Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AJ
    Ollie, it wasn't rejected for categories!

The hangar support at the centre of the frame needs to be vertical.
    I have leveled it on that. Okay i made a mistake, Genre. Its a civilian owned aircraft wearing no markings. What should it be?

Comment

• Ollie,
      Most Warbirds are civilian owned but they are still a "warbird" (i.e. designed for military purposes).
      Last edited by cja; 2007-11-11, 09:38. Reason: SP

Comment

• Originally posted by cja
        Ollie,
        Most Warbirds are civilian owned but they are still a "warbird" (i.e. designed for military purposes).
        But does that mean the 'Millitary' option should be ticked? I didnt think it would as all the other Warbird photos i have uploaded have not had it ticked. This is where being able to see categorys would be so usefull again.

Comment

• Ollie, as far as I understand it the military tag applies if the aircraft is currently owned/operated by a military force and is in military markings.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999
            Ollie, as far as I understand it the military tag applies if the aircraft is currently owned/operated by a military force and is in military markings.
            That is my understanding to, so im unsure what is ment by genre.

Comment

• Does that AC have any marking at all ? If not, upload as civilian and leave a note to the screener.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe
                Does that AC have any marking at all ? If not, upload as civilian and leave a note to the screener.
                No, it is just painted green with a name under the side of the cockpit.

Comment

• Ollie,

It looks like you have raised a good point here. There is nothing that I can see, either on the upoad page or in the detailed guidelines that would appear to cover this point.

My own assumption would be that "military" means an aircraft designed for, or adopted for use by a military organisation. Therefore an aircarft designed for military use but operated by a non military organisation still counts as a military aircraft.

Sounds like I coud be wrong though so perhaps a screener could clarify this point???
                  Last edited by cja; 2007-11-11, 17:09.

Comment

• Therefore an aircraft designed for military use but operated by a non military organisation still counts as a military aircraft.
                    ...but there are an awful lot of pictures in the database of aircraft originally designed and intended for military use that are not owned by the military and have not been uploaded as military. Every old warbird ( Spitfire, Hurricane, Mustang etc. ) is listed as civilian or privately owned with a "Warbird" tag. I have successfully uploaded ex WW2 fighters and bombers and have never tagged them as military

The aircraft Ollie is referring to is privately owned by a civilian individual and currently being rebuilt by a private company, i.e. The Fighter Collection at Duxford. The aircraft does not have a civilian registration and is being rebuilt using parts from two or more aircraft.

In these circumstances I would say...upload as civilian, warbird and leave a note to the screeners as to why this has been done.

In brief....

If its a currently serving military aircraft being operated by a recognised air arm then upload as military.

If its an ex military aircraft owned by a private individual, even if its in military markings, then upload as civilian.

......but most importantly. leave a note to the screeners to explain why something has been done.
                    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999
                      In these circumstances I would say...upload as civilian, warbird and leave a note to the screeners as to why this has been done.
                      Okay with that

Originally posted by brianw999
                      In brief....

If its a currently serving military aircraft being operated by a recognised air arm then upload as military.

If its an ex military aircraft owned by a private individual, even if its in military markings, then upload as civilian.

......but most importantly. leave a note to the screeners to explain why something has been done.
                      YES !!
                      Go with the reg. If it's flying under a civil Reg upload as civilian. But if the AC is owned by a museum but isn't in flying condition, upload as military with the air Force it has the colours of...

Best regards
                      Alex

Comment

• Yes but surely we are talking about genre not ownership for which there is already a seperate field. If the way it works is as above then there is little point having the genre tag at all.?????

Comment

• Ollie put the 'airline' as 'Australia - Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF)', therefore the genre should be military.

If he had put 'Private' it should have been civilian.

Comment

• Hey Guys, is this photo really Soft?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1663811

The thing is that if I appply more sharp, it would look overersharpend.

EDIT: And with this pic:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1664872

Can I appeal?Because I don't have the registration of the A/C!

Comment

• Horizon - and some other stuff

Ok, it seems to me that 'Horizon Unlevel' is killing me and slightly out of control? I always use a grid and if I can't find a true horizon then I use vertical which for the most part is more accurate. Here's and example:

N934FR

The 'Horizon' is not unlevel. The line where the tarmack ends and the buildings/background start is level. All the vertical lines are vertical. Now, yes, the runway lines look like they run uphill and a horizontal line of a building in the background does too- but that's just the way it is.

As far as the rejection for 'Dark/Underexposed' - that confuses me too. Too dark for what? I think it looks fine. And the 'Similar Upload'? What this - Another view of N934FR?

Well, I'm not really asking for help with this photo 'cause I won't appeal - I do that very rarely even if I disagree. I'll just try to fix what the screener has said and resubmit at a later date. I'm just trying to understand if anybody else has any thoughts about my misunderstandings - thanks.

Take care,
                              Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by zaguate1
                                Hey Guys, is this photo really Soft?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1663811

The thing is that if I appply more sharp, it would look overersharpend.

EDIT: And with this pic:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1664872

Can I appeal?Because I don't have the registration of the A/C!

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1663811 does not look that soft but there is some CA in evidence.

Second shot is rejected because you put UNKNOWN in the reg field. This should be left blank.

Jid

Comment

Working...
                                X