Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with reject!

Hi JP Screeners,

Thanks for accepting my other shots from yesterday. But, I had this one being rejected: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3507257

Please help me in correcting my mistake!

Cheers,
    Sriram Hariharan

Comment

• Sriram
      Jpeg artifacts is usually the cause from saving the file at a low setting in photoshop and not the highest quality.

As for the noise/grain due to the whole image being underexposed and at night time it will show a lot more grain that what there normally would be. You are best to try and set the camera up correct the first time when doing night shots as post editing night shots can be quite hard if you have not taken the best photo.

Comment

• This photo was rejected for over-processing. Would someone please advise how I can check for this, as I have only followed my usual process.

Many thanks
        Mark

Comment

• The photo has some halos around the aircraft. These can be caused by different things, from D-lighting on (some?) Nikon cameras over auto-adjusting features up to wrong sharpening settings. How do you process your photos?
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Hi all,
            may someone help me with this pic?
            It has been rejected sure for Foreground Clutter, but I don't understand why! The frame looks good!

Thank you all,
            Pier Francesco

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
              The photo has some halos around the aircraft. These can be caused by different things, from D-lighting on (some?) Nikon cameras
              Yeah, actually the Canon equivalent is Highlight Tone Priority, so they've got that feature as well.

Besides, haloes can be caused by aggressive contrast/highlights adjustment. The photo is overexposed and oversharp which could be a factor, and it explains the Overprocessed rejection as well.
              Last edited by magic48; 2011-08-06, 12:27.

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                The photo has some halos around the aircraft. These can be caused by different things, from D-lighting on (some?) Nikon cameras over auto-adjusting features up to wrong sharpening settings. How do you process your photos?
                Thanks for your reply and also Magic48. I will have another look at the image and look for the halos. I usually do some initial work on the histogram in Lightroom and then final cropping, straightening etc in PS.

Cheers
                M

Comment

• Categories wrong or missing

A photo of an An-2 was rejected. Reason: Categories wrong or missing

I don't know which
                  Categories are wrong or missing.

So I appealed and asked which Categories are wrong or missing, because it was not mentioned.

I received the following message:
                  Your appeal for photo id 3526061 has been processed and has been rejected.
                  Admin Comments >> very well explained in the upload guidelines and forums.

Such an answer tells me nothing.

Which one of you can tell me the missing category, because I still don't know it.

Paul

Comment

• Paul, have you looked at the upload guidelines? Once there, you will find a link to a forum topic about categories. This link will help you for your future uploads.

Comment

• Thank you, I did know there was a link to to a forum topic about categories.

But I didn't read that because the An-2 is still in operational use.

I thought only planes in a museum or those out of service are warbird/vintage.

But now I know that all An-2 are warbird/vintage.

I still wondering why the Admin comments could not say this directly instead of the used sentence.

Comment

• Perhaps it was meant to lead you to a link you can use for future reference.

Comment

• Originally posted by JunkieIT View Post
                          Hi all,
                          may someone help me with this pic?
                          It has been rejected sure for Foreground Clutter, but I don't understand why! The frame looks good!

Thank you all,
                          Pier Francesco
                          no one?

Comment

• Pier,

Above the wing their appears to be fencing through-out the whole photo.

Sam
                            Last edited by RingwaySam; 2011-08-13, 15:46.

Comment

• Where is the blur please?

Thanks

flickr

Comment

• Hans, I am looking on my laptop, and that nose is very blurry, no doubt about that. I am sure that if I went onto my computer with my CRT screen that it will be very soft and blurry as. One for the personal collection mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X