Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Siegi N. View Post
    Hi

I am preety sure there is no backlit because the sun light seen under the windows

Siegi.

First we need reply to this !!!!

Siegi,

2 long time screeners, Aj and myself told you this pic IS heat hazed but you STILL put it in the queue ??
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Is that a joke ?
    Because if you're just ignoring our replies here tell me why we should still waste our time with you ???

Alex

Comment

• Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe View Post
      First we need reply to this !!!!

Siegi,

2 long time screeners, Aj and myself told you this pic IS heat hazed but you STILL put it in the queue ??
      JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Is that a joke ?
      Because if you're just ignoring our replies here tell me why we should still waste our time with you ???

Alex
      Oops, sorry I did not notice that I remove from the queue the picture, but it is not belong to my post.
      Regard
      Siegi.

Comment

• Hello,

can anyone explain me what's unlevel about this?
        If you check the vertical lines of the red/white thing at the righthand side of the photo they are parallel with the edge of the photo.

Please advise

Thanks,
        Joop

Comment

• Bump?

Hi,
          any help with this one?

The problem I have with leveling it is that it was taken, aiming towards the middle of the co-pilot's front window from the jumpseat but also angled upwards. Therefor there aren't really any vertical lines: The throttle was in idle for descent and the back panel has a slight backwards incline on it anyway... Help with this would be appreciated.
          What should I do with the sharpening, cause I had only focussed on the throttles not the instrument panel behind...

Lastly (a few things I know ) is it too little contrast here?

Also just a double check, there isn't much I can do to salvage this is there?

Once again thanks for your hard work!
          ZK-TUI
          Thanks
          Note: I did not copy PMN, I am in fact obsessed with both (ask anyone who knows me and they would confirm that I talk constantly about these things

Comment

• To be honest the B737 flight deck shot looks almost accidental. The composition is odd, with a great deal of the right of frame out of focus. If the in focus centre pedestal was centre of frame it may work.
            The A320 shot suffers from a bit of the same. Once outside is overexposed it is very hard to repair.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoBL View Post
              Good day!

I have rejection that make me unsure what am I doing wrong.

I've got this for bad motive. Don't know why.

Gatwick's North Terminal departure lounge shows what the airport "experience" has become these days: a Shopping Mall where everything from Ferrero Rocher to Ferraris are on display.. EGKK. Airport. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

This pic as we could see, is good motive.

Both places looks like mall or other shopping centre, but both shows a interior of terminals.
              Please explain me what is wrong with my pic ;-(

Regards,
              Kornel

Could someone help me in this case? Please, I need some explanation

Greetings,
              Kornel

Comment

Could someone help me in this case? Please, I need some explanation
                These are always going to be 'grey area' images but I'll try explain the difference between the two. Firstly, Paul Furmanski's Gatwick shot is well exposed, it's nice and bright, clear, shows people going about their daily lives and generally gives an idea of the atmosphere in the terminal. We can see people shopping, having a beer up on the top level, milling about giving a sense of movement, etc, so there's a lot to look at. In yours we can see some of those elements are missing, and while we know it shows a part of an airport terminal the image could very well just as easily be a shopping mall that's closing down for the night. It's quite dull which immediately makes for a less appealing image, it doesn't really show much apart from a few shops and there are only two people visible. I must stress there's no requirement to have people visible in terminal shots but when taking such images you have to consider what you're trying to show, and in this particular case as there's very little else to look at some people wandering about the place may have helped add the atmosphere that's quite absent at the moment.

So essentially, summed up, the two images show the inside of a terminal but they're quite different. Terminal shots need to be thought about more like non-aviation images where you consider your subject and what you're actually trying to show much more carefully. In Paul's image there are things to look at and different parts of the frame for your eye to move around and see what's going on, yours kinda looks a little like a random snapshot rather than a 'constructed' image. Ultimately the vast majority of terminal shots could actually also be shopping malls, so we generally look for things like what the image actually shows and the atmosphere it portrays, how interesting it is, etc. My general advice for terminal shots would just be try make them as interesting as you can. Get as much action in as possible and try capture the general atmosphere of the place, and if there are any distinctive features of the airport then try include them in the image. They'll make it more... Well... Interesting!

Hope that helps,

Paul
                Last edited by PMN; 2011-01-25, 14:53.
                Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Thanks for your answer! Now I understand the difference and after few moments of thinking I agree with you.
                  But that's mean that ZHYC terminal will not be ever accepted, there is hardly to find group of passengers. Just kidding, but when I was there, only one flight was scheduled to depart because ZHYC is quite small airport and can't be compared to the Gatwick. It just like compared BAe146 to 747, both has 4 engines and can carry passengers and/or cargo.
                  Last edited by MoBL; 2011-01-25, 17:24.

Comment

but when I was there, only one flight was scheduled to depart because ZHYC is quite small airport and can't be compared to the Gatwick. It just like compared BAe146 to 747, both has 4 engines and can carry passengers and/or cargo.
                    As I mentioned the lack of people wasn't the sole reason for rejection, it's also generally quite dark and the angle you chose to take the photo from doesn't really show much of interest. If I asked you what the motive for taking that photo was and what you were trying to show, what would the answer be? Movement? Mood? The atmosphere of a working airport? A sleeping airport after the crowds have gone? None of these things really come across in the image. Again try thinking a little more about how you're getting your subject across, for example going down under the information board and resting your camera on that blue desk thingy may have given a better general view of the area and added a bit more interest. A little thought can go a long way sometimes.
                    Last edited by PMN; 2011-01-25, 18:24.

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by Joop View Post
                      Hello,

If you check the vertical lines of the red/white thing at the righthand side of the photo they are parallel with the edge of the photo.

Please advise

Thanks,
                      Joop

Joop I agree that it is difficult to see if she is level. Imo she colud use a very slight touch of cw rotation. Otherwise it seems fit to try an appeal on this shot.
                      Last edited by ErwinS; 2011-01-26, 08:23.
                      “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

• Hi Erwin,

thanks for your honest feedback.
                        To please the screeners I rotated the pic cw with ,2. It's screened by at least one screener a couple of hourse ago (still in the queue with 7207 photos before)and I put my 50cents on it that it gets rejected again for another reason.

FYI, the original pic as it is rejected here, is approved by A.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Boein...22F/1855159/L/) at the first screening.

Sorry for being so cynical but as in your own words "it's difficult to see if she is level" I believe you should give the photographer the benefit of the doubt.
                        BTW, do you agree the vertical lines in the red/white 'building' are parallel to the edge of the photo?

Comment

Hi Erwin,

thanks for your honest feedback.
                          To please the screeners I rotated the pic cw with ,2. It's screened by at least one screener a couple of hourse ago (still in the queue with 7207 photos before)and I put my 50cents on it that it gets rejected again for another reason.

FYI, the original pic as it is rejected here, is approved by A.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Boein...22F/1855159/L/) at the first screening.

Sorry for being so cynical but as in your own words "it's difficult to see if she is level" I believe you should give the photographer the benefit of the doubt.
                          BTW, do you agree the vertical lines in the red/white 'building' are parallel to the edge of the photo?
                          Hi Joop,

I've looked at this image very closely and there's one pixel difference in the vertical position of the front and rear doors, meaning it certainly isn't considered unlevel. I'm sure you understand with the volume of images we deal with the odd mistake will be made, especially on images like this where it perhaps isn't immediately clear which references are reliable. Personally I think the window line and doors, and the little box thing on the right are the most reliable references here and as I say, there's one pixel difference.

I've brought this up in the crew forum so I assure you it will be discussed further and we'll hopefully get back to you at some point very soon.

Cheers,

Paul

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Paul, thanks for your quick response and constructive feedback!
                            I'm curious for the outcome..Surprise me

Comment

• Hi again Joop,

It would appear through the wonders of a site Admin guy somewhere the image has now been accepted.

Paul

My images on Flickr

Comment

Hello,

Please advise

Thanks,
                                Joop
                                I have opted to add your photograph.

This is a rare event and I can completely understand why it appears unlevel to the screeners.

Many airports around the world have interesting topography, and our screeners cannot be expected to be familiar with every one.

I hope this is a satisfactory outcome for you Joop.

Comment

Working...
                                X