    Here's a shot I took last year while I was at LAX. I tried to upload it at least 4 times, but now I've pretty much given up on it. However, I still think it has some potential, I'm just not an editing pro at all.

Link to the original unprocessed version:
                    http://iciclelanding.com/aperture?ph...w=photo&size=0

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comment

• Anyone?

Comment

• In my opinion, the motive simply not there. In my eyes it's basically a snapshot taken ou t of a window on the taxiway. The main subject - the Hawaiian B767 - would have been better off taken from somwhere outside.

I also don't know why - perhaps the windows - but the quality seems bad to me, very noisy.

My advice - unfortunately - would be to put this one into your personal collection.

Cheers
                        Gerardo

Comment

• Help with rejected photo

Hi There,

I have had this photo rejected for "digital manlipulation" and I am not sure what I have done wrong. I appoligise if a rejection email is sent out with more information but I am away from home so cannot access my mail. I really just need a pointer to what I have done wrong.

The link is http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=820434

Thanks in advance for any help

Andy

Comment

• Andy, your pic shows some halos around the aircraft. This can either be caused by the "shadow/highlight" tool in Photoshop, or by the sharpening. Some "auto-correct" features in Elements or so also produce this kind of halo.

Gerardo

Comment

• Hi Gerardo,
                              Thanks for the help there, I guess I need to brush up on my workflow.

Andy

Comment

• Hi.
                                got this rejected for Sensor Dust spots.

But I don't see them. Might be because the screen at work isn't too good...but I won't be at home with my beloved Samsung SM 959NF for a while so I ask you here.

Thanks for your help.

Georg
                                ________
                                Vapir N02 Review
                                Last edited by DRS-Spotter; 2011-09-16, 06:37.

Comment

Working...
                                X