Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I would either include all of the right hand main gear OR completely exclude it by cropping to lose the gear but keep the title and include the T of TUI. I'd also crop with winglet tip tight to the top of the frame.
    Hi Brian,

I will try your suggestions if possible with the original picture.

Thomas

Comment

• Hi all, I had this rejection today...

for "Dark / Underexposed" and "Too much noise or grain" (I'm thinking it might be concentrated on the hangar, right?)

The first reason can be easily fixed but I'm afraid that it might make the second one worst. Opinions? Can I save the pic or is it one for the dark corners of my hard drive?

Comment

• The darkness, just lighten up the image a tad more and it should be ok, Have a look at the histogram in photoshop and that will tell you if its ok or not.

Comment

• The shadows show some noise. I guess it has to do with the exposure of the original photo. Judging by the shadows and contrast, you were shooting slightly into the sun, what may have tricked the camera logic.
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Reason(s) For Rejection:
            - Overexposed
            - Undersharpened (Soft)

I don't see the Overexposed on my calibrated monitor. I can see details in most of the fuselage except for a very small strip right in the middle.

I do think it is a tad soft but thought it was close enough to be accepted. If I add more sharpening I start getting some bad jaggies.

Comment

• One of the few occasions to use shadow/highlight.
              20% Shadow.
              10% Highlight
              3 or 4 passes of USM at 50_0.2_0

If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                One of the few occasions to use shadow/highlight.
                20% Shadow.
                10% Highlight
                3 or 4 passes of USM at 50_0.2_0

Thanks for the help Brian

Comment

• Anyone?
                  www.TarmacPhotos.com

Comment

• Originally posted by TarmacPhotos.com View Post
                    Anyone?
                    The Hue/Saturation is because the colours of your photos aren't natural.
                    The have green cast. You can see it on the grass and the white areas of the plane.

Here some examples(it''s not perfect, but to give you an idea about the green colour)

Comment

• Originally posted by arjenp View Post
                      The Hue/Saturation is because the colours of your photos aren't natural.
                      The have green cast. You can see it on the grass and the white areas of the plane.

Here some examples(it''s nor perfect, but to give you an idea about the green colour)
                      Thanks!
                      www.TarmacPhotos.com

Comment

• Hi everyone,

This is now the second time I got this photo rejected. Can I ask for your help?

Is this salvagable?

Cheers,
                        Mehdi.

Comment

• Hi

I got a reject for too little/too much contrast.

I processed only the plane using the magnetic lasso. Levels were clipped correct. Increase of midtones to 1.1. Few passes of USM 50 0.2 0 (thanks Brian), a little bit of hue for red.

Left the rest of the picture untouched.

An earlier version of this same pic but at 1024 http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2522591, I processed as a whole. Even that was rejected for contrast.

For air only photos, thanks to Brian I have understood the JP process and process the pic well. However, for this picture which is on the ground, I do not know (a) where the problem in the contrast is (b) is it salvageable and (c) how to process this correctly.

I have about 30+ pics like this and would to ensure I do things correctly and meet the JP standards.

Also for bad info on the airline. This is a new service launched by Jet Airways. The additional labels of the "Konnect" service are added. I am not sure if this warrants the addition of an airline, and I had indicated this on the "Hot Photo" explanation.

So I am a little confused on this being cited as a reject reason.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Sharpening

Well, just got the first tranche of my DXB photos through; not too bad (don't worry screeners ... lots more to look forward to )

Just one question I had about sharpening.

In most cases, my practice has been to apply one blast of 100%/1.0 and then, another of 100%/0.1. It's all experimentation, I know, but it seems to work.

Here's one where it didn't work:

This was, as you can see, rejected for being undersharpened. What would you do to sharpen this sufficiently for acceptance?

Must dash ... lots more fun to be had with Photoshop!

Comment

• Originally posted by mnazarinia View Post
                              Hi everyone,

This is now the second time I got this photo rejected. Can I ask for your help?

Is this salvagable?

Cheers,
                              Mehdi.
                              Mehdi,

Open up the histogram in levels and move the left and right baseline arrows in to meet the points where the graph starts on the baseline. Ignore any small block of graph at each end of the baseline. This will fix the contrast.

For sharpness, apply 3 passes of USM at 50_0.2_0

....and that SHOULD do it !
                              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                              X