Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undersharpened/soft

Can you tell me how best to sharpen this (i.e. percentages and radius/how many times)?

I don't think it needs much and I just don't want to risk over-sharpening!

Comment

• Originally posted by akerosid View Post
      Can you tell me how best to sharpen this (i.e. percentages and radius/how many times)?

I don't think it needs much and I just don't want to risk over-sharpening!
      Why afraid of overdoing it? Just try some 60% 0,2 and if you see jaggies just undo the last action. Or create a layer, sharpen, erase the oversharpen parts and flatten. Or selectively sharpen details.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdeboer View Post
        Or selectively sharpen details.
        I like this Pam. There is a brush specifically for sharpening. If some parts of the A/C are sharper than others, just use the brush selectively on the soft spots

flickr

Comment

• Hi,

Can somebody help me with this one:

- Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
          - Dark / Underexposed

I centered this image with the 4 subdivision in photoshop, what I do with every image. Personally I think this image is not that dark, maybe a +0.03 exposure to add?

TIA

Comment

• Originally posted by Michel View Post
            Hi,

Can somebody help me with this one:

- Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
            - Dark / Underexposed

I centered this image with the 4 subdivision in photoshop, what I do with every image. Personally I think this image is not that dark, maybe a +0.03 exposure to add?

TIA
            Michel,

She is a bit to high in the frame.

And if I look at your other shots of that day she looks a bit to dark. She could do with some more exposure.
            “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

• Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
              Michel,

She is a bit to high in the frame.

And if I look at your other shots of that day she looks a bit to dark. She could do with some more exposure.
              Erwin,

Thnx for your advice. I will improve the image and upload it again.

Michel

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                Right then. Here's my version. The major problem was the noise in the sky which cameras of the type that you use tend to create and I have used Noise Ninja to deal with that. You chose to use a 4:3 crop 1024x768 when a 3:2 crop 1024x683 would have been more appropriate and would have reduced the amount of uninteresting sky and foreground. I have processed to the 4:3 crop that you used.
                Other than the NoiseNinja noise reduction it didn't require a huge amount of processing in Photoshop CS3. I reduced some noise on the fuselage but to a lower level than that used on the sky. I sharpened overall two times at 50_0.2_0 and then gave the Phillipines title and the fuselage logo a further two shots of the same as selective sharpening.
                The image is not that sharp to start with and I think the compression on the aircraft that you produced was more a case of oversharpening on a small image.
                Anyway...try this one if you wish...

Just got the results from this one and it got slammed with reject reasons!
                "- Over Processed / Bad postprocessing
                - Overexposed
                - JPG compression artefacts"

Guess the bottom line is this photo is just not going to work. Bummer, thanks for the help though!

Comment

• Got this rejection in the mail today.

Can anyone help me with this rejection?
                  If its the ceiling... I think the sunlight is probably helping create the illusion of oversharpness?

TIA,
                  Sankalp

Comment

• Sankalp,
                    Yes ceiling is over sharpened - Pic is leaning to the right a bit too, so CCW rotation is needed. The outside are also overexposed and last, you're not supposed to show recognizable faces on that kind of shot.
                    One for the personal collection.
                    Regards
                    Alex

Comment

• Here is a couple the baffled me:
                      The Qantas it is a night shot reject for backlit.

And the Fedex interior is another reject for - Dark / Underexposed
                      - Horizon unlevel.

Comment

• The 717 is clearly backlit as you can see the light on the other side of the fuselage.

The Interior shot is indeed dark. You can see that the yellow lighting is a brown colour showing under exposure. It also needs CW roation.

Comment

• Want an explaination on this reject :

Comment

• The tail is in a backlit condition. Read the upload guidelines which clearly states that as a general rule of thumb if the tail is backlit the aircraft is also backlit.

Comment

• You can see the sun is on top and not on the back of the plane. This can never be backlit.

Comment

• How do you tell if it is backlit well the sun will be on either side of the vertical stabilizer.If the sun is directly on top, and due to the shape of the vertical stabilizer there will be some light on the leading edge and about 1/8th of the way aft from the leading edge. Your shot the tail is completely in shadow so it is backlit. End of argument. If you would like me to show you a picture of a aircraft that has the sun on the top and on the nose I am more than happy to show you and prove my point. I am not trying to be nasty more point out that what backlit really means to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X