Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
    Can someone help me out with the dust stop on this one - I'm missing it - one thing to note - if it's the black spot above the tail on the left (as you are looking at it), that is a bird in the distance - and I don't normally clone out birds. I did appeal the rejection pointing out the bird spot and asking for clarification on the dust spot, but the rejection notice did not detail anything at all in the admin comments.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3576462
    This bird had to be far far away, I don't think that someone would think that this small black dot is in fact a bird! In my opinion this point should be removed as this cant be identified as a bird! It looks rather than bee or other insect In my opinion birds in picture are OK, but only when you can see at least wings
    That's my 5 cents from regular photog not from screener

Comment

• Hi all,
      In response to #4379 I that posted yesterday are these any better?
      Added another one for your perusal too, ta muchly
      Regards
      René

Comment

• René, the colours are still quite unnatural I'm sorry.

Comment

• Hi all, today I had this rejection for soft.

Sure that's soft?
          I'm thinking to try an appeal but before I'd like to know your opinions.
          Thank you all!
          Pier Francesco

Comment

• Originally posted by JunkieIT View Post
            Hi all, today I had this rejection for soft.

Sure that's soft?
            I'm thinking to try an appeal but before I'd like to know your opinions.
            Thank you all!
            Pier Francesco
            It is too soft, indeed. An appeal would only be a waste of time. Here's a quick comparison of what it is (on the left) and roughly what it should look like (on the right).

Cheers

Comment

• Hi guys
              can someone please help me with the category? Night and Single Prop?

Cheers, Mehdi.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnazarinia View Post
                Hi guys
                can someone please help me with the category? Night and Single Prop?

Cheers, Mehdi.
                Night only.

rgds.
                “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

• Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                  Night only.

rgds.
                  Thanks ErwinS!

Comment

• All,

Need some help regarding the following rejects. All rejected for Bad Scan/CMOS dust spots.

The day I was shooting, there were some big clouds and then some feint ones in the distance. I am worried they (the feint) have been considered dust spots. Can I ask your opinions and whether you think I have basis for appeal on any.

I did email the screener to ask their advice but they pointed me in the direction of the forum.

Appreciate your help.

Photo ID's

Best regards,
                    Dave

Saving the World, One Screened Image at a time...

Comment

• Hi Dave,

Quite a lot of spots actually, all across the upper third of the image and especially in the top left corner.
                      Equalisation should show them in PS4.
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Have reviewed them fully at home and agree with all but GEZAV which I think is clear. My aging LCD screen though may not show them as well as yours Brian.

Thanks for the feedback, however, as you were the screener that responded to my request for help, why did you ask me to post in here asking for help when you have simply replied to my post? Seems a little bit of a long way of doing things but appreciate your help all the same.
                        Best regards,
                        Dave

Saving the World, One Screened Image at a time...

Comment

• Originally posted by AJ View Post
                          René, the colours are still quite unnatural I'm sorry.
                          I'm sorry too, thanks for replying though
                          Regards
                          René

Comment

• Originally posted by davepotter View Post
                            ......Thanks for the feedback, however, as you were the screener that responded to my request for help, why did you ask me to post in here asking for help when you have simply replied to my post? ........
                            Two reasons really.
                            -Posting here is the proper place for such questions as it keeps the screeners mailbox down to manageable levels. It also means that multiple replies can be seen on the same page rather than having to open individual emails.
                            -I just happened to be the first screener to respond. There is still the facility for another screener to put in their view which is far less likely to happen in the mailbox. When I respond to emails I copy the reply to the photoscreeners and that is the end normally of any further conversation as the other screeners see the issue as being dealt with.

Comment

• Originally posted by davepotter View Post
                              .....Have reviewed them fully at home and agree with all but GEZAV which I think is clear. My aging LCD screen though may not show them as well as yours Brian....
                              G-EZAV has a pair of spots in the upper left corner and, to a lesser extent across the top of the sky. This is the equalised image that we see in screening...

Last edited by brianw999; 2011-09-30, 13:53.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmk2112 View Post
                                Hi all,
                                In response to #4379 I that posted yesterday are these any better?
                                Added another one for your perusal too, ta muchly
                                Regards
                                René
                                and AJ said...

René, the colours are still quite unnatural I'm sorry.
                                Knowing LHR as well as I do I have to say that colours like this are not unusual at this time of day and with these weather conditions. A combination of low sun, jet fumes off of the airport and the exhaust smog off of the nearby M25, A4 and A30 roads that are packed wall to wall with vehicles at this time of day all combine to give a slightly "grubby" orange evening glow.

Here's a few examples of my own with similar conditions. Notice how reds and blues tend to lose their daytime saturation...

[photoid=6233472]
                                [photoid=6233468]
                                [photoid=6233438]
                                Last edited by brianw999; 2011-09-30, 18:56.

Comment

Working...
                                X