Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all,
    may someone help me with this rejection?

I don't see it blurry!

Thanks all for helping me, Piero.

Comment

• Originally posted by JunkieIT View Post
      Hi all,
      may someone help me with this rejection?

I don't see it blurry!

Thanks all for helping me, Piero.
      Piero,

Im viewing your photo on my laptop and it looks fine to me and i would have accepted it. However remember i'm on my laptop. Would be probably worth an appeal in my eyes.

Chris
      Chris Sharps
      5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
      17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
      24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
      1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

• Is there any way that this one can be saved?

Although it is not a great photo, it does not appear on JP and is likely to be out of service soon, so thought it would be nice to include.

Any assistance much apprecaited.

Cheers
        Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by mtaylor334 View Post
          Is there any way that this one can be saved?

Although it is not a great photo, it does not appear on JP and is likely to be out of service soon, so thought it would be nice to include.

Any assistance much apprecaited.

Cheers
          Mark
          Hello There,
          Remember to upload genre as military!

I have touched up the contrast quickly using levels. Take a look at the histogram we can see a huge gap at the left hand of the histogram showing us the shadows are lacking contrast, which is giving the photo the washed out look.

The photo also has a strong blue cast so I have removed that slightly as-well.

The far left is levels adjustment and colour balance adjustment.

The centre is just levels.

The far right is your edit.

Hope that helps.

I have also put on a watermark to make sure no git runs off with your photo.

Ryan

Comment

• Thanks for your help Ryan. It is possibly just a little backlit - do you think that will be a problem? Wasn't mentioned in the original rejection

Cheers
            Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by mtaylor334 View Post
              Thanks for your help Ryan. It is possibly just a little backlit - do you think that will be a problem? Wasn't mentioned in the original rejection

Cheers
              Mark
              I would think it depends on who screens it the next go around although I could be wrong.

flickr

Comment

• That is way backlit and no chance of getting into the database.

Comment

• Originally posted by chris78cpr View Post
                  Piero,

Im viewing your photo on my laptop and it looks fine to me and i would have accepted it. However remember i'm on my laptop. Would be probably worth an appeal in my eyes.

Chris
                  Many thanks!
                  Piero

Comment

• Hey all!

Could I get a second set of eyes for these two?

I've been trying to shoot these two aircraft for weeks now, and I've collected dozens of (bad) shots. It may be the lighting at LaGrange, or perhaps the colors/shapes of the aircraft, but these two continue to elude me. Every shot turns out blurry, soft, poor in contrast, or otherwise off in some way. I thought I'd finally nailed it with these two, but they both got knocked for unsharp/soft.

Now, with the glider I've sharpened it to the point where all hard edges are almost jaggy - maybe it's the smooth curves of the fiberglass that are throwing the screeners (or my camera) off. Ideas?

With the Pawnee, the left wingtip is certainly out of focus. Is that the only issue, or is really that soft and I'm not seeing it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Comment

• KPWM, first of all, your signature is too large. Please reduce it to 100x500px:

Then, try first working with the contrast, before sharpening. Send me one original as JPG and I'll show you, what I mean, if you want.
                      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• I'm totally confused with this rejection, and uploading in general, at the moment. I know I set the correct CN# when uploading (even cross-checked with others in the DB). Auto-fill gave me all the correct info.

So, I re-upload with corrected information, again using auto-fill. Everything went ok but now the image shows no CN# whatsoever. When I go to "correct info", the CN# appears, but after I apply changes, it vanishes
                        JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Any clues? I'd like not to have to put it back in the queue, but will do so if it would cause problems otherwise.

Thanks as usual!

flickr

Comment

• Hans, in the queue I see the correct CN in your upload. The link to a large photo in the queue doesn't show the CN, which I didn't know until now!!

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                            Hans, in the queue I see the correct CN in your upload. The link to a large photo in the queue doesn't show the CN, which I didn't know until now!!

Cheers
                            Yeah it looks like all images in queue are like that. Oh well, I'll stick with what I have in queue now and forget about the rejection. Not sure why auto-fill assigned an incorrect CN though

flickr

Comment

• Hi there!
                              I am not able to improve this picture, could someone help me, please!
                              Thanks in advance, best regards
                              Fabrizio Berni - Italy

Comment

• Originally posted by hdgrubb View Post
                                Not sure why auto-fill assigned an incorrect CN though
                                Programmers do have a weird sense of humour sometimes ...

Fabrizio: if you have Photoshop CS, try Smart Sharpen, Radius 0.2-0.3, 150-250% . Although, it might be better to start from scratch to avoid fine jaggies.

Comment

Working...
                                X