Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Andy, well there is a light halo around the underside of the aircraft possibly caused by the S/H function in CS. I am quite sure that will be where the screener got the manipulation rejection from.

Cheers .. Jid

Comment

• Thanks Jid, it's always useful to have details when picsare rejected for Digital Manipulation. It's also difficult to get rid of halos in Elements I find. Guess I'll give it another crack and see how it fares.

Andy

Comment

• Not had any dealing with Elements here but just try some gradual adjustment of your rgb curves and that should stop any halo effects.

Jid

Comment

• Of course, i could just upload the one of it taking off instead

Andy

Comment

• Continuing, I have just cancelled 3 pictures from the queue after viewing them at work. I do my processing at home on a TFT monitor. Here at work I have a normal CRT monitor - quite a crap one actually!

However, looking at home I cannot see any halo's. Looking at work I can. Now, which is right, flat screen or CRT? Do I need to buy a new CRT monitor to process my pics?

I did see something somewhere once that said a CRT was better for processing. What's the general opinion here?

Andy

Comment

• A good CRT is far better than any TFT monitor at the moment.

Comment

• Thanks! More bloody expense!! And Just where in my "study" (aka coal-hole) am I going to put a CRT screen? Damn the hobby - I think I'll take up crochet instead!

Andy

Comment

• On the other hand, I process ONLY on my TFT Of course, it's good to compare different models before buying.

Gerardo
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Ever since I traded my (very good) Sony-CRT in for a (high-quality) TFT two years ago I never wanted to go back. I also do all my editing and processing on this TFT screen and I am quite happy with it. I guess it all depends on not switching between different screens. Always use the same screen when working on your photos, and you get a feeling for the settings you need in Photoshop to get decent an uploadable results.

Cheers,
                    Mike

Comment

• Poor lighting (backlit) and Clutter

Hello!

I´m having a ton of rejected pictures because "Poor lighting (backlit)" problems, I dont know what to do, maybe some filters in my lenses, maybe wait for a better our in the day to take them...

Sometimes posting pictures and having a bunch of rejected ones are really sad and discouraging for me...

I live in mexico city, and there always are a lot of things around the airport, and there is no way to get inside the airport to take pictures, its imposible to get rid of them, so I have to take planes from the very street where I can take electric poles, cables, cars, espectacular publicity, etc...CLUTTER is other reason of my rejected pics.

Please Help me!

And by the way, this is my first post in this forum
                      Last edited by ecapdeville; 2006-03-25, 05:33. Reason: I forgot to say hello at my first post :)

Comment

• Originally posted by jid
                        A good CRT is far better than any TFT monitor at the moment.
                        This is quite worn out statement IMHO. Couple years ago I would have agreed but TFT's have evolved quite a bit recently and are now(the good ones) on par with CRT's...
                        http://ovp.fi

Comment

• Originally posted by ecapdeville
                          Hello!

I´m having a ton of rejected pictures because "Poor lighting (backlit)" problems, I dont know what to do, maybe some filters in my lenses, maybe wait for a better our in the day to take them...

Sometimes posting pictures and having a bunch of rejected ones are really sad and discouraging for me...

I live in mexico city, and there always are a lot of things around the airport, and there is no way to get inside the airport to take pictures, its imposible to get rid of them, so I have to take planes from the very street where I can take electric poles, cables, cars, espectacular publicity, etc...CLUTTER is other reason of my rejected pics.

Please Help me!

And by the way, this is my first post in this forum
                          hello !

Welcome to the forums ,

In order for us to help you out would you mind pasting a link to the photos you are inquiring about

Comment

• I actually only edit photos on a TFT. I've tried my parents CRT, but it isn't up to snuff at all (It's so soft that in order for it to appear sharp to me, it will be horridly jagged everywhere else [and still soft to me]).

So TFT is the only way to be.

Comment

• So, looks like the field is split. OK, guess I'll carry on for a bit and save my money for AMS and YYZ! And hope for the best LOL!

Andy

Comment

• Bombay dream ... or nightmare?

Here's one that's just been rejected ... for "Bad quality". Can anything be done to rescue this.

Unfortunately, Mumbai is not the best airport in the world (and that's putting it very kindly) for aviation photography; there's really not too much opportunity from the terminals, so this photo was taken from the roof of a nearby hotel.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

At the end of the day, you can keep rejecting photos from India for minor technical faults, but you have to accept that you're not dealing with Schiphol or St. Maarten. You're simply not going to get photo opportunities of that quality from Indian airports.

Here's another one that's just been rejected.

Can anything be done to rescue this?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Working...
                                X