Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pacific Pride
    hello !

Welcome to the forums ,

In order for us to help you out would you mind pasting a link to the photos you are inquiring about
    I will go today to take new pics, I will try to Add them normaly and if there are problems I will post them here...

Thank you for answer!

Comment

• Originally posted by akerosid
      Here's one that's just been rejected ... for "Bad quality". Can anything be done to rescue this.

Unfortunately, Mumbai is not the best airport in the world (and that's putting it very kindly) for aviation photography; there's really not too much opportunity from the terminals, so this photo was taken from the roof of a nearby hotel.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

At the end of the day, you can keep rejecting photos from India for minor technical faults, but you have to accept that you're not dealing with Schiphol or St. Maarten. You're simply not going to get photo opportunities of that quality from Indian airports.

Here's another one that's just been rejected.

Can anything be done to rescue this?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=874322
      The first one looks a little blurry and there's purple haze everywhere, the 2nd one can be fixed easily with just a little bit of curves and brightness/contrast.

Comment

• As Eric said, the second one should be acceptable with some brightening up.

Comment

• A few more Indian delicacies!

Okay, guys, thanks for the responses. Here are a few more you might like to look at. I really like this first one and I'd love to get it approved. It was rejected first for being too dark and then, the second time, well, have a look.

I think I may have ruined it with my "corrections", but I still have the original, so I can go back to that if necessary. The backlighting wasn't a reason for rejection first time around.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

This second one is an Indian A300; another pretty rare one for JP.net and again, I'd love to get it accepted.

I think my problem with these (among others) is that when I'm correcting them, I go way overboard and make a mess of it. With this one as well, I may need to go back to the original.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Comment

• They both have too many quality problems that can't be fixed. Don't worry though, just keep shooting.

Comment

• I don't think these ones can be fixed. You have to remember that with a backlit subject, the exposure has to be dead on perfect.

Check this one:
              [photoid=5653960]

Note that even though the subject is backlit, there's still light hitting it after it's reflected off other objects out of the frame. That helps too, makes the subject more interesting. A basic rule of thumb is to overexpose (what your camera meter tells you) by one full stop when shooting backlit, I find that when you do that however you loose alot of the deep blues in the sky, so I basically experiment with my results. You'll know when I come up with something cause i'll probably upload it here but so far I haven't found a better way to expose the aircraft perfectly...

Comment

• Can this one be saved? I don't think so but maybe one of you people that are MUCH better at this than me can help fix it.

Thanks
                My photos at JP.net

National Air Traffic Controllers Association

Comment

• Unfortunately I don't think so. It appears not only soft, but out of focus aswell.

Comment

• Backlighting issues?

Hi, I was under the impression that to avoid backlighting, you didn't shoot into the sun. I have had six photos rejected - all with backlighting issues (there were ones with other issues, which I can fix), but I really want to get this whole backlighting issue understood.

In all of these photos, the sun was quite definitely behind me (and it was just before sunset), so how can they be backlit? Can I do anything on Photo Editor to sort this out; frankly, they seem like perfectly good shots to me - but of course I would say that!

Last edited by akerosid; 2006-04-13, 05:44. Reason: correct error in text

Comment

• Arbitrary judgment of backlighting?

Further to my post above, the following photo was taken at roughly the same time as the three above (and another two) - from exactly the same spot, roughly the same time (5-6pm). Now, if this was taken at the same time, how could this not be backlit and the others are?

Comment

• Originally posted by akerosid
                        Further to my post above, the following photo was taken at roughly the same time as the three above (and another two) - from exactly the same spot, roughly the same time (5-6pm). Now, if this was taken at the same time, how could this not be backlit and the others are?

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5705776
                        Akerosid,

The problem with the 3 rejections is that the nose is fine but right side of the fuselage has been shadowed out due to the sun being on the wrong side of the aircraft. The Palmair is at a completely different angle.

Comment

• John, look again at the pics and you will find the answer, why one was accepted and the other three not. To be totally honest: I wonder how you even came up with this question, why the Palmair one was accepted and the others not.

Gerardo
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• How to correct?

Ok, when I look again, I see - fair enough. Right, how do we fix this? I know (and I'm not at my home computer now), that there is a backlighting button on Adobe photo editor, but I've never used it.

What can be done to fix these?

Comment

• You will have to wait until they release Photoshop CS36.
                              Then you can clone a photo of the sun in the left hand top corner.
                              This version I am told,will then generate the correct lighting.
                              My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

• Oiiii, that will in the year 2063 or so ....

Gerardo
                                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
                                X