Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DRS-Spotter
    Hi.
    got this rejected for Sensor Dust spots.
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=826905
    But I don't see them. Might be because the screen at work isn't too good...but I won't be at home with my beloved Samsung SM 959NF for a while so I ask you here.

Thanks for your help.

Georg
    Theres a HUGE one just above the USA...

Comment

• Thanks, now I can see it too.

Georg
      ________
      Medical marijuna dispencery
      Last edited by DRS-Spotter; 2011-09-16, 06:37.

Comment

• Right. I have thousands of slides that I can scan. I have a Nikon Coolscan V. I now need the help to work the damn thing properly. So far all my attempts have been appalling.

Does anyone have a workflow for scanning and processing slides?

Andy

Comment

• In my opinion, this depends a little bit on the original scan. But manly I scan(ned) at the highest possible optical resolution and saved as JPG with no compression.

In Photoshop I manly used to rotate, resize, adjust colors and contrast and finally sharpen the pic. However, nowadays, Photoshop has greatly improved and noise reducers can help as well.

If you want, place an original somewhere and I'll have a look at it.

Gerardo
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Hi guys!

I am somewhat lost with two rejections. Both are airport overviews and I always get them rejected for "bad info in field: registration"

Well - they're airport overviews. So consequently I leave the field "registration" empty, right?! So what's the problem with the photos then???

In apprecation of your help,
            Mike

Here's the rejections in question:
            JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

• Originally posted by mfz
              Hi guys!

I am somewhat lost with two rejections. Both are airport overviews and I always get them rejected for "bad info in field: registration"

Well - they're airport overviews. So consequently I leave the field "registration" empty, right?! So what's the problem with the photos then???

In apprecation of your help,
              Mike

Here's the rejections in question:
              http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=858260
              http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=858216
              In the regerstration bit you have to put the airport ICAO. Exaxple - EDDM

Comment

• From the "addphotos" page
                NOTE: For airport shots as Control Tower, Terminal, etc... type in the Airport 4 letter code in both the Registration and Airport fields.

Do this and everything will work ok.

Gerardo

Comment

• Thanks a lot Gerardo! I guess I would not have worked that out for quite a long time myself - but I admit: reading the instrcutions definitely helps.

Thanks a lot for your quick answer!

Cheers, Mike

Comment

• You're welcome. As I am screening reight now, I guess, I will see those pics soon?

Gerardo

Comment

• A lovely, innocent looking A330-200!

Here's this lovely Egyptair A330, landing at LHR ... it looks fine to me, but here's the rejection notice ...

Right, what do I do here? I've had this issue come up before (sensor dust spots) and I don't understand it; I took a good 20-30 photos at this spot (a few of which have already been uploaded successfully), so I'm not sure what happened with this one!

Help would be appreciated!

Comment

• Originally posted by akerosid
                        Here's this lovely Egyptair A330, landing at LHR ... it looks fine to me, but here's the rejection notice ...

Right, what do I do here? I've had this issue come up before (sensor dust spots) and I don't understand it; I took a good 20-30 photos at this spot (a few of which have already been uploaded successfully), so I'm not sure what happened with this one!

Help would be appreciated!
                        Hi John

If you look at the picture and look at the nosegear, go down a little and then right you'll se a dark round spot, that is a dust spot. The dust is on the sensor inside your camera and will appear on almost all your photos where there is blue sky or white areas. You can clone out the dust spot in programes like photo shop, its quite easy. Or you can get the sensor cleaned at a photostore or get a cleaning kit and do it your self.

Soren
                        Regards
                        Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

• First of all, the photo is clearly underexposed. The poblem I saw with that photo is, that any attempts of brightening it up will bring a lot of noise, above all in the shadows.

As for the dust spot: I see one right in front of the right engine. That's nothing too serious, it's a common thing on DSLR's. This dust spot can easily be cloned out.

To usm it up: judging by the rejected photo and without seeing the original photo, I'd say, this one can not be saved, due to the underexposure.

Cheers
                          Gerardo

Comment

• Can anyone shed any light on what Digital Manipulation I have used on this picture?

Apart from the normal processing I carry out on my pictures I have done nothing different. I would be intrigued to hear what's wrong.

Andy

Comment

• Have you appealed it, or was that the first rejection?

Gerardo

Comment

• I haven't appealed Gerardo, I rather thought I'd get some feedback first.

Andy

Comment

Working...
                                X