Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all,

I had this rejected today for Categories wrong or missing and I can't for the life of me figure out what categories I did or didn't tick... And also, as a side note, is there any way to see what information you submitted with the photo (i.e. categories) after a rejection?

Thanks for the help!

Gareth

Comment

• Originally posted by g.forwood View Post
      Hi all,

I had this rejected today for Categories wrong or missing and I can't for the life of me figure out what categories I did or didn't tick... And also, as a side note, is there any way to see what information you submitted with the photo (i.e. categories) after a rejection?

Thanks for the help!

Gareth
      I dont think any categories are required for that unless BJ might be applicable. This does not look like a night shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siegi N. View Post
        Thank you.
        1. How do I find a spot or dirt in the photo in Photoshop CS5?

2. My photo reject on Window Glare / Dirt:

I noticed that I was wrong at the airline (Delta Airline), but the question - what's the problem with Window Glare / Dirt in the picture?

Siegi.
        Use the equalise function to check for dust or dirt in any version of CS
        Last edited by cja; 2010-10-13, 22:37.

Comment

• I received this rejection today for "Horizon Unlevel" ... This despite the fact that I had put across a Note to the Screeners that I had used the pole in the background for levelling this shot as the location suffers from "slanting topography" and the roof design of the upcoming terminal in the backgroud is not exactly level.

This, I am sure, will be corroborated by anyone, who has spotted from this famous location at Mumbai.

I feel sad, as I made the same shot go through the Pre-screening thread and the Screeners opinion there regarding my choice of leveling was positive.. and yes, I know that opinions can differ but that is why the NOTE TO SCREENERS assumes importance, is it not?

Should I Appeal this Rejection?

regds,
          Sankalp

Comment

• Sankalp,

The pole (if I'm looking at the correct pole) you've used to level the photo is leaning to the right. The terminal building behind is also leaning to the right. You may believe it's level but there isn't a single reference in the photo that says it is, so that being the case we have to conclude it's unlevel. A bit of CCW rotation should sort it out nicely.

Paul
            Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by PMN View Post
              Sankalp,

The pole (if I'm looking at the correct pole) you've used to level the photo is leaning to the right. The terminal building behind is also leaning to the right. You may believe it's level but there isn't a single reference in the photo that says it is, so that being the case we have to conclude it's unlevel. A bit of CCW rotation should sort it out nicely.

Paul

Thanks Paul ... one stupid question ... do I level it along the pole's center-line or along its vertical edge-line

Cheers!
              Sankalp

Comment

• That's actually a very good question! It needs to be done along the centre line of the pole. A lot of those big lamp posts aren't the same diameter right the way through, they're tapered so levelling to the side will lead to an unlevel image. If I level to a pole like that then I usually start right at the top at the sharpest bit and run the levelling tool through the pole to the bottom.

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by wunaladreamin View Post
                  Hey folks, not sure about the motive rejection. A little insight please?

Thanks!!!
                  Hi Kenny,

Apologies for the slight delay in getting back to you. That image may have been rejected in error, so I'd recommend perhaps trying an appeal. I personally don't see anything at all wrong with the motive; it's very remotely possible some may see the wings being cut off in a slightly negative way but essentially I can't really see a fault. I don't deal with appeals so it's entirely up to whichever senior screener gets to it, but I think it stands a reasonable chance of being accepted if appealed.

Hope that helps,

Paul

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Thanks for the response Paul. Appeal it is and I'll hope for the best. Thanks again!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gandalf View Post
                      Hello Screeners!

Sometimes I'm not able to find JPG artefacts and this is one of those times...

Could someone help me to understand?

Thanks, Fabrizio
                      First of all I apologize for self-quoting...

Then... .JPG artefacts is a matter very important for me: some hints about that easyJet?

Thank You!

Comment

• Paul, thanks again. The appeal was successful.

Comment

• Greetings screener gurus.

This is one of my better photos but has got rejected twice for unlevel horizon. Appealed twice. First appeal suggestion was incorporated in the the re-upload, second time rejected, second appeal rejected. I am advised to keep the centre level. I did that the first time, and was advise to keep the light mast level.

I am very confused and frankly disheartened. It is a great shot of an entire line of A320s in the night. Rare line-up.

Can some one please advise me what to use as a levelling reference and oblige.

TIA

Devesh

Comment

• Originally posted by BangaloreAviation View Post
                            Greetings screener gurus.

This is one of my better photos but has got rejected twice for unlevel horizon. Appealed twice. First appeal suggestion was incorporated in the the re-upload, second time rejected, second appeal rejected. I am advised to keep the centre level. I did that the first time, and was advise to keep the light mast level.

I am very confused and frankly disheartened. It is a great shot of an entire line of A320s in the night. Rare line-up.

TIA

Devesh
                            Hiya Devesh,
                            The horizon is leaning to the left by quiet some amount.

What I suggest is using the centre of the tyres on a first A320 as levelling refference, so drag the ruler tool from the centre of the right main gear to the same place on the left gear, try it and see.

Ryan T

Comment

• Originally posted by BangaloreAviation View Post
                              Greetings screener gurus.

TIA

Devesh
                              I've just had a fiddle in Photoshop and rotating clockwise by around .4 degrees seems to work well.

Originally posted by wunaladreamin View Post
                              Paul, thanks again. The appeal was successful.
                              Excellent. I'm glad to see it in the database!

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by Siegi N.
                                Hello,
                                Rejected a photo, what's the problem here (Bad Info in the following field(s): Aircraft):

Best Regards,
                                Siegi.
                                Why are you asking here when you have already submitted an autofill entry correction to the correct type?

Comment

Working...
                                X