Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
    and we have ways and means of detecting this!
    Thanks again, Brian! Don't worry, if I want a night shot I'll take it at night

Comment

• How much I have to rotate?

Comment

• Originally posted by testfahrer View Post
        0.6 deg CW works for me.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Hey guys;

what information is wrong/missing on this one?

Thanks in advance.

jeremy

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremydando View Post
            Hey guys;
            what information is wrong/missing on this one?
            Thanks in advance.

jeremy
            Hi jeremy,
            The information is correct, it was rejected for categories (and another reason).
            This one needs to have the categories "Business Jet" and "Sunset/Sunrise/Dark" checked.

Hope this helps
            Peter
            http://www.vap-group.at
            http://www.austrianaviation.net

Comment

• Hi guys, I need some help with this reject. Does it have any chance for being accepted? I'm reffering of course at the "bad motive" rejection, because the other one can be repaired. Thank you, Andrei.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mengelaus View Post
                Hi guys, I need some help with this reject. Does it have any chance for being accepted? I'm reffering of course at the "bad motive" rejection, because the other one can be repaired. Thank you, Andrei.

http://www.jetphotos.net//viewreject_b.php?id=2924797
                *An awkward one. The rules say that part of the airport must be in sight. Personally speaking, the approach lights meet that requirement for me.
                *As far as a description of where it is ? well, you can't get much more accurate than the GoogleEarth reference that you give.
                *What type of shots can be had there ? Your picture shows that.
                *Is it a PUBLIC location ? By that I mean can you lawfully be at this spot or are you in reality trespassing ? This is possibly where we might have a problem as I don't know many airports where you can sit in the approach lights field.

Other crew comments ?
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Brian thank you for the help. I hope the next print screen from Google Maps shows that is a public area. There are roads that take you to that "A" point from where I made the picture. The area is accesible by car within one km from that point and then you have to walk until you arrive under the approach lights.

Comment

• Hi Guys,

I need some help with these two rejections

Earlier this had been rejected for being "undersharpened" ... so I did a few rounds of USM, now I have a reject for "Too much/ Too little contrast". Can this be repaired to be fit enough for a re-upload?

and...

Rejected for being "Blurry". Will a few more rounds of USM help in this case or is there any other way to improve upon this?

Thanks and Regards,
                    Sankalp

Comment

• Originally posted by AirIndia0001 View Post
                      and...

Rejected for being "Blurry". Will a few more rounds of USM help in this case or is there any other way to improve upon this?
                      Hello,
                      This one can't be brought up to database standards. You can not eliminate the blur out of a picture by sharpening it.
                      Sorry but its only for your personal collection
                      Peter
                      http://www.vap-group.at
                      http://www.austrianaviation.net

Comment

• Originally posted by oe-vap View Post
                        Hello,
                        This one can't be brought up to database standards. You can not eliminate the blur out of a picture by sharpening it.
                        Sorry but its only for your personal collection
                        ohh! ok thanks
                        any feedback on the other rejected photo.

rgds, Sankalp

Comment

• Can anyone help me find the dust spot on this one

(Third submission for this acft ... and first rejection where dust spots were cited!)

... and this one?

Comment

• Triple rejection Color

These three photos were all rejected for bad color. The first one was also rejected for heat distortion.

Can I get some help on the color issue. Not sure what the problem is (cast? saturation?) It typically dial up the saturation a little on my photos but with Delta jets the red seems to blossom pretty quickly so these three have very little, if any saturation added.

Never seen the heat distortion rejection. It was a cool spring day and the aircraft was about 200 ft above a forest so I don't think there is any heat distortion. Maybe it's just to soft?

Thanks for the help.
                            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by kanepjk View Post
                              These three photos were all rejected for bad color. The first one was also rejected for heat distortion.

Can I get some help on the color issue. Not sure what the problem is (cast? saturation?) It typically dial up the saturation a little on my photos but with Delta jets the red seems to blossom pretty quickly so these three have very little, if any saturation added.

Never seen the heat distortion rejection. It was a cool spring day and the aircraft was about 200 ft above a forest so I don't think there is any heat distortion. Maybe it's just to soft?

Thanks for the help.
                              Pat
                              They all look very red to me. On the fuselage you can see that the white is not really white, it is more red.
                              About heat distortion. Nothing you can do about this. ALso called heat haze. When a picture suffer from heat haze it is lost... Sad, but true.

Comment

• The problem is indeed a colour cast, in this a red one. Yuo can see it also at the curves(the red one has more highlights than the other ones.)
                                So you can fix it with the curves and also with Hue/Saturation. Try different things and see what result they have. Look for for things like the blue engine where the colour cast is the most visable.

I attached one of your photos.I selected the Red channel in the curves option and moved it slightly down. With a final touch with Hue/Saturation you should be able to get it right.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X