Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have cropped the photos outside of the allowable size ratio. The screeners actually left you a note in the remarks regarding what size is allowable.

1st one: Your photo was x=1200 y=761 and the valid ranges are: 1200x910 - 1200x790

2nd one: Your photo was x=1024 y=624 and the valid ranges are: 1024x778 - 1024x673

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oliver P. View Post
      Yes I realize that, hence the rejection, but what in particular makes it stand out as blurry? The tail?

Because when you compare it to http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...309092&nseq=17,
      the you can see the difference in sharpness in the back, but that is partially because of the angle and the increase in available light. They aren't the same shot, the rejected one has less light in it and at a different angle. So I guess the question boils down to whether the entire photo is a problem or the fact that the back 1/3 of the 330 is 'blurry.'

Thanks for the clarification/help.
      The tail is indeed very blurry and the cause of the rejection.

I'll be frankly honest and say in my opinion you were lucky to get that Aer Lingus shot on as the front end is blurry, especially the titles .

Comment

• Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post

I'll be frankly honest and say in my opinion .
        Thanks James - this was actually the response I was hoping for, I see exactly what you mean. I was mainly checking to make sure I knew what was to avoid it in the future.

Appreciate the help.

Comment

• Hi People,

A few years back i bought all the gear ...Cannon this Cannon that, stabalised the whole works, I then spent a small fortune on Photoshop but to no avail, every picture submitted came back rejected, it got to me that much that I eventually sold the lot and went back to just taking numbers. Now years down the line and a tad wiser i have again spent a small fortune (+£5000) on camera equipment, I learnt more about ISO, F stops the lot, went on courses etc etc. Just lately I bought myself a top of the range iMac and went on courses on how to use Appature etc etc, still remembering the disspointment of rejected shot in the past i used one of these lessons to get the apple teacher to read the upload guidelines of JP.net and had him work on a picture of mine, submitted it and hey preston...rejected. This time i am not giving up, the screeners tell me that the picture isnt sharp enough, but i cant see it, how much sharp should i apply ?, how much is too much ?, the guy from the apple store says it is perfectly sharp...me...im confused. Any help greatfully recieved.

Help !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
            In all honesty - this time, lining up on the green bank behind the aircraft would make sense - while I don't normally like to do that, in this case, it would make the best sense for leveling. The building to me is too far away and would be insignificant in this case. The bank behind the aircraft extended from in front of the nose to behind the tail and when lining the horizon with that, makes sense...but - I'm not expert
            Hello MarkLawrence

Thanks for your help, unfortunately, I am also no expert.
            I will work on the picture once again.
            Regards Roland

rfotomoments.com
            Instagram > art_of_aviation_photography

Comment

• Hi folks,

I had this one rejected several days ago and I was OK with the decision, until I saw this nice photo below, that WAS accepted:

Panning F4.5 at 1/20sec before sunrise. Arrival on 07R.. N593NW. Boeing 757-351. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I don't mean to single out the photographer; it is a great shot. But where does his differ from mine? There may be a bit more going on in Saurabh's photo, but personally I believe it is even more blurry than my rejected shot. I feel that quality of mine, given the shooting conditions, is every bit as acceptable.

Any feedback? Thanks

flickr

Comment

• Categories wrong or missing

Hi,
                This photo was rejected because of "Categories wrong or missing".
                Please let me know what I forgot to mark and/or what I marked wrong?

Best regards,
                Erez.

Comment

• Originally posted by burnsy133 View Post
                  Hi People,

A few years back i bought all the gear ...Cannon this Cannon that, stabalised the whole works, I then spent a small fortune on Photoshop but to no avail, every picture submitted came back rejected, it got to me that much that I eventually sold the lot and went back to just taking numbers. Now years down the line and a tad wiser i have again spent a small fortune (+£5000) on camera equipment, I learnt more about ISO, F stops the lot, went on courses etc etc. Just lately I bought myself a top of the range iMac and went on courses on how to use Appature etc etc, still remembering the disspointment of rejected shot in the past i used one of these lessons to get the apple teacher to read the upload guidelines of JP.net and had him work on a picture of mine, submitted it and hey preston...rejected. This time i am not giving up, the screeners tell me that the picture isnt sharp enough, but i cant see it, how much sharp should i apply ?, how much is too much ?, the guy from the apple store says it is perfectly sharp...me...im confused. Any help greatfully recieved.

Help !!!
                  Well, the first thing you need to do is go back to the Apple store, find the guy you spoke to, take him firmly by the hand ....and lead him to the nearest opticians. You'll need to lead him there.......because he is quite clearly as blind as a bat !!!!

Apart from the centreing issue (the aircraft is too low in the frame, centre the fuselage horizontally and vertically) three things immediately strike me with this image.

1. The contrast is way out with a serious lack of dark tones and highlights.
                  2. It is seriously soft.
                  3. There are several dust spots which can be seen clearly.

To address each issue. The next image is a quick reprocess but leaving the dust spots in and outlined. Processing descriptions relate to Photoshop CS3which happily is what you use.

1. Contrast. I went to the histogram and adjusted each end to ensure that the graph started and ended in each corner. Access the histogram via "Image"..."Adjustments"...Levels". Adjustment consists of left clicking and holding on the baseline arrows and dragging them in to touch the base of the graph.

2. Softness. I applied 5 passes of Unsharp Mask set at 100%, Radius 0.2 and threshold 0. Access Unsharp Mask via "Filter"..."Sharpen".

3. The dust spots are indicated. I would use a clone tool to fix these. Go to this tutorial to create an action set for dealing with dust spots... http://forums.jetphotos.net/showpost...16&postcount=2

Access the clone tool via the toolbar. You want the Clone Stamp tool which is the fifth tool down on the left side of the toolbar. If you don't see it then left click and hold on that option and other options appear. There are only two options available here. To use the clone tool (make sure that Caps Lock is set to off, it changes the cursor otherwise) position the cursor close to the spot that you want to fix and in an area of the same colour. Hold down the Alt key and left click once to select the colour area you wish to use to fix the spot. Now position the cursor over the spot and click once. DON'T WAVE THE CURSOR AROUND, just hold it still. This will stamp the selected area over the spot to fix it. Make sure that the cursor is large enough to cover the spot completely.

Compare the above image to this original as posted...
                  Last edited by brianw999; 2012-02-24, 14:58.
                  If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by hdgrubb View Post
                    Hi folks,

I had this one rejected several days ago and I was OK with the decision, until I saw this nice photo below, that WAS accepted:

Panning F4.5 at 1/20sec before sunrise. Arrival on 07R.. N593NW. Boeing 757-351. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I don't mean to single out the photographer; it is a great shot. But where does his differ from mine? There may be a bit more going on in Saurabh's photo, but personally I believe it is even more blurry than my rejected shot. I feel that quality of mine, given the shooting conditions, is every bit as acceptable.

Any feedback? Thanks
                    Oh dear ! All I can say is that your shot was correctly rejected. I understand how you feel but ...............

Comment

• Originally posted by ErezS View Post
                      Hi,
                      This photo was rejected because of "Categories wrong or missing".
                      Please let me know what I forgot to mark and/or what I marked wrong?

Best regards,
                      Erez.
                      Hi Erez,
                      I have no way to check what you did or did not select but it needs the "Special Scheme" category.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                        Hi Erez,
                        I have no way to check what you did or did not select but it needs the "Special Scheme" category.
                        Thanks Brian,
                        But there are already some photos of this aircraft on the database (with the sticker and without the sticker), but no one with "Special Scheme" category.
                        Is it sure that I need to select the category?
                        I want to avoid further rejection unnecessarily.

Best regards,
                        Erez.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                          Oh dear ! All I can say is that your shot was correctly rejected. I understand how you feel but ...............
                          But, what? The quality is no different

flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by hdgrubb View Post
                            But, what? The quality is no different
                            I can definitely sympathize with you there Hans. Yours is definitely less grainy...I'm bad at finding blurry 'spots,' so I can't say much else though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oliver P. View Post
                              I can definitely sympathize with you there Hans. Yours is definitely less grainy...I'm bad at finding blurry 'spots,' so I can't say much else though.
                              I don't believe an honest reason will be given Oliver. Either there is favoritism among uploaders and screeners, or acceptance just depends on screeners mood for the day..or both... No way is my rejection any more blurry than the accepted photo. It is every bit as good

flickr

Comment

• Hans, the two images were probably screened by different screeners and because we're only human we can't always see things exactly the same way. To be brutally honest I would have rejected both shots.

Comment

Working...
                                X